Nioh
  • Don't worry about build you can respec it later on when you get a certain item. Glad your getting into it.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I was a level or two off the Twilight missions but after doing the mission before I move to the next area, those twilight missions are stupidly high. Should I have done them?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I hardly did any twilight missions. There's enough content as it is without repeating what you've already done, even if it's harder. Some are certainly meant to be left till much later anyway.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, the ones showing now are in the 150-200 level range. In the mines now, getting irritated after swapping out for dual swords as they seem to be fast but weak as fuck.

Still haven't tried out the kusarigama so will change it up again. Thinking I've had a play around with most weapons now. Swords and tonfa seem fun.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I've ignored all twilight missions, done submission and main missions and all dojo missions.

Twilight missions are best in co-op. Not that I've tried it in co-op. But I may do now. If you can that is.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    All the Twilight missions are on a Daily(?) rotation anyways, so don't worry about 'missing out'. There always two to choose from: one low-ish level, and one aimed at NG+ players. As mentioned a few posts back, the Level Requirements are over-inflated to say the least.
  • On the last level I think. Demon King Revealed. Fecking hell.
    Spoiler:
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    And that's only to get the lift working. ;) I've never been a fan of boss gauntlets, and that mission takes the biscuit.

I'm happy to help out if it becomes a bit too much.
  • Cheers bud, had zero play time this week apart from 30mins yesterday on that mission. I like to try to take them on myself but this could be tough. Let me see how I do.
  • So smashed through 6 bosses (no help required) and I'm onto the final boss of the game now (I think).
    Spoiler:
  • It's not an especially tricky one that, once you get used to how it works.

And I suppose it's sort of the final boss. But then again it isn't.
  • Yeh just beat it, saw end credits.
    Spoiler:
  • I’m on the last stretch, have been for ages now. Need the 50gb free on my hard drive so I’m gonna try and finish this tomorrow.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm gonna go on the record and say: Nioh > Torii Gate > Yokai Realm with Companion is the best co-op matchmaking i've come across in any game of any genre. Regardless of what hour i'm playing, it will always find a game within 20-30 seconds. And that is no exaggeration! It's amazing.
  • Just completed this. Fantastic game. Only have 4 sub missions outstanding in last region. Plus 2 dojo missions. Rest all done. As Curtis has said fantasic co-op play and matchmaking.

Rarely do I buy dlc for this I may. I will probably continue to do random missions online to help folk out. It's great when you help someone with a boss and they send you a thanks message on psn. Don't think I'll play through on next difficulty, can't be bothered with that. Curtis, will send you a friends request on psn.
  • Season pass (all dlc content) £9.99 on PSN sale
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've said it before but i'll say it again: Nioh is utterly sublime, and overlooked/dismissed by a lot of players. Maybe its release was bad timing, i dunno.

It took very little convincing to spend this evening playing coop with Dubs, who just bought the game, and someone who will relish replaying those un-lockable boss gauntlet missions you are 'rewarded' with come end-game. lol.

Every time i play this game i feel the same way. And i honestly believe the combat system is unparalleled! And this is coming from a Souls fanatic. Maybe its the speed and fluidity of the low-stance (which i use & abuse) that appeals, but it always delivers satisfaction, even when you're being reckless. 

Also, i must've slept through E3 because until tonight i had no idea Nioh 2 was a thing.
  • Agree with your comments Curtis, ridiculously good combat system. i forgot to get the season pass for a tenner myself. When i do i will jump back on his.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    @Dinostar77  Season pass is £8.99 until 22/8, I think I need some tonfa as they were great fun in Ninja Gaiden 2.
  • Thanks Dubs. Have been waiting for a price drop.
  • Dubs wrote:
    @Dinostar77  Season pass is £8.99 until 22/8, I think I need some tonfa as they were great fun in Ninja Gaiden 2.

cheers I'll have a look
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Forgot that my copy is the US version, refund requested :(  
    I even bought extra psn credit the other day just in case the season pass went on sale, what a dope.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    @Dubs - I farmed that DLC NG+ Revenant spot for 10-15 mins but the gear was only 150 and not (+). Maybe its about specific drops as apposed to an upgrade...i forget. A few of the guys were naked except their weapon, so they're clearly trying to help your RNG (shame it was Spear, Spear, Spear).

I did get enough Amrita to level up 3-4 times, so it was time well spent. :)
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    There's always that Marobashi mission (Tokai region) which I used.  Drops gear up to 150(+7), good amrita and they're all human enemies so you can parry or tiger them to death.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I love that after all this time i can still get a random jolly coop session at 4am, within 60 seconds (it used to be 20-30 secs, but times change, and there are many other distractions out there). 

What i don't appreciate is these randoms sitting at SL300, who still don't know that if you throw a stone you will crumple any horned Yokai, and set him up for the back-stab/finisher, or that the annoying water slugs only need a simple firebomb.

Basics!
  • I have the dlc for this, hopefully one day I'll get to play the dlc again and online coop.

Re: the basics, yeh its surprising how people dont know stuff like that
  • I have all the dlc too, unfortunately I never made it past the first boss in the ship and gave up.
    Fucking piece of shit game!
  • Nioh 2 closed alpha trailer:

Looks potentially more interesting, but a lot of what it's showing seems to be boss encounters. If they can add a bit more variety to the levels themselves and cut down on the RPG stuff, I could be up for it again.
  • I still need to play the first one!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!