Current Affairs
  • A deep dive on Jordan Peterson, or by Jordan Peterson? Because I have a hard time believing anything created by that man should be described as excellent.
    I took it as the former, fwiw.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    https://youtu.be/hSNWkRw53Jo

Presumably this, and yeah, I think the former thankfully.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m only aware of Peterson’s misses, I didn’t know he’d ever hit anything.
  • Facewon wrote:
    The jordan peterson deep dive on some more news, even at an absolutely eyewatering 3 hours, really is rather excellent.

Don't look at the timestamp.
  • Don't think I need three hours for the tldr that he sucks
  • https://youtu.be/hSNWkRw53Jo

Presumably this, and yeah, I think the former thankfully.

This is it. It really is comprehensive.

And goes through why he takes so long to go through (hint, it's not because he has amazing complex ideas) when the answer is generally, whatever dickhead.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I watched a chat between Peterson and Stephen Fry and it was excrutiating.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Peterson is old news. Andrew Tate is the new philosopher in town.
  • *shudder*

That prick.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Never seen him. Peterson pops up on that shorts bit of my YouTube. Along with Joe Rogan
  • Wait a minute...

G!?
  • Mate of mine suggested Peterson is actually a Kevin McDonald character from Kids in the Hall and I now can't unsee/hear it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Peterson is pedestrian compared to Shapiro.
  • I'm aware of Peterson but not aware enough to know what his issue is or what people's issue is with him.

Is he a cunt?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • There's a short video you can watch to find out.

Don't look at the timestamp.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've found some of the things he says about male mental health to be useful. When he strays into equality, particularly re women one has to be careful and listen hard for stuff that might be sprinkled in amongst a reasonable message/opinion.

I have to agree with his resistance to legal enforcement of pronouns though (which was an issue in his native Canada at one time) - I suspect much of his reputation comes from that and his words on trans folk. Again one has to listen hard.
  • davyK wrote:
    I've found some of the things he says about male mental health to be useful. When he strays into equality, particularly re women one has to be careful and listen hard for stuff that might be sprinkled in amongst a reasonable message/opinion. I have to agree with his resistance to legal enforcement of pronouns though (which was an issue in his native Canada at one time) - I suspect much of his reputation comes from that and his words on trans folk. Again one has to listen hard.

When he strays into almost anything outside of his wheelhouse, and often things within it, he's a complete car crash and absolutely not worth listening to at all. His reputation comes from basically everything he's ever said. There's not any hard listening required. Pretty much when he got past "tidy your room" his usefulness expired.

The pronouns thing is covered in the video linked. You can go directly to that part here

I'm sure that people will be shocked to find out that everything Peterson was saying about it was complete bollocks.
  • Taking a picture with his arm around someone with a t-shirt saying “Islamophobe and proud”, I hear. Nice.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm aware of Peterson but not aware enough to know what his issue is or what people's issue is with him.

Is he a cunt?

He’s the stupid person’s smart person. He is a cunt yes. Pretty intelligent but makes lots of ridiculous statements. Claims to be rational and scientific but makes stuff up and lives off unverifiable assertions. One I saw recently was when asked if the Bible was true he said the Bible invented truth and so it was beyond truth. His reasoning being that it’s impact on Western culture and thought was so profound it can’t be analysed and interpreted with traditional notions of truth and falsehood.
    Which is some first year at university, late night essay, pseudo-profound shite that would get torn apart by the lecturer.

Skirts close to the alt-right. Think he’s gone increasingly radicalised and up his own anus over the years.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I've found some of the things he says about male mental health to be useful. When he strays into equality, particularly re women one has to be careful and listen hard for stuff that might be sprinkled in amongst a reasonable message/opinion.

I have to agree with his resistance to legal enforcement of pronouns though (which was an issue in his native Canada at one time) - I suspect much of his reputation comes from that and his words on trans folk. Again one has to listen hard.

Except it wasn't. There was never any threat of legal enforcement of anything. It was an invented threat, by him, so he could get on TV and start his grift.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I've found some of the things he says about male mental health to be useful. When he strays into equality, particularly re women one has to be careful and listen hard for stuff that might be sprinkled in amongst a reasonable message/opinion. I have to agree with his resistance to legal enforcement of pronouns though (which was an issue in his native Canada at one time) - I suspect much of his reputation comes from that and his words on trans folk. Again one has to listen hard.
    Except it wasn't. There was never any threat of legal enforcement of anything. It was an invented threat, by him, so he could get on TV and start his grift.

Ah OK then.  Bit of a cunt then.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Owami Davies being find safe and well is unexpectedly good news, given most shitshows that seem to be happening atm
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Owami Davies being find safe and well is unexpectedly good news, given most shitshows that seem to be happening atm

That is good news.  Presumably it helped when they started using photos of the right person...
  • tin_robot wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

That is good news.  Presumably it helped when they started using photos of the right person...

The met just won't help themselves will they?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • That is indeed good news.
  • That is indeed good news.
    Absolutely and very much needed.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

The met just won't help themselves will they?

I think it’s more they don’t give a fuck.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I wonder what the story behind her disappearance really is?

Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!