Reasons to be cheerful
  • Hope Mrs moot is ok, in my recent experience trips to a&e are a precaution so hopefully they just send her home with some non-children medicine and she's fine and dandy in a day or so.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Was funny yesterday, I might just take the £20 now - she's been in A&E since this morning, after a 111 call in the early hours. 2023 is overdue fucking off.

• They've gone to town with the tests and given her a drip for hydration/pain relief. ECG clear. No infection. Signs point to coming home today apparently, just got rid of Tilly so I'm off down there shortly. She didn't enjoy explaining why she was taking Calpol to the doctor (spoiler: because it tastes nice).
  • A cheerful one: she's out, we're home.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Huzzah. Now claim she actually said £50 while sedated.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Next time she jokes about man flu, remind her of this.
  • Slip the doctor your £20 to tell her this was man flu.
  • I might let her off this one. She reckons the pain was more manageable when she was in labour, which I took as polite code to shutthefuckup.

I'm definitely still putting £20 in my EShop wallet though, there's a sale on.
  • How many indie fancies will that buy? Loads, that’s how many.
  • Jitsu Squad is 50% off for the first time ever, but it's only discounted on Switch. And the Switch port is a bit shit. It has had a performance patch though.

These are the decisions I live for.
  • Just watched the big fat quiz of the year and it seems I've been out of touch for 95% of the past year
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Orlando booked for August. I can't really afford it, but, fuck it.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Just been told I'm getting an award in work for Being Awesome to patients or something. Photo getting taken with some higher ups for some work newsletter thing. Hmph to that but nice to get some small recognition. Now to find a barber.
  • You the man Gav! :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    splendid.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Good stuff.  Post the pic obvs.
  • It'll be coming before payday meaning I'll likely need to hit up the local Turkish joint that'll butcher me. It'll be a laugh.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    x2 for that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I'm spending my whole day by the lake fishing. Just me. No other fucker around.

It's gorgeous
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Noticed a small imperfection in the pan of my new air fryer, basically a little lump about 3mm across. I figured this could eventually be the start of the non-stick coming off after continual washes, so sent a pic to Wayfair and they said they'd send out replacement parts, no need to send anything back.

Today, got an email saying they couldn't get the part, so are send a whole new air fryer, again no need to return the old one.

Result, and my sister will be getting a new air fryer, with the dodgy pan of course :-)
  • Day 3 and sticking with my resolutions. It’s not much, but it’s a win.

There’s still 3 bottles in the fridge though, and their presence is simultaneously irritating me (temptation) and making me feel guilty (Xmas present).
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Get them out the fridge for starters. Either pour them down the sink, stick them away in a cupboard for a rainy day, or give them away.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nice one Kris.

Honestly from my experience I would say keep them.

There is no running from alcohol in our society. Life is far, far easier when you learn to not want it.

There are a couple of techniques I used.

The first I'm a bit wary of suggesting as I know you've had some troubles but I'll outline it anyway.

1. Get a beer out, open it, pour it into a glass, smell it.
    Examine it. Look at the colour, the bubbles, hear the sound it makes when being poured.

However the whole time be in the mindset you were in when you decide to knock it on the head. Think of the headaches, sickness, anxiety, the shitty feelings.

Smell the ethanol over the other scents. It's not a nice smell, like a shit petrol station forecourt.

Spend some time over this. 30 minutes minimum, uninterrupted.

Rewire your brain to associate it with the negative experiences our brains are seemingly quick to forget.

At the end pour that one away.

2. Go to where you would previously buy alcohol. Pick up whatever else you want to get then head to the booze aisle and linger for a bit, just as long as you can manage. Then walk away.
    Do this multiple times lingering a bit longer each time to normalise not buying anything.

None of this is easy to begin with but it's infinitely easier than a lifetime of temptation.

There was a time I would drink until it was gone. Now I've got beers in my fridge for guests that have been there since November 2022 and I'm pretty sure are past their best before date. Don't even think about them. I've as much interest in them as I do the dog food in the opposite cupboard.
  • Thanks, both.

Liv, no offence but I’m going to avoid that advice like the plague hahaha. I’ve got ADHD and can’t take meds for it, so I’m really shite when it comes to impulses!

That said, I spent an hour with the missus in a bar on NYD and managed to avoid it.  The real test will be in a fortnight when I’m out at a work party with 150 people drinking and wondering what’s wrong with me.
  • Fair play.

What I'd say about the party is most people won't care, and I say that in the nicest way.
    Some might say something but fuck them it's not their life it's yours and you aren't stopping them doing what they want to do.

Generally though I'd say that you will be making a bigger thing of it your head now than it will inevitably be. I did the same.

Not drinking is cool now anyway, it's what all the youth are doing. Go hang with the youngsters and talk about Taylor Sheeran and what Marvels on at the Megaplex.
  • At least as guys people don't just assume we are pregnant.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    At least as guys people don't just assume we are pregnant.

Haha, I’d already got this lined up as my first joke when people ask me why I’m not drinking.  *pats belly*
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm too fat?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!