Current Affairs
  • Real talk I really want to go to Israel one day and get a proper look at the maniacs IRL.
  • I read that Montefiore book on Jerusalem and I am still confused as to who might be right on the issue. From what I gather it should be given back to the descendents of the Canaanites.
  • ...or maybe the first migrants outta Africa.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I lived in Tel Aviv for 6 months. They are lunatics, yes.
  • Rangers fans, to no one's surprise, once again being absolute fannies and continuing a long line of fans being the fucking worst during this pandemic. Get fucked.

Rangers crowds march on Glasgow city centre after title win
  • There's the good and bad of Glasgow on display in the last 24hrs. Genuinely inspiring peaceful community action followed by twats being twats.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Football is definitely a twats game, correct.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Khun Top agrees
  • The Police have been sent in to break up the Rangers fans now.
  • Hope everyone's had a lovely day, tbh, and gets home safe.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Covid cases in the South side through the roof but enjoy your thing lads.
  • The ‘fans’ banging on train windows shouting “knee deep in fenian blood” weren’t helping anybody have a lovely day.
  • The state of George Square.

E1dITD5WEAQZEaA.jpg
  • Absolute cuntery. Fucking clowns the lot of them.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Scotland was a nicer place with Rangers playing in lower leagues. Their fans kept their heads down and we were all better off as a result.
  • I don’t know how Glasgow could go about untangling its football teams and culture from the tribalism, aggro and utter shitery of its worst fans - on both sides, not just Rangers. But I really fucking wish it would.
  • Would be great if any team could win without turning George Square into a no-go warzone for the rest of the city. Pathetic behaviour.
  • It’s not just George Square though, is it? Or even just public spaces. You can’t use public transport when there’s been a game on, you’ll get threatened and abused by some cunt. When one of these arseholes lives in your close, your own home becomes a nightmare when a game is on the TV. The pals round for beers. The obscene level of drunkenness. The noise. The jumping and banging on the floor. The shouting and screaming. The falling down the stairs because they can’t handle the drink. The smashed windows. The blood. Oh god, the blood.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If it's any consolation, it's great news for us English folk that there's maybe, just maybe, one thing that you Scottish folk are very marginally worse at then us, at least at this point in time, and vs a sea of shite on the other direction.

So, uh, thank you. Thank you kindly.
  • Sounds like they're better than us at football loutery, another thing for us to be ashamed of.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sheeeet
  • I'll defend people's right to be there and celebrate but not the sectarianism and violence. Shameful but sadly predictable when you combine an early kick off with exuberance and lots of alcohol. The scrapping, that is.

As for the litter, it's cleaned up now already so let's calm it a bit there. Maybe the council could have, I dunno, forseen this and installed a few industrial bad boys for the day? I dunno. It just doesn't bother me that much. It's a natural consequence that happens at every single 'event'.

It's hard to do this with the lack of nuance and understanding seen here and elsewhere. Just straight to the outrage and sweeping generalisations that veer towards classism, imho. If your angle is "it's just football!" then I'll bow out, we're not going to agree on the simplest of levels so there's no point. If you're using it to label us all "hun vermin", "mutants" or "knuckle-daggers" which I have seen by friends and even elected members of Parliament, then wow. (by the by, I'm also extremely embarrassed for everyone by the whataboutery comparisons to demos/protests, just stfu, please)

So: hey, if you went out into town yesterday to celebrate 55, each to their own, but I hope you had a nice time, didn't cause trouble, and got home safe. It's been a long decade and if you wanted to celebrate then fair enough, I understand you on an emotional level. But, if this all happened in, say, Bellahouston? It probably would've went down better, I'll admit. The timing and (lack of) organisation left us with consequences that lay firmly on you if you were there. Yous all know the risk that's been run. But still, I understand it.
    If you were singing songs that set us back 100 years, engaged in violence towards others or the police, or intimidated general members of the public, then you're a stupid idiot and you should quite rightly have the book thrown at you, and be banned from Ibrox. That is, if you've ever actually set foot there.
    I'm ashamed, and I'll continue to call out that shite where and when I can, but I'd also ask for just the slightest bit of understanding towards us vast majority of good folks just celebrating our team.
  • Let's not worry about covid, let's just do whatever the fuck we want. Aye nae bother.

It's selfish and they can fuck off.
  • I know it’s probably hard to see from your end Gav, but the huge majority of people are not blaming you and yours. Almost everybody knows this stuff is about arseholes being arseholes, and the football or the particular team is just an excuse.

But it’s arseholes who wear their colours loud and proud, and think they represent you and yours. The same way a racist skinhead thug thinks he represents every right-thinking Englishman.

I see so many Rangers fans on the defensive today across social media, as if they’ve been personally blamed for last night. Don’t be defensive, be vocal in your anger towards the arseholes involved. The only people blaming all Rangers fans are the just-as-bad arseholes from the Celtic supporting side. Don’t give ’em the oxygen.
  • Aye, I agree 100% and I hope I don't come across as defensive up there. There's embarrassing takes all round. The more I speak the more I can look defensive so I'm away.

Cheers.
  • "their right to be there"

Honestly. Fuck me.

What right is that exactly? With all that's going on right now?

I haven't been home in 18 months. My dad has never met his grandson. We're so fucking close and these picks are doing that? I don't care if its a good bunch of lads celebrating their team. They're putting people at risk and fucking it up for the rest of us.
  • Frosty, there was zero spike in cases after the scenes in March. I understand your grievances. Trust me, I've been in the mire with it. But we're also at a time where restrictions and rules are ever changing depending on where you are and what govt you're under. We've got 22,000 at Wembley yesterday hugging and cheering, from Monday we can fly to Portugal from GLA, but at the same time I can have a pint in Rutherglen but not Toryglen as its too dangerous. I want it to make sense too.

But this is the type of whataboutery shit I'm wanting to avoid so I'll apologise and be on my way.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Join the Scottish and English leagues up and they'll never have anything to celebrate.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. I know that's an idiotic idea btw....imagine the chaos at certain fixtures.....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Frosty, there was zero spike in cases after the scenes in March. I understand your grievances. Trust me, I've been in the mire with it. But we're also at a time where restrictions and rules are ever changing depending on where you are and what govt you're under. We've got 22,000 at Wembley yesterday hugging and cheering, from Monday we can fly to Portugal from GLA, but at the same time I can have a pint in Rutherglen but not Toryglen as its too dangerous. I want it to make sense too.

But this is the type of whataboutery shit I'm wanting to avoid so I'll apologise and be on my way.

I'm just tired and seeing large groups of people breaking the restrictions makes me mad. I just want to be able to take a trip home with my son.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!