Current Affairs
  • Anyway, it’s all standard modern corporate stuff isn’t it? Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you want to be a loudmouth CEO all over social media, then the buck stops with you personally when shit hits the fan.
  • Thats the big difference here I guess between Brewdog and someone like Diageo.
  • monkey wrote:
    They have lots of different flavours of piss tbf.
    CdhrpfM.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Thats the big difference here I guess between Brewdog and someone like Diageo.

Diageo tend to follow the rules. Admittedly it helps that they’re big enough to influence the writing of the rules.
  • poprock wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Thats the big difference here I guess between Brewdog and someone like Diageo.
    Diageo tend to follow the rules. Admittedly it helps that they’re big enough to influence the writing of the rules.

Yeah. The alcohol equivalent of Nestle or Pepsico really.
  • Very much so. At that scale, they have to act as responsible corporate citizens – at least to the degree you would expect them to. (They’re still all about finding loopholes, avoiding tax, etc etc.)

Brewdog are starting to run into problems on a scale they haven’t had to deal with before. They’re not the indie outsiders battling the big beer industry, they’re a reasonably-sized international player and they have been from quite early on. This is just one inevitable public fuckup which they’ve entirely brought on themselves and are handling spectacularly poorly from the off.
  • https://www.smh.com.au/national/ben-roberts-smith-involved-in-six-murders-in-afghanistan-court-hears-20210610-p57zs2.html

Reckon this bloke was probably drinking brewdog out of the prosthetic leg of the Afghani he kiiled.

In a country with famously plaintiff friendly defamation laws, this could be the second own goal of the year.

Former attorney General settled out of court to avoid having truth defense used to fuck his shit up, and now this guy is coming into court like he has a strong case. Meanwhile, 21 former SAS colleagues and his ex wife are gonna skewer him because he appears to be a war criminal, domestic abuser and unafraid to intimate and do dodgy shit to get away with stuff.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Today we’re seeing the big pile-on as everybody who dislikes Brewdog throws in their tuppence. Just like G and I have here. Most people know they’re a shitty company and today is the day for venting.

This is a good one:

STphCzR.png
  • They'e always been a bit shit, but I'm slightly worried this will cause the whole thing to go up in flames. I've always assumed they're in massive debt because of all the bars, this doesn't seem like a good time for everyone to realise they're not cool, a lot of jobs could go.
  • It won’t cause the whole thing to go up in flames. Worst case, they have to spend a lot of money making it go away and the CEO’s ego takes a bruising. Their private equity investors won’t allow it to go tits up, they’d kick out the founders first.

Oh yeah, that was another dick move. Build your brand around being fiercely independent, make a lot of noise about ‘never selling out’ and not being ‘about the money’ and announce a share scheme for fans, telling them they all get to be owner-investors. But then, just before opening sales of the shares, quietly sell off quarter of the business to one private equity investor while making sure the public buy-in only totals a tiny percentage of the whole.
  • I've never exactly minded BrewDog stuff to drink - used to pound Jackhammers I used to pick up from me favourite offy in Shinjuku. Mind you, the fact they even had robust growth and distribution that far out should've indicated to me that some amount of cornercutting and fuckery was in the mix. I won't miss their work, there's plenty of punchy IPAs around now.
  • Aye. Am also a fan of “overhopped piss”.
  • Sorry - overhopped beer that tastes like tramps piss.
  • I'm off the booze long term but still quite like to have a 0% (0.5%) at regular beer type occasions.
    Nanny State is one of if not the only 0% readily available that isn't fucking disgusting so I will likely continue to hand Brewdog money.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've always found that tramp piss tastes like sugar puffs, never noticed the hoppyness to it, but maybe I wouldn't as I'm only a casual piss drinker
  • I've never minded some of their beer but others were undrinkable piss - you walk into their bar in Newcastle on a Saturday and the number of half finished pints demonstrates this.

I never knew about their shitty reputation until now, but I can safely say I won't be buying their gear again.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The familiarity with bouquet de tramp piss in here is worrying.
  • I've always found that tramp piss tastes like sugar puffs, never noticed the hoppyness to it, but maybe I wouldn't as I'm only a casual piss drinker

Fucking casuals.

If you want to get into proper piss, might I suggest Pissona 4: Golden?
  • I've always found that tramp piss tastes like sugar puffs, never noticed the hoppyness to it, but maybe I wouldn't as I'm only a casual piss drinker

It might be because of diabetes, the sugar is unprocessed by the body because the body can’t and sugar just shoots right through. In the olden days you used to be diagnosed with diabetes by pissing on the floor and seeing if ants were attracting to that high fructose syrup
  • Some piss tier top tier puns in here today.
  • This shit is hilarious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57483907

A bunch of brands have pulled adverts from GB News basically the day after the channel launched. The brands were unaware at first that their adverts would air on the channel as they pay agencies to handle that.

GB News and of course Piers Cumstain Morgan have not reacted well. The libertarian, freedom of speech mongers don't like it when brands use their freedom of choice to not be associated with GB News.
    One presenter said Kopperburg should think about lost revenue from their customers, I suspect they already are mate.
  • I sincerely hope this venture dies on it's fucking arse.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I don't think Britain is big and sloshy with dumb angry wealth enough to keep a fringe channel alive like you can in the States, but I've been wrong before.
  • I suspect it is going to need a lot of money thrown at it from sources outside of advertising.
    My understanding is that TV channels at the arse end of the TV guides have a really hard time of it even without appealing solely to a small but noisy minority.
  • Be careful guys. Sky News out here, granted that's murdoch and would be subsidised by overall foxtel suba, doesn't have the viewers, but has made hay with youtube clicks world wide. GB could be aiming for the same angle.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No subs going to GB News at least. In fact, it costs them money to be included in the Freeview spectrum.
  • GB News is ultra-low budget. Just a single room with some sofas in. No reporters, no news desk. Just some twats on a sofa spewing out their reckons direct to camera.

It's got cash to tide it over for a couple of years, and ads will help, but the money they're going for is a patreon-style direct funding thing from fans. Which they'll only generate from being noticed. So you can expect them to be as noisy and controversial as they can possibly get away with to get the right-wing reactionaries behind it. The more progressives react to it, share it, amplify it, the more chance it's got of working. 

Ignore it and it will go away. Hopefully.
  • Yeah, just pre-emptively block them on your socials.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!