101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Frosty wrote:
    The roads in Glasgow suck shit. Be good if they could bother their arses to fix the pot holes and maybe repaint a few lines and road markings so I can actually see where I'm supposed to go.
    Aye, our roads are a complete shitshow.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Glasgow council are still fucked from the equal pay bill.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Same with Brum. £1.1bn sorts a lot of roads. But I’m gonna take people being paid equally for the job they do over someone worrying about a bump or two in the road.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brum issue with equal pay isn't the only woe. They pissed away humongous money on an IT system that still doesn't work. They're the talk of the public sector IT community.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow wrote:
    You can set Tidal as an Alexa skill, or whatever they're called, and it'll automatically use your Tidal account for playing music. I don't think it has any bearing on number of devices or anything like that. It's tied to your account.

Just got round to trying this.  Not in the UK, unfortunately.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Really? All you're doing is setting Alexa to use Tidal as the go-to music provider in the settings (the same way you can choose Spotify or whatever over the default Amazon music). I can't see how that could possible be excluded in the UK.
  • Spotify is an option, along with a couple of others.  Couldn't see Tidal - only had a quick look though.  I Googled and found people moaning about it on Reddit from late 2023, so it does seem to be a thing.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maybe I'm misremembering. I haven't had Tidal for ages and I haven't used Alexa since I don't know when but I thought it worked for me. Maybe not. I just tried to connect via Qobuz, which I'm using at the moment, and that doesn't show up either. Maybe Alexa is just shit, like Amazon in general.
  • I never managed to get tidal to play with Alexa.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    At a stretch I guess you can just use the thing as a bluetooth speaker and tell your phone what to play rather than Alexa.
  • Oh right can you? That'd do. My portable boothtooth speaker is shite.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, when I'm driving I just tell my phone what to play and it connects to the bluetooth and does it no problem. The Echo speakers work the same, you just have to tell Alexa to go into bluetooth mode or pairing mode the first time and pair your phone.
  • Got robbed in a pub quiz. One of the questions was ‘from which city did the Titanic first set sail’. Literally exactly those words, so the answer is clearly Belfast, where it was built. Quizmaster had other ideas and only awarded marks for Southampton.

We were tied for first place at the end but lost the tie breaker, but it shouldn’t have got that far.
  • I remember getting fucked over by a "what is the lowest scoring colour in snooker?" to which the answer is clearly yellow as reds are not colours. Quiz bellend obviously had other ideas.
  • The white doesn't get you any points!
  • It got me loads of points last time we played.
  • "The good times sound like this". 

*Plays some innocuous, boring shite from the 80's*
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!