Fantasy Football 2015/16 inc league codes
  • West Brom. I've got Lambert in my team, so hopefully he'll get a hat-trick. Faith.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Not bad considering I had no outstanding performers. Annoyingly had Mahrez on the bench.
  • I'm last! Woohoo!

Still have a player to play tonight though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm top...not too sure how that happened, but like Leicester, unlikely to remain top for long i'm sure.
  • That was definitely Silva's goal.... :)
  • Fuck, I thought I had Kompany in my squad but I must've swapped him out for someone cheaper to make way for more expensive midfielder/striker.
  • The Badger's League Table:

week1_zps0aauat9d.png

The Nazi Organisational Hierarchy League Table and Analysis:

1. Cunning Stunts (Gamermike) - 51pts

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg

Gamermike certainly was Der Führer this week, like Adolf himself he's the undisputed leader of the pack. Let's hope that unlike Hitler, GM doesn't end up a paranoid, delusional wreck missing a testicle and losing his mind whilst buried deep in the confines of his own Fantasy Football Führerbunker.

=2. Britten's Saintly Badger's (CiT) & Hilarious Name F.C. (me) - 38pts

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-13805,_Hermann_G%C3%B6ring.jpg

Fat, drug-addled, almost certainly a transvestite, Mike has done well to claim joint 2nd place this week. Like Mike, Hermann Goering was also relegated to second place within the Nazi hierarchy, as Reichsmarschall and Head of the Luftwaffe Hermann was a loyal servant of Hitler and profited greatly from the crimes of Nazi regime, as seen by his waistline. I'm also in second place, although I have little in common with Goering. Will Mike & I clear up our long-standing drug-addictions and become lucid enough to mount a spirited, but ultimately pointless defence of the crimes of Fascism at the Nuremberg showtrials? Only time will tell.

4. Jossy's Sky Ants (Workid) - 37pts

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1968-101-20A,_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg

Joseph Goebbels worked tirelessly as the Reich's Minister of Propoganda and by the end of the war had become one of Hitler's most trusted and ardent followers. Like Goebbels Workid has worked himself into a handy position in the league table, 4th place. He's nicely positioned should Gamermike be forced into committing suicide by imminent Russian capture and the encirclement of his bunker. Let's hope that unlike Goebbels, 'kid doesn't decide to commit suicide at the same time and ends up taking the lives of himself, his wife and his young children. Seriously, let's hope it doesn't come to that. It's only Fantasy Football after all.

=5. Will.i.an (The Daddy) & 11 Desperate Men (Dante?) - 36pts

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-B22744,_Atlantikwall,_Albert_Speer,_Xaver_Dorsch.jpg

Albert Speer, the 'good Nazi' - spared from the death sentence after the war, like Speer both TheDaddy & Dante have been spared from a FF death sentence and are placed well in 5th position. But did Speer really know so little about the Holocaust? And likewise, are Dadds and Dante not also aware of hideous, horrible crimes against humanity that they refuse to fully disclose or acknowledge? One listen to Dante's choices in the 'curated by' thread would certainly suggests so. Speer spent many years after the war lost in solitude at Spandau prison, serving his time for the crimes of his fellow co-conspirators. Eventually he came to accept he had been wrong, that the Nazi's genocidal ambitions were a crime against humanity. Will Dante admit the same about his selection of Phil Jagielka? Or Dadds about his inclusion of Wes Morgan?

7. Danchester United (DJR) - 35pts

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S72707,_Heinrich_Himmler.jpg

Ah, Himmler - that haircut, those beady, evil eyes, that genocide. Like Himmler the DJR made strong claims to eventual leadership but in the end was proved to be not quite the fascist/fantasy-football manager he thought he was. Himmler's cowardly role as one of the architects of the Holocaust and cold-hearted desk-bound murder of the innocents will always lead to him being reviled throughout history, likewise the DJR with his support of Manchester United will always be a questionable figure when the B'n'B history books are written (as they inevitably will be). Himmler ended up loathed even by his former colleagues, for attempting to bargain with the Allies behind Hitler's back and assuming leadership of the Nazi Party as Germany crumbled in April 1945. Again, parallels to DJR.

The rest:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-217-0465-32A,_Russland,_Soldaten_auf_dem_Marsch.jpg

Up your game.
  • My favourite thread. The real challenge though, much like your fantasy team, will be to keep up this strong start. To say I have my doubts would be an understatement.
  • My interest in FF usually fades around the time it looks likely I won't win the league (September at the latest). Likewise my enthusiasm for this thread and it's weekly update might go through peaks and troughs.
  • Great stuff.  I retract my call for a 10 point deduction from the prem guess thread!  btw, I'm "JT and Erin".
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I like that Phil Jagielka is considered a crime against humanity.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Great stuff.  I retract my call for a 10 point deduction from the prem guess thread!  btw, I'm "JT and Erin".

Cool.

I wasn't sure. I'm never sure on first names, I prefer to think of you all as 2D avatars.
  • 4th for Jossy's. Happy days.
  • Top work. Massive bantz. Stick it in!
  • week2_zpsh0ixfuhk.png   

Another week, another league table.

'Gamermike - Fantasy Football Colossus'

The B 'n' B League is hotting up nicely, Gamermike continues his stay at the top of the table with another excellent week of point scoring, he's setting the pace right now and the fellow Badger's are struggling to stay in touch. They say it's tough at the top but not for Gamermike, who confidently took it all in his stride and put together another fine week of point accumulation. Top work.

'LD - dark horse stays in the race.'

