Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • @knight, feel free to correct me on that. I just don't recall flag throwing being much of a thing in h5.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    mk64 wrote:

Do people still bunny hop with the flag? That was so shit.

Been a while since I played 5, but iirc there's usually cool down. And I don't think they did such slow speed with flag.

So no, depending on settings.

• Bunny hopping is great.
  • Not with the flag
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yes with the flag dropped flag stolen flag dropped flag stolen flag dropped flag captured.
  • Facewon wrote:
    @knight, feel free to correct me on that. I just don't recall flag throwing being much of a thing in h5.

You could still throw it but the announcer wasn’t obnoxious like in H3. Also you could still fight when holding it so there was sometimes less need to keep tossing it. But the quickest way of carrying it across the map definitely involved some form of juggling to best utilise sprint, slide and thrust. I can’t remember the specifics because H5 movement is so complicated. I actually can’t play the game now because COD Warzone has messed up by muscle memory too much. H1, 2, and 3 on MCC on the other hand are a joy to go back to.

Since we’re on the topic, they got H5 objective settings spot on for the most part. It’s a real testament to them that the game actually needed very little changing (maps, game type setup) for competitive play. Weapons and radar needed tweaking which eventually happened but objective settings were super.
    GT: Knight640
  • Nice graphics comparison on some details bewteen 2020 and 2021 trailers. They really have improved a fair bit.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I really didn’t mind the plasticky look on chief’s armour and the weapons before. I didn’t mind the idea of a slightly cartoony Halo.

Other parts needed work, but those were okay with me.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Same here, I quite like the way it looked last year.  Saying that, it does look a hell of a lot better now though.

Man, can't wait to get me some Halo action!
  • I would be open to a plastic look but I dont think the leant hard enough into it to pull it off.
  • That video is a bit bullshit he's mainly comparing the MP trailer footage with campaign footage from a year ago. I thought the old look was fine. It looks less like Halo now if anything. Still looks nice though.

I think the campaign is in trouble tbh.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The MP runs at up to 120FPS.

I’m not concerned about the campaign, it was almost done last year, it’s now just polishing.
  • I can’t wait as it’s going to be fucking awesome.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I can’t wait as it’s going to be fucking awesome.

• Yossarian wrote:

I’m not concerned about the campaign, it was almost done last year, it’s now just polishing.

Where'd you get that info? If it was done we would have seen at least some gameplay. Instead we got a really shitty Cortana scene. It ain't almost done. Or if it was done, it's getting re-done.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Craig told him.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Where'd you get that info? If it was done we would have seen at least some gameplay. Instead we got a really shitty Cortana scene. It ain't almost done. Or if it was done, it's getting re-done.

The game was due to be released last year, when Staten joined the team he said that he played through the entire campaign (twice I think), and for many Halo fans, the MP is far more important than the SP and the MP hadn’t been shown at all as yet, so the fact that they decided to focus on that this time around reflects that rather than necessarily saying anything about the SP.

From memory, all Halo games have had a showing of SP at one event then a showing of MP at another.
  • I thought it was back to the drawing board on the whole game. Hence why we didn't see any campaign this time round...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What? Where’d you get that from?

There’s a whole game there which has been given an extra year to be polished.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    At the end of this update from December is Staten’s first update after joining the team:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020

They’re bug fixing and polishing, not going back to the drawing board.
  • To be fair, I think the main issue with the first reveal was tye graphics and not the content (although I thought it looked a bit pedestrian myself)
    SFV - reddave360
  • I feel like what they are doing with the open world campaign stuff hasn't been communicated all that well, people seem unsure if they have just Ubisofted it or what.

I think it might end up becoming more clear on launch. A bit like how BotW wasn't quite clear at first, I remember a lot of trepidation before release on that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    To be fair, I think the main issue with the first reveal was tye graphics and not the content (although I thought it looked a bit pedestrian myself)

It looked like Halo to me, and decent Halo at that.

I think that, other than the graphics, the major issue with the last demo was that it didn’t show off what is apparently going to be the thing that sets the campaign apart from earlier Halos, the open world. That section that they showed could have been a chunk of any linear campaign level from any previous Halo, it would have been good if they’d leant a bit more into showing the possibilities that the new approach to campaign afford you.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've watched the mp trailer about 10 times. Think it looks absolutely awesome. Gonna be a fun winter.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    To be fair, I think the main issue with the first reveal was tye graphics and not the content (although I thought it looked a bit pedestrian myself)

It looked like Halo to me, and decent Halo at that.

I think that, other than the graphics, the major issue with the last demo was that it didn’t show off what is apparently going to be the thing that sets the campaign apart from earlier Halos, the open world. That section that they showed could have been a chunk of any linear campaign level from any previous Halo, it would have been good if they’d leant a bit more into showing the possibilities that the new approach to campaign afford you.

It looked decent halo alright, but I think for a sizzle trailer it needed something more. As you say, it could have been a chunk of any previous campaign. I'm looking forward to some more chief regardless.
    SFV - reddave360
  • It didn't look like it was from the campaigns in 4 or 5 so thats enough for me.
  • I hope the servers hold with a simultaneous launch on console and PC happening. I'm sure the halol og's will say differently but I really don't remember much server or matchmaking issues in the 3 days. Fingers crossed.
  • p2p innit.
  • Verecochas unswerving enthusiasm for everything used to rub me the wrong way in the beforetimes, but nowadays I must say it sends a warm glow to one's heart.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yossarian wrote:
    What? Where’d you get that from?

There’s a whole game there which has been given an extra year to be polished.

I don't believe it. Otherwise we would have seen some actual campaign gameplay. By all accounts the game was in/is in dev hell.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!