Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • I strongly suspect Gamepass and especially GP Ultimate subs will get exclusive cosmetics for the MP. They were making a big deal about that samurai type helmet, I can see that being a GP U gift.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    MP is f2p, campaign will be on GP.
    I wonder by the time it launches will xbox gold be gone and the only way to play online will be gamepads anyway. Feels we are heading that way.
    They’ve already taken f2p out from behind the Gold paywall. I think it’s more likely that at some point, Gold will disappear altogether and all online will be free, likely not before they’ve hit Xty million GP subs though.

That makes sense. It's really about getting as many people playing isn't it.

Just makes me think if your product is a Online Multiplayer game focused title, getting it onto Gamepass must be a good move (assuming the deal is decent) I'd never try a Multiplayer only title as a purchase but if its on GP I might be more inclined to give it a shot.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Absolutely. Plus, it’s great for building a player base. Bleeding Edge didn’t end up having much in the way of legs, but it would probably have been DoA if it weren’t for GP.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I strongly suspect Gamepass and especially GP Ultimate subs will get exclusive cosmetics for the MP. They were making a big deal about that samurai type helmet, I can see that being a GP U gift.
    Throwback to Halo 3 Hayabusa, I think.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    There’s going to be a deeper dive into MP here in about 6 hours:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-O7OuliQRY

There really wasn’t much to this in the end, it was less than 15 minutes long, presumably originally created for the main show but cut for whatever reason.

Don’t get your hopes up.
  • It has battlepasses and seasons.
    Was that already known?

Samurai is an event something majigger.
  • Training section is nice.
  • Happy to see bots, I'm quite partial to just filling up a game with bots and going on an easy run these days :D
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m happy that quitters won’t ruin the game, TBH.
  • They didn't mention backfilling did they?
  • Like, presumably ranked wouldn't have that, and it'd be an option in social/customs or something.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    They didn't mention backfilling did they?

They didn’t, but you’d have to assume it’s something that would be done in casual playlists at the very least.
  • In fact I expect they'll use bots in early ranked games, just maybe not tell you about it.
  • So the gameplay is definitely an attempt to go backwards from H5 movement. Which was actually pretty nicely implemented but also wasn’t really Halo and created a massive bar for entry. The problem is the main issue with the H5 movement mechanics was the separation of movement from combat and the negative effects of that for map design (it forces you to expand maps out - just compare midship in H2/H3 with H5’s version and that actually slows the game down in terms of increasing the time between spawning and combat) and sprint looks like it’s still in which means the fundamental issue is still there. Problem is there’s a bit of a tension between BTB and arena. Sprint is probably a good thing for BTB but is a bad thing for arena game modes. They should just speed up movement to give a sense of speed - higher FOV would help too.

In theory equipment implementation is a brilliant idea but it’ll very hard to get right.
    GT: Knight640
  • 2021 and Knight still banging on about sprint in Halo. ;)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sprint is the eternal Halo controversy. People will still be arguing about it thousands of years in the future long after Halo itself has been lost to the mists of time.
  • Does anyone actually like it in halo? I hate it, ruined halo mp for me all those years ago
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s great in campaign.
  • The personal AI stuff could be a masterstroke for additional sales.  

The basics looks good but I'm seeing a lot of open arenas.  Halo plays best in tight spaces for me.  Or maybe I play Halo best in tight spaces.  Either way I think small arenas are the game's strong suit when it comes to mp.  Hyped for the campaign, will defo check out the online stuff too.
  • I think the MP is looking slick, tbf. The Battle Rifle pew pew action always gets me going, what a weapon.
  • Yeah looks solid. FTP should ensure big numbers of players too which is good.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Seems like this has gone down well. Over a million views on YouTube, overwhelmingly positive like ratio, was trending number one globally on YouTube for a while.

There’s still a lot of love for Halo out there. I do hope 343 sticks the landing.
  • And then doesn't sprint away.
  • I'm already getting ads on YouTube for the MP. Should be a big launch.
  • All fingers and toes crossed, specially for a decent campaign. We are due one.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • MP looks great but i have so much love for Warzone now it's going to be weird for me to play Halo again. It's going to be so different to warzone for me, not battle royale, slower in movement and combat and time to kill. I hope i love it but i'm worried i've become CODified.

I'm sure i will enjoy the Campaign somewhat no matter how much it isn't as good as 3. I tend to enjoy anything in Halo universe there's just some magic about it.
  • For me Halo was never as good after H3. They just got the balance so good in that game. I never got on board with Sprint or lockouts or whatever they were called. 

This looks awesome though and I think it could be a return to the franchise. I recently got into modern ops and the simplicity of it makes it fun. Overloading with so many game mechanics can just create exploits. 

Do people still bunny hop with the flag? That was so shit.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • 4 and reach weren't as good as 3 for sure but MP in 5 was really really good despite sprint. The thruster movement thing is a good addition. But in my opinion there is no need for sprint in Halo, it doesn't add anything.
  • After watching the more in depth look at MP I'm now all the way in. Looks fucking awesome.
  • mk64 wrote:

Do people still bunny hop with the flag? That was so shit.

Been a while since I played 5, but iirc there's usually cool down. And I don't think they did such slow speed with flag.

So no, depending on settings.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!