Blood Bowl 2
  • And the Yeti doesn't count. Fucking idiot.
  • oh ffs! My stick stuck and I picked a skull dice by accident!
  • Missed throws all over the place, both coaches think they're in Hollywood...

EDIT: Oh my days... a replay of this game would be worth watching. Madness happening here!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Well at least you got a level up each.
  • Mate.

Nuffle.

Amazing game, Swirly! So much violence. Can't believe those final turns, but that's Blood Bowl. Got an 11 with Kernow's level up so I've now got an agility 4 linesman wooo!

Serious scenes in that game. Had a bit of everything.
  • I do worry for the future of the two teams though... not sure how many Skaven are out of the next match...?
  • Anyone else up for a game later this week?

Note: I miss playing as Dark Elves. Agility 4 is so damn good in this. Having Block on almost every player is pretty amazing, but the combination of running and throwing plays available to the Elf teams is second to none, imo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I knew things were off to a bad start when I managed to mess up buying the inducements - didn't realise B was "see what my opponent has bought", not "cancel my last choice". Fffffuuuu...

Then I flubbed my first pass in my first turn. Ffffuuuu...

In the second half I Blitzed to make the ball carrier drop the ball, and then picked the wrong Norseman. Fffffuuuuu...

Penultimate turn. A lone Gutter Runner manages to pull off a ridiculous series of dodges and sprints to grab the ball from the middle of a Norse scrum. Yaaaaay!

Final turn. A lone Norseman must only slap the ball out of a weedy Ratman's hands to win his team the game. Instead, he trips on his own shoe laces. Gutter Runner saunters over the line and gets a wholly undeserved draw.

I love this game. :D

As for casualties, that game was off the charts. I was running a ten man (rat) team anyway! Ah well, I'm used to desperately trying to keep Skaven alive... just not this early in a league.

That game can be summarised as the Skaven getting punched in the face while slapping the ball from Norse hands. Should've been 5-0 to the Norse, but Nuffle is fickle...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Despite the draw at the death, it was the most fun I've had in some time. 

Not sure about 5-0... I did feel comfortable at 1-0 though and felt I could push for the second whenever I needed to. Then I made a few weak boxes and you managed a few nice drives to open me up. Then we both had loads of awful/ridiculous rolls and they just about favoured you at the death. I only made one really stupid fuck up, where I accidentally picked the wrong dice and Roujin the Moonlight went down when he shouldn't have for a turnover.

The interception was amazing. They nearly never come off.

We should definitely try and get the league rolling now. The UI is so fucking bad but the core of the game is amazing.
  • Can you save the highlights or even the full match and upload to YouTube?
    This is doable... not sure I have the patience to do it, but it auto saves the matches.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Was very entertaining. Need to get the rest of the gang playing.

Webbo, Cosby, Gaz?
  • Roujin the Moonlight is my favourite. <3

Standard.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Not sure about 5-0...

I'm exaggerating, but it really did feel like your victory that I denied with some last minute dice voodoo with one extremely lucky Gutter Runner. Given that I couldn't even manage snap passes, pulling off a series of dodges, a ball pick up, and two GFIs for a touchdown should have been a pipe dream.
    I only made one really stupid fuck up, where I accidentally picked the wrong dice and Roujin the Moonlight went down when he shouldn't have for a turnover. The interception was amazing.

I did wonder about that, when you picked the skull, I just wondered if it was some pro l33t strat that I wasn't familiar with.

The interception literally had me put down my pad and put my head in my hands. Pretty much a guaranteed touchdown, but that's Blood Bowl - there's a reason in New Zealand me and my mates called it "The Game That Makes You Hate Dice". ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What skill up did you do Swirlo?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    No one got enough SPP to level up, if that's what you mean.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh, I had a nosey at the post match screen and I could have sworn you had a player with 7.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I'm around on Thursday evening if anyone's up for a game?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I can't do Thursday unfortunately. Anyone else?
  • I'll play you, Cosby.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Not sure about 5-0...
    I'm exaggerating, but it really did feel like your victory that I denied with some last minute dice voodoo with one extremely lucky Gutter Runner. Given that I couldn't even manage snap passes, pulling off a series of dodges, a ball pick up, and two GFIs for a touchdown should have been a pipe dream.
    I only made one really stupid fuck up, where I accidentally picked the wrong dice and Roujin the Moonlight went down when he shouldn't have for a turnover. The interception was amazing.
    I did wonder about that, when you picked the skull, I just wondered if it was some pro l33t strat that I wasn't familiar with. The interception literally had me put down my pad and put my head in my hands. Pretty much a guaranteed touchdown, but that's Blood Bowl - there's a reason in New Zealand me and my mates called it "The Game That Makes You Hate Dice". ;)

Felt like Nuffle turned and turned hard. Early game he was screwing you (on the blocks in particular), then late game decided he was quite fond of rats actually and screwed me.

I still miss my Dark Elves. Might give them another run out in the main ladder soon. :(
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Oh, I had a nosey at the post match screen and I could have sworn you had a player with 7.

Huh. I'll have another look.
    Cosby wrote:
    I'm around on Thursday evening if anyone's up for a game?

If Tiger drops out I'm up for a game, in theory. Monday nights are best for me if people want a match.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Felt like Nuffle turned and turned hard. Early game he was screwing you (on the blocks in particular), then late game decided he was quite fond of rats actually and screwed me.

I still miss my Dark Elves. Might give them another run out in the main ladder soon. :(

Nuffle and Tzeentch: actually the same god? Discuss.

I think you did really well with the Norse, they play like a Human/Dwarf/Orc hybrid. The low agility didn't mean much (especially when my only kick of the game gave you a touch-back), so with a fuller reserves bench they'd really be a force to be reckoned with.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I'll play you, Cosby.

Cool, sounds good. Let me know what time works for you.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    If Tiger drops out I'm up for a game, in theory. Monday nights are best for me if people want a match.

Backup noted. Otherwise, I can't do Monday next week unfortunately but Tuesday or Thursday are fine.
  • I'm eager for a fair few games over the next fortnight, actually. Half term next week and I'm all about the Blood Bowl.

Swirly - Cheers. I've never played an all out THUMP team apart from a little run with Chaos when I first picked this up. I played Humans and Chaos Dwarves in the tabletop version and have mainlined Dark Elves on this game. 

The Norse are weird. Having almost every player with Block is brilliant, but their armour is so low that they can get injured really easily. Like you say, I think they're reliant on having a few subs ready to come in. Linesman are very cheap considering they have block (50k).

Note - We should all have second teams once the league gets a bit of momentum... I'm sure someone will need to start a new team at some point given how punchy we're playing this.
  • Still on for tonight, @Cosby? 7pm?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh gloves are off.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Although your fighting talk leaves alot to be desired tbh.
  • I'm genuinely going to ruin him.

All of you.

Swirly has pissed me off. I don't not win at Blood Bowl.

What team has Cosbo got?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!