• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Miriam Margoyles on this week's Off menu podcast.
    Absolutely outrageous!

What a treasure.
  • I've been having a truly shite year and the events at the start of this week really were a kick in the sack.

However, I've decided to start fighting back with positivity, because you know what, I have so much that's bloody good in my life.

- We'll have our house on sale early November and it looks like it may be valued at 10k more than I expected.
     - I just got a pay rise, taking me above a threshold I never EVER believed I'd reach.
     - Despite all the grief and trouble this year, I'm still absolutely completely utterly in love with my girlfriend of near-26-years.
     - I changed my job availability status on LinkedIn this weekend and since have received recommendations from several colleagues, but on top of that, an old contact from Sony who now works at Google and is offering to refer me for a role there (!!!!!!!)
     - My ADHD thing is still a work in progress, but is bringing real change to my life.

I fully believe the majority of my troubles are temporary, and once behind me my life is going to be very good indeed.

x
  • Great stuff mate! Stay positive. :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Churchill once said , "When you are going through hell, just keep on going".
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Miriam Margoyles on this week's Off menu podcast. Absolutely outrageous! What a treasure.

She's a good 'un. Her charitable blowjob story on Norton was epic. Stanley Tucci who was there said to Graeme that he'd love to be on one of his shows that's fit for broadcast.
  • Keep up the good work Kris.

I'm just glad the coffee trailer I pass on my walk has removed "Drive threw" from their sandwich board!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I would have found it hard not to kick that board.
  • My missus' business got a wee boost recently when, after doing a card for someone, noticed they were one of the higher ups at Drygate Brewery, a pretty popular craft brewery/destination in Glasgow owned by Tennents. Their stuff is in all the big supermarkets. She reached out and asked the guy if they wanted to collab on a label and do something for Halloween, since a lot of Shona's original designs are spooky-related.

They agreed, and today the beer launched. She's over the moon.

It's a limited release pumpkin spice latte stout at 9% (woof) and you can buy it here.

Buzzing for her.
  • That’s awesome mate! :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    My missus' business got a wee boost recently when, after doing a card for someone, noticed they were one of the higher ups at Drygate Brewery, a pretty popular craft brewery/destination in Glasgow owned by Tennents. Their stuff is in all the big supermarkets. She reached out and asked the guy if they wanted to collab on a label and do something for Halloween, since a lot of Shona's original designs are spooky-related. They agreed, and today the beer launched. She's over the moon. It's a limited release pumpkin spice latte stout at 9% (woof) and you can buy it here. Buzzing for her.

That's a great name and label. Top work, Shona!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Very cool!
  • Yeah it's amazing. A lot of her business stuff goes in one ear and out the other so when she said she emailed, I didn't think too much of it. But they've been pretty sound. You don't ask, you don't get!

No percentage of sales but I think we're getting a case and some extra freebies for ya boy (stout isn't my bag, lol) and some vouchers for their restaurant, which is nice! They've also linked to her insta and etsy which is cool.

So go buy it, or even find their socials and like/comment on it, it all helps.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Looks splendid. Big thumbs up.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's class, gav. Awesome!
  • Great stuff! That's awesome :)

On a slightly different note, I'm really happy because I've just heard the new STEPS song and it's perfectly cheesy and camp and fun to dance to in my kitchen!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We are going to see sharks tomorrow and I think sharks are the best animals on the planet
  • I'm am Orangutan man, or Koalas second.
  • I left dogs out because I figured folks would just assume.
  • Can I agree with both of you?  I think I can but, if pushed, I’d go sharks.  Or maybe regular house cats that you know really well.
  • Loads of animals are brilliant. And fishes.  Not so much a fan of the birds side of things though. An owl is always a hoot but other than that they don’t internet me in the same way.
  • Sun fish!

The least sunny looking fish you’ll ever see.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dolphins, it's always dolphins.
  • Don't they run down the women until they're tired then gang rape them? Maybe I'm thinking of somethingspecies else.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Don't kink shame dolphins.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Owls and Gorillas for me.

But animals are great. Who says we are alone in the universe, eh?  :)

I have an owl book and it never fails to make me smile when I open it.
  • It's a limited release pumpkin spice latte stout at 9% (woof) and you can buy it here.

That’s ace, congrats to Shona.

(They’re only partially owned by Tennents, btw. Williams Bros have the majority stake. And they are 100% good guys.)
  • Ah, my mistake.

Well theres their IG post taken down because someone reported it for hate speech because of the word bitch. They're in the process of wording a statement/new post, and have been really good keeping Shona in the loop and asking her opinion. Given the recent stuff in the brewery sector regarding working practices, MeToo, and not wanting to "do a Brewdog", they've to tread carefully.

Hate to be "omg it's PC GONE MAD these days!!" but jesus fuckin christ man. I guess some of their followers never watched Still Game.

Annoyed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!