regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Both me and F are obsessives. Have the Cooper diaries, the Palmer diaries, the history of the show, the S3 book, and we talk about every detail. S3 was incredible and both me and F talking about going back. So if you need any chat / bounce off ideas, let me know.
  • This will sound like a stupid question… how or where do you rent 4K movies? I’m browsing Amazon Prime and Netflix and can’t see an option for movies in 4K.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • You have to pay for the top package on Netflix for the 4K Dolby vision stuff and then, if you’ve plumped for this level, the shows and movies available in those formats will automatically come in at that rate.  Presuming your internet speeds are up to it.

Edit.  You don’t need great line speed tbh. Maybe around 20mbs?

Edit edit.  Think Amazon has a separate UHD section to browse through/filter?
  • I use the app built into my tv btw.  Think you have an LG Oled now so use the installed apps rather than going through a console or other device.
  • Ok cool thanks. Tv seemed to auto start the PS5 and remote controls PS5 too, what?!

I’ll use the TV apps. Also, will see if I can upgrade Netflix sub. Paying only £5pm at the moment through Sky (instead of £9 or whatever it was).
  • Net should be fine. I have 500mb connection… :D
  • Yeah, you'll need to upgrade Netflix to get the 4K content (not that there seems to be much).  Disney+ and Prime seem to have more available.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Apple TV is great. They have a lot of sales on both buying and renting. App is on LG TV’s if you don’t have an Apple TV box.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Ok cool thanks. Tv seemed to auto start the PS5 and remote controls PS5 too, what?! I’ll use the TV apps. Also, will see if I can upgrade Netflix sub. Paying only £5pm at the moment through Sky (instead of £9 or whatever it was).

Yeah, turn that off in the settings. It gets annoying.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Nest. I really liked this in spite of its horrible characters. Jude Law as an image obsessed trader. It plays and feels just like a 70s/80s horror movie but isn't a horror at all (well, except for the horribleness of Law's character) but the oppressive feel plays really well to the breakdown of family life. Slow and moody.
  • Just watched the first 30 minutes of WW1984, thinking that it couldn't possibly be as bad as everyone said or even as bad as Aquaman. Wrong on both counts - it is astonishingly bad in almost every conceivable way. I don't usually turn films off, but bloody hell I couldn't stand any more of it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow wrote:
    The Nest. I really liked this in spite of its horrible characters. Jude Law as a image obsessed trader. It plays and feels just like a 70s/80s horror movie but isn't a horror at all (well, except for the horribleness of Law's character) but the oppressive feel plays really well to the breakdown of family life. Slow and moody.
    Enjoyed that one a lot. It's from the director of Martha Marcy May Mylene which was also great.
  • I’ve heard negative reviews of The Nest from Glasgow pals, but I still quite fancy it. Glad to see you guys were more positive.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Just watched the first 30 minutes of WW1984, thinking that it couldn't possibly be as bad as everyone said or even as bad as Aquaman. Wrong on both counts - it is astonishingly bad in almost every conceivable way. I don't usually turn films off, but bloody hell I couldn't stand any more of it.

It is so, so bad.
    So bad that it is more watchable than some of the other stuff just for the sheer spectacle of how bad it is.
    The writing is so incompetent they manage to make the hero effectively a rapist!
  • Scout wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    The Nest. I really liked this in spite of its horrible characters. Jude Law as a image obsessed trader. It plays and feels just like a 70s/80s horror movie but isn't a horror at all (well, except for the horribleness of Law's character) but the oppressive feel plays really well to the breakdown of family life. Slow and moody.
    Enjoyed that one a lot. It's from the director of Martha Marcy May Mylene which was also great.

Another one that was meant to come out just as covid closed cinemas here. Looked good so I'll definitely check it out now
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Just watched the first 30 minutes of WW1984, thinking that it couldn't possibly be as bad as everyone said or even as bad as Aquaman. Wrong on both counts - it is astonishingly bad in almost every conceivable way. I don't usually turn films off, but bloody hell I couldn't stand any more of it.
    It is so, so bad. So bad that it is more watchable than some of the other stuff just for the sheer spectacle of how bad it is. The writing is so incompetent they manage to make the hero effectively a rapist!
    I've not seen a film fail this hard since The Last Jedi. Holy shit WW84 was so shockingly bad. They could have done the same story but without the rape. 
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Witness for the Prosecution is on iPlayer at the minute. A courtroom drama with Charles Laughton in full flow. Has Marlene Deitrich, Tyrone Power and Laughton's wife playing off him in little comic relief asides. There's a host of other well known old British faces. Has a splendid ending and worth a look.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Great movie that.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Superhost

It's on Shudder as of today. Fuck me that's a fun movie. Nothing new, couple who have a YouTube channel going to and reviewing hosted properties head to one, and the owner is a fuckimg lunatic.

Gracie Gillam, as said lunatic, properly hams it up and is fantastic.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Superhost It's on Shudder as of today. Fuck me that's a fun movie. Nothing new, couple who have a YouTube channel going to and reviewing hosted properties head to one, and the owner is a fuckimg lunatic. Gracie Gillam, as said lunatic, properly hams it up and is fantastic.

Just finished it.  There was a little too much ham for my taste.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I adore performances like that. Can see how it could grate for others.
  • Does any scenery survive unchewed?
  • I'm drinking rum and about to watch Mandy for the first time. Wow this film is pretty intense so far and very little has happened yet
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Does any scenery survive unchewed?

Not a single inch of it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Is Shudder good?

It is decent if you like horror. Some of their originals are actually class, but doesn't have the deepest wealth of content due to one genre.
  • Just watched Incendies for the first time. Shiiiiiit! Absolute masterpiece.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Is Shudder good?
    It is decent if you like horror. Some of their originals are actually class, but doesn't have the deepest wealth of content due to one genre.

I had a look at their library.  I might get it for the next few months but I was hoping for a more comprehensive collection, tbh. If you're going to limit yourself to a single genre, I'd really be wanting everything in it. Lots of sequels and trash.

There are a few films that I haven't seen though so I'll probably dip in and out.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's not bad for a fiver a month. I'm a huge Creepshow fan (yes it's crap but guilty pleasure) and their originals are generally sound.

But yeah, it's a relatively limited library considering what is out there. Some classics, though.
  • Think I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but cosmic sin really is amazingly bad. (I am reminded due to comments about ww1984.

Meanwhile, watched a few things recently that have been diverting without being amazing.

Radius. Cheap little one trick pony horror/SF thing. Pretty cool and doesn't outstay welcome.

No sudden moves. Pretty good soderberg. Hell of a cast.

The green knight. Wtf man. Wtf. But for a slow burn, engaging.

Watching lynch's dune right now for the first time in a very long time. What an assembly of talent for a big ol mess. Vfx are so mixed bag even for the time.

Started snake eyes. Terrible. Not even dumb action flick good.

Sleepless. (Jamie foxx thing from 2017.) good cop thriller.

Nobody was good. Knows what it is, 90 minutes. Silly action. Good stuff.

I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!