101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • 39. Being called 'fam' by a student in a lesson today. Fuck off grotbags.
    40. Talking to an absolute twat at a party and they're the fucker looking over my shoulder to see if there's someone more important/less boring to speak to. When I'm only speaking to the complete twat because the host asked me to, as they've stood on their own for 10 minutes. When someone tells you that career-wise they're a 'digestive tract technician' and then has the nerve to...oh why am I getting so wound up?
    41. When someone from the bank calls me and then asks me to confirm my details. I didn't want the bloody phone-call and now you're asking me to prove who I am. Who are you with your pleasant Geordie tone and inane platitudes about how my day's been. Fuck off and peddle your home insurance deals to someone else. 
    42. People that park in disabled parking spaces but aren't disabled in any way. 
    43. People who've eaten themselves into a situation where they can use disabled parking spaces. 

Angry day today.
  • 52a) People that moan about other people moaning in a thread about moaning about things that don't really matter.
  • Tempy wrote:
    The one that does me the most is bread rolls/cobs/barms/baps whatever - THEY'RE ALL FINE

those are all different things!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    No paree would be weird. You say Neece though, don't you, not Nice?

My point is that sometimes people pronounce things a certain way because they don't know better.
    Its down to what is in common usage. It is common for Paris to be pronounced Paris, Nice as Neece,Chile as Chilly.How would saying Paree be weird if that were the norm? How is that any different to Chilly being the norm instead of Chilay?
    I dont speak a word of French. I have no idea of the correct pronunciation of Neeece. But I do know how everyone around me says it. And thats not Nice thats Neeeece. Ditto Chilleh. Im speaking English, its not my job to know how a word is pronounced in its native country.

You try to enlighten people...
  • I'm too drunk to approach this coherently. I'm just going to suppose you've all covered everything pertinent.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Kiss Chase was like dobby, but a bit rapey.
    In retrospect it seems absurd that we stopped playing kiss chase just before the age where kissing girls became something we wanted to do.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    41. When someone from the bank calls me and then asks me to confirm my details. I didn't want the bloody phone-call and now you're asking me to prove who I am. Who are you with your pleasant Geordie tone and inane platitudes about how my day's been. Fuck off and peddle your home insurance deals to someone else.
    It reached a stalemate once when I asked them to confirm their details first. I mean, how do I know they're from the bank?
  • Tempy wrote:
    It/tig/tag/dob/dobby whatever - they're all valid. In fact, there, that can be another thing that's annoying, when something is able to be described by multiple words but people insist one is right. The one that does me the most is bread rolls/cobs/barms/baps whatever - THEY'RE ALL FINE
    It was just a joke mate. Regional variations innit.
  • I've always said 'zee' instead of 'zed' despite being otherwise aggressively British and never once having put my carcass on US soil. I dare say this would fucking infuriate somebody.
  • monkey wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    It/tig/tag/dob/dobby whatever - they're all valid. In fact, there, that can be another thing that's annoying, when something is able to be described by multiple words but people insist one is right. The one that does me the most is bread rolls/cobs/barms/baps whatever - THEY'RE ALL FINE
    It was just a joke mate. Regional variations innit.

BUT BUT BUT
  • Just stubbed toe on guitar case en route to khazi, definitely not happy about that
  • Brooks wrote:
    I've always said 'zee' instead of 'zed' despite being otherwise aggressively British and never once having put my carcass on US soil. I dare say this would fucking infuriate somebody.
    I do this sometimes. It's inexplicable and I'm furious with myself when I do it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some older people in NI say ah-zed instead of just zed. It's rather endearing.

Packaging that is poorly designed and so falls apart on opening; thus failing at one of its primary objectives - too keep the contents in one place and in good condition.

The non-standards that car manufacturers seem to enjoy employing. How many different ways can you design a car headlight bulb holder?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I, furious.
    Stealth spelling correction means you stupid.
  • Engrish is consistently hilarious but also kind of annoying insofar as it's a demonstration of language being deployed as the shallowest kind of marketing device. It would cost fuck all to get your shit together, Asia.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @monkey

That is total bullshit. You need to make yourself accountable for your own typos by admitting your error in an edit note. Especially if someone has gone to the effort of taking the piss out of said error.
  • Zee makes a lot more sense.
  • Haitch (ie not aitch for 'h') really massively annoys the wife.
  • @monkey

That is total bullshit. You need to make yourself accountable for your own typos by admitting your error in an edit note. Especially if someone has gone to the effort of taking the piss out of said error.
    If I edit my post again, then this quoted post will look stoopid. There's no way out now. We're too far down the rabbit hole.
  • I make a point of saying Zed even for so-called clear cut cases like Jay Zed. Yeah I'm something of a bell-end, in fairness.
  • As a kid Zed annoyed me. Even before I knew yanks called it zee I wanted to call it zee. It fits with all the other letters (it's not Bed or Ded or Ged ) and it rhymes better.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    42. People that park in disabled parking spaces but aren't disabled in any way. 
    Morally disabled shits.
    monkey wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    I've always said 'zee' instead of 'zed' despite being otherwise aggressively British and never once having put my carcass on US soil. I dare say this would fucking infuriate somebody.
    I do this sometimes. It's inexplicable and I'm furious with myself when I do it.

I bounce between the two. I'm barely aware of it. /shameful
  • Just looked at that cryptic crossword thread and remembered that cryptic crosswords get on my tits.
  • Have I Got News For You audience members who groan at top drawer puns.
  • Bad shopping trolley etiquette. Don't stop suddenly and don't leave your massive trolley in the middle of the aisle at a slight angle so that I have to reach over and move your trolley.

And remain at least a little bit aware when you're trying to decide what you want. If someone approaches the shelf, move out the way a bit.

And don't use the trolley to stop other people seeing what's in the woops section.
  • JonB wrote:
    Stopharage wrote:
    It reached a stalemate once when I asked them to confirm their details first. I mean, how do I know they're from the bank?

Done this before too. Wasn't so much a stalemate as a conversation loop which I gave up on.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What's a 'woop' section?
  • Cheap ie reduced section at asda

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!