Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I spent my first day in GTA IV obeying traffic laws so skydiving onto a 747 is definitely not my bag...

The only thing that will beat my excitement for V will be my excitement for a next-gen VI.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Multiple characters would be cool in GTAV.  Like in a Pulp Fiction kind of way. (has that been done before in the PSP/DLC stuff in never played them).

aparently gtaV will be 3 charcters in 3 seperate storys that all come together for a final chapter.
    (acording to rumour on websites and an american guy i were talking too)

the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony did this already with the diamond drop that went 3 ways  in story.

the ballad of gay tony were the bit mental one with the zany missions and crazy base jumping and tank stealing.
    perhaps mod you could give it another try once your passed the small penis part?
    (cut scenes are skippable)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • whether the new GTA is crazy enough or not crazy enough, too fun or too serious, beautiful or ugly, huge or tiny, here is the fundamental problem i have with GTAs that need sorted...

so i die during a mission...so i respawn somewhere, and i have to find a car, then i have to drive somewhere to get to start the mission again, where i meet some chumps, and i then have to drive all across the map to the place where the mission actually happens, and then i die during the mission, probably in a way that i would blame on the clunky controls...so i respawn...and when it happens again is usually when i stop playing for good!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • They have gradually fixed that with mid-mission save points, they do seem consistently behind the curve on that stuff though. A time sink that needed you to repeat lots of missions was fine last generation, on-line has taken that time this gen.

The multiple character idea sounds good. I quite liked the Nico storyline, but the whole three islands was really stretching it far too thinly. Missions stop making sense and the kill count gets out of control as well.

It is still one of my favourite looking games this generation, that painted style is fantastic, especially as the light changes with time.
  • I think i managed to glitch my character somewhere he can't get out of now so i'm stuck. Otherwise i'm just shit at gtaiv. I didn't play any of the others apart from the top down first one. Id like to be good at it but i'm not. I want someone to come around and finish it for me!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I agree with the opinion that they need to fix the shooting and general control of the character we play as - some missions were so damn frustrating and repetitive to boot.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    I agree with the opinion that they need to fix the shooting and general control of the character we play as - some missions were so damn frustrating and repetitive to boot.
    Going off my experience with Max Payne they have...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    I spent my first day in GTA IV obeying traffic laws..

You have to do that in real life.  Why anyone would want to do that in a game is beyond me.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Was going to lol about me. But Mod's rampant homophobia has put me off :(
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And pre-emptive before he asks 'what I mean'
    Mod74 wrote:
    The biker gang one was OK, I turned the gay club owner one after ten minutes. I'm not homophobic but if I wanted to spend my time with George Michael I'd hang around Clapham Common.

You didn't want to play the game because characters are camp or gay. That's pretty homophobic.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Which is a shame, because you missed the most fun GTA has had since Vice City, which was (ironically enough) a different kind of camp / gay.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I ordered the Liberty City Stories thingy or whatever it's called earlier today.  Gonna get my gay on!
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Awesome.

There's an insane mission where you 
    Spoiler:
  • @regmcfly
    I see what you were gettin at but not liking camp people doesnt make you homophobic, just means you dont like those personality traits. Not liking gay people because they are gay does mind.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I don't like gay people cos there's one on another site I go on and he said I'm not sexy :(
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    NOW YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THE BIG MEANIE!!
    Get schwifty.
  • If they take the feel of IV and the spin offs and implement proper controls I'll be more than happy.  

Was that Saints Row 3 in that video that Mod posted?  It might have been more interesting if it hadn't all been a cutscene.  Besides, if that's what you want, just play that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    @regmcfly I see what you were gettin at but not liking camp people doesnt make you homophobic, just means you dont like those personality traits. Not liking gay people because they are gay does mind.
    Hmm.. However I said that to cover my bases, I don't think there's an ounce of camp in Tony (the character). The missions are overblown and fantastical, but that's about it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I don't like gay people cos there's one on another site I go on and he said I'm not sexy :(

Hes just wrong, you most defintly are! :)

psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    @regmcfly I see what you were gettin at but not liking camp people doesnt make you homophobic, just means you dont like those personality traits. Not liking gay people because they are gay does mind.
    Hmm.. However I said that to cover my bases, I don't think there's an ounce of camp in Tony (the character). The missions are overblown and fantastical, but that's about it.
    Luis? Tony is as camp as is possible in a business suit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    GUYS THANK YOU

If I ever turn homosexual, you'll be the first ones to get bummed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Luis? Tony is as camp as is possible in a business suit.

Shit. I meant Luis. Who walks into a club and pumps a girl.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyhoo, point is, when there's that much blatant POOSEEE banging going on between Luis doing it and Omid Djalilli talking about it, one gay character putting you off it probably says more about you than the game.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Err, what?

I've said from day one I disliked the actual homophobia in GTAIV. And it was the primary reason I never let our lad play it. Sticking a DLC mission on about a gay club owner doesn't cancel that out.

And I'm not homophobic in the slightest, I've no objection to gay characters in games. In fact I seem to remember starting a thread asking where they all were.

I just didn't want to spend another few hours in the presence of what the Houser's thought a gay character was (i.e. massively overblown stereotype), especially given their treatment of gay characters in the main game.

I didn't challenge the "UR am homofobe" jibes earler as I didn't think anyone was being serious. Expected better from you Reg, and I'm especially disappointed you thought TBoGT had any merit.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    To add, my posting of the congressman's penis was a commentary on the fact that was all the tired hacks could manage to be a bit naughty. You'll remember as well they rather childishly rip the opening of Austin Power's 2 off by hiding it and hiding it then popping the old fella out.

I've absolutely no objection to penis' in games, more the merrier. What I object to is the giggling teenage boy way they used male nudity in a supposedly "realistic" game.

"oh aren't we serious". No, you're hacks.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    I spent my first day in GTA IV obeying traffic laws..
    You have to do that in real life.  Why anyone would want to do that in a game is beyond me.
    It made a change from my normal driving style...
  • Mod74 wrote:
    To add, my posting of the congressman's penis was a commentary on the fact that was all the tired hacks could manage to be a bit naughty. You'll remember as well they rather childishly rip the opening of Austin Power's 2 off by hiding it and hiding it then popping the old fella out.

I've absolutely no objection to penis' in games, more the merrier. What I object to is the giggling teenage boy way they used male nudity in a supposedly "realistic" game.

"oh aren't we serious". No, you're hacks.

fair points.
  • so what was 24/05 about?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • ...about four days ago.

:D

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I just didn't want to spend another few hours in the presence of what the Houser's thought a gay character was

You're on a hiding to nothing if you can't work around stereotypes in games, Mod. Captain Token's king of this catchment area.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!