#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Prisoners of the Ghostland (Shudder). More unhinged Nic Cage in a sort of samurai/western/post apocalypse hybrid. It’s occasionally visually striking, but everything else is a complete mess.
    Get schwifty.
  • Did anyone see the new ending for Fight Club?

Instead of the bombs going off and the buildings collapsing, the chinese version of the film ends with a black screen and then this

fightclub.jpg

of course every wag on twitter has replied to the story with a poochy meme.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thus is fucking gold to me and if I was teaching media I would be feasting
  • That's glorious
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The phrase 'lunatic asylum' is a nice throwback.
  • Credit to Swirl for posting it earlier today in one of the other threads, too. Shame I can’t remember which one.
  • That's amazing

5cream is a really interesting film in that it’s clearly written smartly and with a huge amount of self awareness but inside all of that context it is some how more disappointing than the thing itself because its seems smart enough to be aware of all the pratfalls the fact it doesn’t do anything actually interesting makes the endeavour feel worse than the sum of its parts.
    Spoiler:

In some ways Ghostbusters Afterlife is a much braver film (I haven’t seen it) and I think that’s a little bit damning.

It was weird to realise that
    Spoiler:

3/6 stars (objective quality)
    2/6 stars (actual rating because they constantly ram home in your face the problems with the thing they are trying to do and the disappointment that they don’t make cleverer or more interesting choices)

I think you make some valid points. Well except for Ghostbusters Afterlife. That movie is all the worst things about modern Hollywood films crammed into one face fuck nostalgia fest of a nothing movie.

Scream at least is a solid movie on its own merit.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Did anyone see the new ending for Fight Club? Instead of the bombs going off and the buildings collapsing, the chinese version of the film ends with a black screen and then this fightclub.jpg of course every wag on twitter has replied to the story with a poochy meme.

I am Jack's censored denoument.
  • That's amazing

5cream is a really interesting film in that it’s clearly written smartly and with a huge amount of self awareness but inside all of that context it is some how more disappointing than the thing itself because its seems smart enough to be aware of all the pratfalls the fact it doesn’t do anything actually interesting makes the endeavour feel worse than the sum of its parts.
    Spoiler:

In some ways Ghostbusters Afterlife is a much braver film (I haven’t seen it) and I think that’s a little bit damning.

It was weird to realise that
    Spoiler:

3/6 stars (objective quality)
    2/6 stars (actual rating because they constantly ram home in your face the problems with the thing they are trying to do and the disappointment that they don’t make cleverer or more interesting choices)

I think you make some valid points. Well except for Ghostbusters Afterlife. That movie is all the worst things about modern Hollywood films crammed into one face fuck nostalgia fest of a nothing movie.

Scream at least is a solid movie on its own merit.

All I’m saying is if you took out
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've watched a couple of clips on YT of Dune. I saw it in the cinema and liked it but it's starting to grow in my estimations after watching them. I want to see it again.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    See it again. I saw it for a second time, this time in IMAX, at the weekend. It's gone from an 8 to a 9.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The realisation of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen is looking to be one of the truly great portrayals of evil in the cinema.

It gets a physical release 31st Jan.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just watched Don't Look Up. Was good but I think I was hoping for better with that cast, probably unfairly as they all turned in a good shift. Speaking of which I didn't recognize Cate Blanchette at all, forgot she was in it until the credits rolled. She's always great isn't she?
  • davyK wrote:
    The realisation of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen is looking to be one of the truly great portrayals of evil in the cinema.

I read an interview with Skarsgård where he pretty much said he just phoned it in. Seemed completely uninterested, saying the Baron was just a monster with no depth or interest - he just wore the makeup and played a pantomime villain.

Which makes how bloody well it came out even more interesting, I think.
  • Just watched Don't Look Up. Was good but I think I was hoping for better with that cast, probably unfairly as they all turned in a good shift. Speaking of which I didn't recognize Cate Blanchette at all, forgot she was in it until the credits rolled. She's always great isn't she?

Yes.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    I read an interview with Skarsgård where he pretty much said he just phoned it in. Seemed completely uninterested, saying the Baron was just a monster with no depth or interest - he just wore the makeup and played a pantomime villain. Which makes how bloody well it came out even more interesting, I think.

Not half! The Baron doesn't even feature all that much in the book but his presence is felt throughout. I suppose that isn't as much the case in the film but the scenes have a chilling feel to them.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Really dreadful film. Not sure what they were thinking with this one - why is it almost two and a half hours long?! Were they under the misapprehension they were making The Dark Knight? Badly written, over-long mess.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Is anyone excited for the ten year anniversary of Total Recall?! (The new one)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Watched that last year. Pointless but passed an hour or two. Beckinsale was smoking and deserved a better death scene but I remember little else.
  • A very forgettable movie that one.
    Unlike the Arnold version which I will never stop quoting from.
  • (By the way - this was more of a how the fuck is the new one ten years old post)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I bet that you look good on the dance floor is 15 years old! We're ancient.
  • Anyone able to answer my Q in the dark media thread? I'm sure someone mentioned it in here but a while ago. Hoping to watch something with a lass but don't have the means.
  • Brewster's Millions would've been a very short film in this NFT age.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Picked up BluRay of Dune today. Might give it a rewatch tonight if I get peace.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    For the lawyers: This was a bit. Ethan Coen had nothing to do with it.

It is very amusing, though.
  • Heh.  That was a fun read!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Rev wrote:
    The Gentlemen It's not Snatch by a country mile, but there's enough southern charm from Matthew McConaughey and a decent but not too outlandish plot that makes it move along at a decent pace and hit some surprising story directions. It doesn't try to go down too much of a 'huge twist (tm)' at the end either. Hugh Grant is nothing short of fantastic and it's worth watching the five ten minutes just to see him on action. Liked it a lot.
    I couldnt get beyond the first 20 minutes or so. I thought McConaughey and Grant were great but the dialogue was killing it for me. I found it very, unnatural.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • It's unnatural sure, Tarantino films are too though. Not comparing the two directors per se but The Gentleman was good Ritchie for me. The style worked for it imo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!