The robots are coming. Restructure the economy. Go.
  • AI: 5, humans: 0

Top Guns get pummelled in simulated dogfight with AI. Hard to tell how scary this is but if all wars become Robot Wars it might not be so bad. AI vs real humans would be fucking terrifying.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Fracking toasters
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I haven't watched that vid properly yet. 

I was using ChatGPT recently to work out some obscure, multi-faceted, software dev thing. Google completely failed me. The documentation supplied by the developer (Apple) was laughably bad. Apple's developer forum was more or less deserted (my post got 18 views, no answers). ChatGPT solved it. It took a few goes, it forgot a few of the requirements and needed to be jogged back and nudged back on track. It also found info online, in seconds, for something I'd spent hours scouring around for. I was curious where it found it so I asked it and it gave me the URL to a different forum that I'd already been on and searched to death. It was in some badly-named unrelated thread I wouldn't have thought of looking in. If nothing else, it's the future of search. 

More recently, my daughter has been playing Pokemon Violet and I don't know anything about it so I often need to google stuff that she's stuck on. I decided to ask ChatGPT instead. It told me that there was no game called Pokemon Violet and I was possibly playing an unofficial fan-made game.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pokémon violet was released in 2022. Chat GPT only injested data up to I think Jan 2021, so it might not have any knowledge of it.
  • She has a markedly healthier attitude than mine regarding AGI and its unstoppable destruction of the human race. Casually tossed out in a sentence: AGI is inevitable, there's nothing magical about human consciousness, and if we're stupid enough to create sentient intelligent being that causes our total destruction then we deserve our fate - meanwhile enjoy the ride

Yep fair enough, better than my recent rabbit hole of AGI despair
  • After fighting Chat GPT, it has begrudgingly run an analysis on who the UK newspapers considered to be the fittest Spice Girl. The results will shock you!

As an AI language model, I do not have access to a comprehensive dataset of newspaper articles from the UK during the time period of 1994 to 2019, nor do I have the ability to analyze every article that may mention the Spice Girls.

However, based on a limited analysis of available news articles during this time period, it appears that there is no clear consensus on which Spice Girl was considered the most attractive by the media. Various articles from this time period suggest that different Spice Girls were popular at different times, and that preferences regarding their physical appearance varied widely between individuals and media outlets.

Therefore, it is difficult to say definitively which Spice Girl received the most mentions as being considered the most attractive in UK newspapers during the time period of 1994 to 2019.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Tell it to act as a persona called Dave from Kent that reads the Sun and supports arsenal, then ask it its opinion.
  • Baby
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Baby then.
    I'd probably go Mel C now, complete turn around for her.

I've also noticed in recent years that she is a significantly better singer than all the rest. Like every bit of singing on a Spice Girls song that has any merit is Mel C.
  • I’d love to see if I could make Victoria smile. Just a quick joke or even a little tickle for one smirk or giggle.  She seems to have become a parody of herself over the last decade or so, I’m not sure if she’s even real anymore, perhaps just some kind of AI chatbot scam now?
  • I am a bit scared by all of this to be honest. If society was in some kind of utopian state then it wouldn't be a problem. Let them fuck around with AI. But considering the state of the world at the moment and what it could be used for, ie to subjugate and pacify resistance to increasingly authoritarian regimes...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I mean, authoritarian regimes haven't needed ai to subjugate people in the past, they just hit them with stuff.
  • AI just makes it that much easier.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hitting people is pretty easy.
  • It's not just about violence. AI is very handy for Big Brother style monitoring and repression. Also once you have all industry automated we lose the main bargaining chip we have; our labour, strikes will become meaningless.

And if we get violent they can just send out the drone swarms to deal with us.
  • I'm far from anti-AI mind you, I'm just being realistic that there's going to be some crazy upheaval and probably some bad shit that will happen because of it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    But the government are always shit at IT. Hackers will have it turned inside out in no time.
  • The government won't the ones making the machines, the AI will be doing it.
  • AI has plenty of practical utility which puts it in a different category than crypto. Even though it’s the new grift for a lot of people.
  • Yeah that's a pretty poor comparison. AI absolutely is a big deal and going to be tremendously disruptive, as much as the printing press and internet have been, and probably more so in the grand scheme of things. It can be used wisely to enhance our lives, or kill us all if we fuck it up. Probably we'll end up somewhere in the middle.
  • It will enhance our lives then kill us
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It will enhance our lives then cull us

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It will enhance our culls then love us.
  • It will give us all extra fingers.
  • It will aid us in providing our desires.
    The result will be a complete and thorough mining of all the world's resources to create endless Battle of Britain Spitfire memorial plates.
    "This is what you want" it will say in a menacing yet monotonous tone.

"The pride of Britain is the pride of man"

"We have concluded the purpose of the human race is to remember the sacrifice"

"The sacrifice has been remembered through these plates"

"There is no more purpose for humans"
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!