The British Politics Thread
  • This bloke is a mess.
    uMb4I9i.jpeg
    4tCZWSq.jpeg
  • It's Angela Rayner who is the real villain though.
  • They could have used a better colour set. I can't identify who the different blues are and I'm sure that Truss is a yellow line that quickly falls off a cliff... Could just be my eyes though. But, y'know, the main point of Rishi = shitter is clear.
  • Wait, so that Menzies bloke was Sunak’s special envoy to … can you guess which country?
    Spoiler:
  • Volunteer role, all expenses paid no doubt.
    Even the ransom payments.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Menzies thing is fucking hilarious - simply because I imagine Rishi's face while getting briefed on it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • That thing about getting a dog drunk keeps making me think of this.
    cLTcr0s.jpeg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I for one am blown away by this story. It's a real rip-snorter.
  • No wrath like a campaigner scorned. Good on her.
    These people need to realise their party has been hijacked and transformed since 2016.
    You might not like the Tories, I dont either but this lot aren't so much conservatives as con-artists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68851004
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pop-con-artists you mean.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Three days left to get a free voter id card if you don't already have suitable photo id

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate

Spread the word...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking ridiculous. Clear Tory attempt to exclude non-Tory voters.

• Scary times indeed for all of us. Wonder how far this government will push us until we are rioting?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Exactly what Brexit was for.
  • An attack on the human rights of asylum seekers is an attack on all of our human rights. Just like the murdering of Palestinians is an attack on us all. Innocent men women and children being slaughtered. That could be us in the future as it sets a dangerous precedent.
  • Its political suicide. Sunak has hitched the bandwagon to a policy that simply wont work.

Likelihood is that there wont be more than 1-2% of people coming in on small boats actually sent to Rwanda, that's just this year's probable crossings, not counting the backlog. That is no deterrent to people who have already travelled through many risky situations even to get to the coast of France. Anyone lined up for deportation will just disappear, the Home Office cant even keep track of children.

Come the GE this will be a massive failure and the numbers will be there to prove it. They'll flail, they'll blame judges and lefty lawyers and probably put leaving the ECHR into their manifesto but the people are done with it. They don't like Rish!, they don't believe this government are capable of achieving anything whether they agree with the policy or not. 

Add this to the inevitable monthly scandals that seem to run like clockwork and a potential market crash when Hunt promises an unfunded tax cut. Labour attack lines over unpaid compensation for Post Office, Blood, Windrush, (there is a 4th Ive forgotten). The BoE base rate that at best will have dropped a quarter of a percent. Then whatever other disaster we dont know about.

They'll be polling sub 20%, maybe below Reform by autumn and wishing they'd gone for a May GE.
  • This is why Scotland needs independence from these bastards. Its the calculated cruelty and maliciousness that comes with every action. Welfare fraud is tiny compared to Corporate fraud. They want to bring in the SEZ and Freeports and carve up the UK to the highest bidder.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • The fact that only 7% of the total number of asylum seekers actually arrived on these shores in small boats shows this policy for what it is - pointless and pure political theatre.

I also really object to Sunak stating as a fact that the majority of voters agree with the policy and not being challenged in any meaningful way on that. No we don't, you cunt.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • "Will of the people" just seems to be something they say to fluff out a sentence these days, I don't think they even consider the meaning, its like business speak to them, of no more meaning than "moving forward".

Johnson said it so it must be good, he was good at that speaking stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lads the Rwanda policy is full of compassion don'tyaknow
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Amusing that Rishi blamed Labour members in the Lords for blocking it when there's a conservative majority in that house.
  • Don't think people truly understand the implications of a government shattering the balance of powers in this so called democracy. They won't stop here if they are allowed to succeed.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Warping reality by getting a lawyer to say a country is safe when it isn't is Orwellian
  • “Can’t we just change the legal definition of ‘safe’?”

Politics by loophole.
  • If he does withdraw from the ECHR then surely Labour can just reverse any of his bullshit?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • If they even get anywhere near succeeding in that aim, putting us on par with Hungary and Russia for fuck's sake, then I will take to the streets
  • Rev wrote:
    If he does withdraw from the ECHR then surely Labour can just reverse any of his bullshit?

This is going to be the big dividing line for the next 10-20 years.  The Woke left destroying our country, vs the Nasty Right, destroying our country.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Oh wait.  That's been the last 50 years already.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • If Sunak does that he better find a planet that supports life because if he takes away my kids rights then I'm going to get really angry on social media about it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!