101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I was on a jury quite a few years ago. The defence barrister was superb. He was a real turn when cross examining.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I haven't been called up yet.
    Though I do have to go and give evidence in a crown court next year.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I did jury duty back in the mid 90's.  Over 2 weeks I had 3 cases with 3 different outcomes.  We let one off.  We didn't get to decide on one case as they plead guilty to a lesser charge half way through and we were dismissed.  Found one defendent guilty in the 3rd case but annoyingly they let the main defendent go mid way through the case even though the entire jury knew he was the mastermind behind it all.
  • Mine lasted a week and a half and the only case I was involved in was a surgeon leaving her car in a disabled bay half a mile away to avoid paying for the hospital car park. I still can't believe they had a stamp system that only entitled staff to free parking maybe ten times a month.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My jury service lasted a week and I did fuck all
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My jury service covered a rape case. But it was a soap opera. Turned out the accused was gay half way through the case. There was no forensic evidence despite immediate examinations. The ladies on the jury reckoned the charge was made to keep  the husband happy - the incident happened after an all day drinking binge of a crowd that ended up at a houseparty and the lady got into the accused's bed. There was at least one other person in the room while it supposedly happened.  We returned not guilty and when we saw the guy's response we knew we were right.
  • Double press home button, swipe up to close app that has crashed, reopen app to find out it was either never closed or is still crashing for some reason.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Folks saying their Wi-Fi is down, when they mean internet.
    Things can only get better.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Folks saying the internet is broken when they mean their WiFi
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Folks saying folks
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mannaboy wrote:

Always fun in tech support.

“Are you sure that you were connected to the internet when you saw this error?”

“Absolutely, look at my screenshot, the indicator is full!”
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Yep. Does the UK have periodic mass outages of telecoms services? One of the major Canadian companies Rogers is down nationwide, always amazed how the whole system can go down.
  • Extremely rarely if ever but we might get localised outages every now and again, still pretty rare.

From what I can gather phone and internet infrastructure is much easier on densely populated islands like GB.
  • misspelling a word multiple times in a row on my phone
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    True enough Liv, a big landmass like ours over here, sparsely populated isn’t comparable.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mannaboy wrote:
    Yep. Does the UK have periodic mass outages of telecoms services? One of the major Canadian companies Rogers is down nationwide, always amazed how the whole system can go down.

Single points of failure, innit?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    mannaboy wrote:
    Always fun in tech support. “Are you sure that you were connected to the internet when you saw this error?” “Absolutely, look at my screenshot, the indicator is full!”

There are so many links in the chain. It's a bloody pain in the arse.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The way that Blaze have changed the spines on their Evercade carts.

image-2022-07-09-102243112.png

Like, they create a uniform box style, and then number everything, and then change the spines. ARE YOU TRYING TO SET OFF MY OCD.

Still going to buy em, though. Will probably just twitch a lot when I look at them.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Still looking at flatware/cutlery online, webstaurantstore.com is a place I can easily loose hours, looking at all the cool stuff I will never ever have a use for, like an industrial potato peeler which is just a gigantic cylinder that you drop potatoes in.

Anyway, I've chosen about 6 different styles (no owls, sorry) and need B to help me choose, so I opened all of them in a separate tab and have the steak knife as active image so he can compare them that way. It's just that in some photos the knife is on the right side of the plate, on others it's on the left side and one even has the serrated part facing away from the plate. I feel like I can't trust this site anymore.

And since we're on this topic now anyway, when you order at a restaurant and they don't bring out all orders for the table at the same time. My mom has always liked working in the catering industry and has always been proud of being able to make sure the default guidelines were followed, so she would always point it out if we were out for dinner and they did it wrong in her opinion. 
    Not sure if it's an American thing and their weird ideas about the restaurant business or not.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My partner's son lives in Boston with his American wife and one thing she has noticed is how badly Americans eat with a knife and fork, in her sample, admittedly of one American family. So could be a thing as to why they don't care about cutlery placement.
  • I can second that, my mum's side of the family are American and their table manners are terrible
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They generally only use the fork, and would rather cut with the side of the fork instead of using a knife. A knife and fork, held like most would in Europe, is mostly only in fine dining restaurants.

My sister in law lived there for a year while in Uni and she said people were constantly baffled by her using a knife and fork "properly".
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's a tale that at least one US escaped WW2 POW got caught as a result of dining like that and being discovered. Could be tosh. Worth a google I reckon.

We have the knife in our right hand for historical self defence reasons. That could also be tosh and worth a google.

Self defence is also the reason for mirrors behind a bar.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sounds like urban legend stuff. Can't stand all this cutlery nonsense. The gf always gives out to me for holding my fork in my right hand and knife in my left. Fuck you, I'll hold them how I like.
  • I'd have thought knife in the right hand because it takes more strength/finesse than a fork and most people are right handed.
  • Knife left, fork right for me. I write left handed.

Sit wipe too, you mugs.
  • Thats not how you use a jobby knife mate.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Right, I've come to the conclusion that the NatWest biometric id check on its mobile app is literally the worst thing ever.  It fluctuates between too close / too far / bad image quality / please blink your eyes every 50ms and then says failed and this happens in a loop as a stare into the abyss for like three minutes before it finally lets me pay a tenner for some school bullshit that I really wish I'd just given cash for FML
  • I swap hands with cutlery. I don't really see why it makes a difference which hand you hold them with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!