My own crafty use of the bench boost option has kept me competitive in second place. Some would say that the second week of the season is a bit too soon to be resorting to that, but wiser heads know better and my second place ranking would back up my own reasoning, proving me right in my own post, in my own thread. I'm positioned just where I want to be in the second week of the season, in second place, ready to make a dash for the lead. Who'd bet against me? I certainly wouldn't.

Elsewhere adkm made a better showing this week, racking up a decent 43 point haul to move him up into 8th place, RamSteelwood improved on a catastrophic first week with a tidy 42pts, moving him up the table, one of the early favourites, Cocko still hasn't got going and is presently languishing in 20th, come on Cocko, you're better than that. Kokkiri Rangers picked up a superb 53pts to rise rapidily up the table and TheDJR's Danchester United, yet again were merely a pale imitation of the side they used to be a couple of seasons ago (when they were unfortunately pipped for the title on the final day, by me).

Let see what it all means on the Ray Wilkins Hair-O-Graph...

Ray Wilkins Hair-O-graph:
    Ray+WILKINS+1978+Chelsea.png
    Gamermike - 103pts
    Ray+WILKINS+1980+Manchester.png
    LD - 90pts
    Ray+WILKINS+1985+Milan.png
    JimmytheLips - 88pts
    Ray+WILKINS+1987+Milan.png
    The Daddy & Workid - 82pts
    Ray+WILKINS+1990+Glasgow+Rangers.jpg
    Childintime - 77pts
    Ray+WILKINS+1996+Queen's+Park+Rangers.jpg
    Dante - 76pts

....and moving down the table, in 13th place:
    Ray-Wilkins-007.jpg
    TheDJR - 68pts

As we can see from the Hair-O-Graph: Gamermike - proud, confident, thick lustrous hair blowing in the breeze, a look of cocksure arrogance on his face. He's not gonna go bald. No way.

LD - Still thick up top, but some of that previous vast reservoir of confidence seems to be slowly ebbing away, there's fear in his eyes - could I? Could I lose this lovely thick, gorgeous mop that all the ladies adore? He's not so sure anymore.

JT - It begins. Suddenly largish quantities of hair are clogging up the plughole after a shower, you go to scratch an itchy scalp and another strand falls away ... but you've still got plenty up top, the sides may be fading but you're still Ray, you're still the fucking boss.

The Daddy & Workid - Long hair's out of fashion anyway. At least that's what you tell yourself. This new, shorter cut is merely following the trend, never let it be said that Ray Wilkins is a man who can't adapt, who can't change it up fashion-wise when the winds of fashion suddenly blow in a different sartorial direction.

CiT - Yeah, it looks bad but at least there's something on top. On the right day, with the right amount of wind (none) you could still pass for someone who's just gone for the buzzcut look. Deep down of course, you know it - the game is up. The long, painful descent into baldness has begun, and there's no stopping it now. "I look fucking dreadful already" you think, but maybe you'll be one of those guys who actually suits being a slaphead. Maybe. It worked for Bruce Willis.

It's the hope that kills you.

Dante - FFS. Not only have I lost my fucking hair, I'm losing my figure now as well. Where did this layer of fat come from? I'm a footballer FFS, I shouldn't have spare tires like this! This is the fucking end for me, I could take being a baldy but this? This is undignified, frankly. Where's the whisky?

......until, finally.

TheDJR - Fuck me. Look at the state of that. Why the fuck did this have to happen?

All mirrors in the house, smashed. The drinks cabinet, drained. All self-esteem, gone. Time to call Talksport, maybe I can still get that part-time punditry job when Stan Collymore's on holiday. This is my life is it? Fuck you, God.

Until next week:

original
  • Top quality Larry.

Dropped places, despite an improving week. Rooney has to score at some point right? Right?
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Another quality round up.

I hadn't checked the table actually so disappointed to find myself propping it up. Only by a point at least. First transfers of the season in, let's see if that makes a difference in week 3.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    My team is doing better than expected but might be time to make a change or two.
  • I got a mention from Larry yay (Kokiri Rangers). 

Better second week. Had to use my wildcard to pick an actual proper team. Rushed my selection just before deadline to make it for first game week. Hopefully I will continue to rise...
  • I've never thought of Wilkins as an attractive man but that second Milan pic (Raymond) he's suddenly turned into a boyband playboy / Hollywood bit of strumpet.

Look at that glint in his eye...

Then off to Rangers and the downwards slide.
  • You've used your wildcard already? I'm still gonna win this, it's early days.
  • I don't even know what these boost bonus things are.
  • WorKid wrote:
    I've never thought of Wilkins as an attractive man but that second Milan pic (Raymond) he's suddenly turned into a boyband playboy / Hollywood bit of strumpet. Look at that glint in his eye... Then off to Rangers and the downwards slide.

He'd hit the sweet-spot in terms of balding, that brief moment when going slightly bald adds a touch of weathered, mature ruggedness to a man's looks. The moment before the hair thins to such a degree that the slightest gust of wind leaves them pitifully exposed as shiny domed cue balls, and the ragged mess on top of the head begins failing miserably to cover the areas it should be.

Once you hit that, there's no escape, the shaved head is the only available option. Or it was in those days, frankly I think Ray has left it a bit late to convincingly pull off the hair transplant.
  • It's worth a shot Larry, you never know.
  • Might play my wildcard. I usually get it wrong first time round.
    GT: Knight640
  • i'm doing well considering i've built my team around chelsea's defence...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • TheDJR wrote:
    You've used your wildcard already? I'm still gonna win this, it's early days.

Yeah I did no research or anything when picking my team on that first Saturday. Turns out a lot off my players just weren't first choice anymore and also couple picked up injuries. So I pretty much had half a team going into game week 2. Team is much more balanced now and I have proper subs!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!