101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • I worked with a guy called Barney years back.
    Nice lad, sports science degree. Could make any kind of workout programme for you but otherwise came across as lobotomized
  • You know which they’re voting if they are called Barney.
  • I've told my wife that if we do get a cat like she wants I get a say in the name.

She must prepare for Steve the cat
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Even better if its a female.

Long before i was born my grandparents had a cat called Queenie that turned out to be a tom.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You know which they’re voting if they are called Barney.

I rate Lord Pawmerston and Kitt the Elder.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    No humans are really called Barney.

It's not uncommon in N.Ireland.

The same friend has 2 cats - one is called Meg (though she gets Megatron as she is a bonkers Maine Coon), and the other  is called Mr. Pumblechook , a handsome short haired blue and is the most indifferent animal I've have encountered.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I’ve never had a fancy cat. Always just moggies and they’ve all been cheery enough.  I always think proper breeds come across as prim and proper and a bit aloof.  Proper blue bloods.
  • My favourite cat was called Locksley. He had no tail (or balance - used to fall off walls) and constant bowel problems. He only made it to 9ish but he was awesome.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My mother had a succession of great cats - just moggies that we got from someone going door to door with a litter of kittens.

Jessie was a big ginger tom and he had some Maine Coon in him looking back. Big fluffy tail and big square body. Was whip smart, followed you around like a dog outside, rapped the door to get in etc. He ate/swallowed a rat whole in front of me one morning while I was nursing a hangover in the garden - he just left the tail and back legs.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    My favourite cat was called Locksley. He had no tail (or balance - used to fall off walls) and constant bowel problems. He only made it to 9ish but he was awesome.
    Connery voice

• I was obsessed at the time. My other name suggestion was Nicodemus, for a deeper cut (with smaller stitches).
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Prince of Thieves and Terminator 2 were my big rentals that year. Batman Returns the year after.

I often meet a fluffy white cat in the road outside my local when I'm driving home at night, and she (I'm guessing) gives me a perfect ‘What, ya gonna run me over?’ look, before casually strolling to the side with ‘Nah, didn't think so’ poise.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Two children with chicken pox. Next week is going to be a joy.
  • Oooof! Hope they get through it soon mate. That's going to be shit for everyone.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Two children with chicken pox. Next week is going to be a joy.
    Oh god that's awful mate.

One of the twins had it but it was so mild, 7 or 8 small spots then four or five days later all cleared up. No illness, no nothing.

A week or two later my nephew caught it somewhere, he is 11 months old and it hit REALLY hard.
    He got taken to see the Dr who sent him straight to A&E.

Turns out he now has Sepsis in his hip joints.

He's going to be ok, they took him into surgery, cleaned out the hip joint and now he's in hospital on antibiotics via IV.

Poor little guy.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • ouch, that's horrible. :(
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Chickenpox is awful, I had it for the first time only a few months ago. Would not recommend.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I had it when I was around 20. Even my cock had blisters on it. And not for any other reason.
  • davyK wrote:
    I had it when I was around 20. Even my cock had blisters on it. And not for any other reason.
    that's fowl
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This place.

:)
  • When you have a Reply Guy

Sometimes I'll tweet things. On very select occasions, I'll tweet something that'll do numbers and my phone then melts because of all the notifications. Usually if something bangs, it's Rangers related. So, lo and behold, people hit follow on my account as they want some more. But, of course, these are football fans, these are rangers fans, and I'll be the first to admit that not everyone that follows me is the kind of person I want to follow back. Maybe they're too uberstaunch, or have Nic Sturgeon with demon eyes as a profile photo, or maybe their bio has NO TO VACCINES in it or something. I'm happy to let them follow me tbh, they'll most likely be gone after my nth tweet about OlliOlli World or hating the Queen or hating tories, or once the realisation my patters actually shite.

But every so often, someone will follow, and then....???? Take it upon them self?? To reply??? To almost everything you post?? With? The worst of patter?????

Ahh, its so cringe for me. I don't know what to do. Sometimes I'm like okay, hit a polite like, sometimes I'm feeling in a good mood so I'll reply. Depends. Now I've got a dude, who's on his fucking holidays, sending me a photo of a restaurant facade because it has the word Gav in it. Bro! I don't follow you back! I'm okay! Please! Leave me be! It's all good!

Tiny tiny tiny little thing but I'm too nice to block.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    My alt Twitter doing the Queen’s work, god bless wall.
    Things can only get better.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Jeez Gav you coulda just DMed rather than publicly outing me
  • I’ve got jury duty this week and for the first time in my life I’ve actually been selected for the jury and the case is actually going ahead.

On the one hand, I’m genuinely interested in being involved and I feel it’s a civic duty you should take on and do properly when your name comes up. Also, 10am start each day - so I get a bonus lie in.

On the other hand, what a pain. Three days minimum, could well go on longer. And because they’re still operating under Covid rules I don’t actually get to sit in court, I’ll be in a local cinema watching it remotely.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve never been called up for jury duty. I feel like I’m missing out.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah even I have been called for duty and I'm not even allowed to as not a citizen. So I feel both included in the jury club but also missing out.
  • poprock wrote:
    I’ve got jury duty this week and for the first time in my life I’ve actually been selected for the jury and the case is actually going ahead.

On the one hand, I’m genuinely interested in being involved and I feel it’s a civic duty you should take on and do properly when your name comes up. Also, 10am start each day - so I get a bonus lie in.

On the other hand, what a pain. Three days minimum, could well go on longer. And because they’re still operating under Covid rules I don’t actually get to sit in court, I’ll be in a local cinema watching it remotely.

Waiting to hear that you've snuck out of the screen and went next door to watch Top Gun.
  • Please buy popcorn and start eating it more enthusiastically at the more salacious parts of the trial.
  • Waiting to hear that you've snuck out of the screen and went next door to watch Top Gun.

This is an excellent idea.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!