Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep she's always seemed like a goodun. Labour don't look like they're shifting left any time soon, it's safe to say...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah "joke" was probably generous. Though obviously the Tory faithfuls gaffawed.

https://twitter.com/BillyVacant/status/1486453634862829570?t=O6MvGG4a7ykJ0Ya5lHPzQw&s=19
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Anyone got any idea when.this report will actually be published?
  • Dunno but it will suit the government to release it late tomorrow. Let the weekend take the edge off.
    Although I'm not convinced any amount of political gaming will make a huge difference.

What I would say is that the longer this goes on the more likely there is something in it that is of very serious interest to the Met.

What is mad is these Afghanistan dogs have filled the gap with yet another scandal.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Anyone got any idea when.this report will actually be published?

Boris knows.
  • Tell us then, Jeez.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Boris not b0r1s
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm b0red of this nonsense
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What is mad is these Afghanistan dogs have filled the gap with yet another scandal.

I wonder if there is so much shit he's been involved in that there are just endless things for people to throw out there.
  • Its not the craziest of notions.

Other news today. Truss and her half mil flight to Oz. Her leadership rivals are doing a good job of painting her as a big spender of public funds.

Prince Andrew appears to have gone nuclear. He wants a Jury trial for a start. Also wont confirm or deny several very obvious things. Some like being friends with Maxwell seem woefully desperate. Others like refusing to confirm or deny Epstein pleaded guilty in 2009 are just bizarre, thats a matter of public record for god sake.
  • Not enough information to confirm or deny if the photo of him next to Giuffre is real.
    What?
  • This is my favourite part:
    On the matter of a photograph of the prince with his arm around Ms Giuffre, with Maxwell in the background, his lawyers say they do not have enough information to admit or deny its existence
  • At first I thought maybe this is a weird legal tactic but it seems like lawyers think its mental as well.
  • The jury trial thing makes no sense. By which I mean, I have no idea why it’s a news story? His application to have the case thrown out was denied, so now he has to make a response, and that means a trial with a jury. Which is what always happens. Unless there’s a settlement agreed pre trial which results in Giufre withdrawing the suit. Next in big headlines: Andrew demands jury to be formed of twelve people!!!!!! Andrew demands witnesses to appear on his behalf!!!!!!!!! Wtf is going on with legal reporting
  • Andrew is so full of his own sense of entitlement he absolutely believes he'll get away with it because he's royalty.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Civil cases in the US can be tried before a judge or a jury.
  • Giuffre wanted a jury. They don’t have to but both parties have to agree. She wanted one. So he also said he wanted one so it wouldn’t look like he didn’t. Then reported as ‘Brave Prince demands jury.’
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    In these days of 24/7 media waiting for a Friday release is pretty pointless. If anything it makes for juicy Sunday reading.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rev wrote:
    Andrew is so full of his own sense of entitlement he absolutely believes he'll get away with it because he's a stupid deluded selfish cunt.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'll be happy to see his guilt made official, even if nothing happens to him. That's the main prize for republicans.
  • Looks like we won't get the full Sue Gray report until the Met has finished their investigations.
    They have essentially said if it is published in full they will have to scale back their work.

What that does mean though is there is almost certainly criminal behaviour that isnt already public knowledge.
  • Maybe, but the Met will eventually conclude their investigations lead to nothing, resulting in what would initially have been seen as damning being dismissed, leaving minor stuff in the report.
  • I dont think that will be a good outcome for the government either.
    The public want blood.

I see two outcomes from this long term. New leader and depending on who that is either a reduced majority at GE or a loss.
    Outcome two, Johnson stays on, GE loss.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It won't be in full but it can reference cases under police investigation. Those events will get a teaser trailer in the report :)
  • The whole dance between the Met and Downing St is hilarious.

First the Met say it’s not important enough to bother looking at. Now they say it’s too important for anyone to see.
  • It might be that Gray is trying to make it watertight so Johnson can’t later redact it to oblivion. Ie she’s solicited this advice from the Met.
    Removes the defence that it would interfere with an ongoing investigation if the Met have already ok’d it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This still seems a better outcome for the government than actual blood.

Prepare for disappointment, basically. Don't know why I keep getting my hopes up of any element of the establishment showing actual integrity when all evidence shows them defending their own. I'm reverting back to drop cynicism I'm afraid. Trust in the Met leadership damaged even further.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Gray is pretty sharp by all accounts so what @monkey says makes sense.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Prepare for disappointment, basically.

This, this, this.

The UK has allowed the Tories to lock themselves into Number 10. There isn’t a scandal that could get rid of them. They’re Teflon. A bit like when Trump boasted that he could shoot someone dead in the street and still remain President. 

Gray’s report and the Met’s investigation could damn the entire Cabinet and destroy public trust in them completely … but the Conservatives would still win the next General Election.

The best you can hope for is Johnson being ousted as leader. That’s it. The great British public aren’t going to vote Labour, or any other opposition, into power. Not for a very long time yet.
  • It also might be that the sensitive stuff is something worse. Eg the destruction of evidence that has been reported. And all the party stuff is there.
    Or something like a party in the flat, something where Sue Gray hasn’t been able to get to the bottom of it, because Johnson won’t tell her or is clearly lying. So it’s been handed over.

I don’t trust the Met. And their last minute swooping in to stick a few spanners in the works is deeply suspicious.

The more whitewashed the report is, the worse it looks for him.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!