Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I really want to know what Danny Boyle was going to do with his Bond now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Have Dev Patel play him?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Just discovered that Netflix have adapted Samanta Schweblin’s novella Fever Dream and it’s coming out this month.  The book was fantastic; not really a horror, but there was something eerie and uncanny about it.  Obviously I recommend the book, but this being the film thread keep an eye out for the film if you like something a little different.
    Get schwifty.
  • Many Saints of Newark is weird. 
    Spoiler:
  • So No Time To Die did just over half of Spectre's opening weekend in the UK. Which is honestly better than i was expecting. The question is, does it now drop off rapidly like usual, or will the number keep up over the next few weeks with people deciding to wait out opening week for a less busy screen?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    That seems very impressive considering.
  • Did Spectre drop massively after opening because it was shit and word got out that it was shit? Nobody really knows.
  • Forget Bond, here's the really big film due out this year

ultimate directors cut, 40 mins extra footage apparently.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I'm interested to see what've they have added in. I think it was the last Rocky film I saw.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I've never watched a Rocky film and come away thinking "that could have done with another 40 minutes".
  • lol. 
    Same. But I guess there might be some acting in there that they cut out for the glitz and glamour
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • 40 minute Paulie on Sico hardcore sex scene.
  • Watched Free Guy at the weekend and it's very Ryan Reynolds and very Easter Eggy with regards to video games. I liked it for what it was and there was quite a few lol moments
  • Yeah I was about the same.
    Entertaining enough but nothing to get overly excited for.

I wouldn't have known the streamers were actual streamers if I didnt recognise Jack Septiceye but I bet those heavily into the streaming (the youth) would go nuts for their cameos.
  • It’s a film I would never have bothered with if I couldn’t stream it for free. Since it’s on Disney+ I might actually watch it. Maybe.

(Yes, I know Disney+ is a paid service. I’m paying for it anyway, I’m not paying extra for Free Guy.)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember Rocky IV in cinema feeling quite short.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I remember Rocky IV in cinema feeling quite short.

That's because it is, little over 90 mine if I remember correctly. It's also an awesome movie
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I've never watched a Rocky film and come away thinking "that could have done with another 40 minutes".
    Haha. I love the rocky films, but i wouldn't argue with that.
    i'm keen to see this extended one out of curiousity, though. rocky 4 is pure streamlined fight-montage-fight type film, whereas the earlier (and later) films have a lot more 'down time' between the action where the characters can breath a bit. i'm interested to see if there actually is a slightly different story in there, or if it's just a few dull scenes you can see why they cut and extra punching

also Rev, if you've not seen a rocky film since 4, you really should try 'Rocky Balboa', it's really good.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah Rocky 4 is almost just an outline of a film. The key bits and nothing else.
  • The fact that there is a sub plot about a robot butler doesn't suggest that had much else going on to me.
  • The Many Saints Of Newark is indeed a mess. I think the biggest problem is that it's obliged to throw all these characters into the mix, then has nowhere near the time that the TV show had to bring them to life and a lot of the run time is spent on things we already knew.

If you stripped away the stuff from the show and were left with just Dickie's story, it would be terrible anyway, it just wouldn't have been made. The take away seems to be that this slightly opaque figure from the show was just another messed up arsehole. This isn't a huge revelation.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    New Rise of the Footsoldier is out. Fucking love the state of those films.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The fact that there is a sub plot about a robot butler doesn't suggest that had much else going on to me.

I had to forward the robot bits. Plus the hi-tech 240p screens for the Russian tech.
  • Rocky IV won't survive the step up to another weight division. It's a two fight + montage film. Unless they add a hard boiled Sico voiceover I'll feign disinterest until I end up watching it anyway.
  • New Rise of the Footsoldier is out. Fucking love the state of those films.

Fucking get in, love those films.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watching now and it's as fucking stupid as expected. Timeline of the early 90s but all the key guys are 15 years older.

How do they solve this problem? Wigs.

Love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Big Vinny Jones bossing it. This is great.
  • Is this on a streamer or did ye yarr?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!