Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Nunez to 'pool for a cool hundo million seems on. Boy looks lethal. Need him in a longsleeve and headband to achieve prime Torres vibes.
  • He does remind me of Torres from the little I've seen. Pace, power and a wicked finish. Hopefully Klopp and the analysts have this one right as he isn't seen as the proven article just yet.

In other news, I've just been watching the start of Le Mans. There is an all women team called "Iron Dames" that race in a pink Ferrari. Cool!

...unfortunately they picked up a flat on the first lap.
  • Liverpool and City taking further strides away from the others then.
  • Well, Mané is on his way out this summer, with Salah set to follow next year. They will be very hard to replace. Minimano is also set to leave this year (vital in both cup runs for Liverpool) and Origi has already gone.

Lots of outgoings of experienced players to deal with for Liverpool. Mané and Salah in particular will be very hard to replace.

I don't see Diaz being Mané level just yet and Nunez is still raw, so not sure about taking strides away from the others. Liverpool will do well to keep pace with City.
  • Some onboard Toyota Hypercar action live from Le Mans.

• Once again, I am here, to ask

Scotland, what in the fuck are you doing
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Well, Mané is on his way out this summer, with Salah set to follow next year. They will be very hard to replace. Minimano is also set to leave this year (vital in both cup runs for Liverpool) and Origi has already gone.

Lots of outgoings of experienced players to deal with for Liverpool. Mané and Salah in particular will be very hard to replace.

I don't see Diaz being Mané level just yet and Nunez is still raw, so not sure about taking strides away from the others. Liverpool will do well to keep pace with City.

Yeah there’s lots of truth to this. We’ve got Salah for the year which is, I think, very important given the transition that’s happening in the forward line. Diaz is incredible but it’s not clear whether he can match the output of Mane in terms of goals from the left. Big question marks over Nunez for me and his signing indicates a slight shift in approach, he’ll be a more traditional 9 than Firmino was and more of a physical handful than Jota is. What we really need is a top class 8 to come in who’s got too class athleticism and also attacking ability. That’ll improve us. If Nunez can offer 3/4s of what Mane did from the middle this season I’ll be happy with that but will obviously leave us short in an attacking sense, hopefully Diaz can step up his goal scoring output.

City have got succession issues of their own though. De Bruyne is getting old and they’ve got to work out a way to make Haaland work. His inclusion is a much bigger shift in approach for City than Nunez’s is for us.
    GT: Knight640
  • Both new strikers will nail their landings perfectly and score for fun but I dunno if Haaland is gonna be robust enough for a full season.
  • I think Diaz could end up POTY next year. To do so well when moving in the middle of a season, and now he'll have a full pre season behind him. Can only get better.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think Bruno could end up POTY next year. To do so well when moving in the middle of a season, and now he'll have a full pre season behind him. Can only get better.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Haaland will be POTY next season. He's gonna make the PL look like school yard football.
  • Here, Bruno could be a shout too. Boys a player.

Don't wanna sound too farmers leaguey because I was in such hubris at Rangers scudding a few but Bundesliga CB's are a much different prospect to Prem ones for young Erling.
  • Knight wrote:
    drumbeg wrote:
    Well, Mané is on his way out this summer, with Salah set to follow next year. They will be very hard to replace. Minimano is also set to leave this year (vital in both cup runs for Liverpool) and Origi has already gone. Lots of outgoings of experienced players to deal with for Liverpool. Mané and Salah in particular will be very hard to replace. I don't see Diaz being Mané level just yet and Nunez is still raw, so not sure about taking strides away from the others. Liverpool will do well to keep pace with City.
    Yeah there’s lots of truth to this. We’ve got Salah for the year which is, I think, very important given the transition that’s happening in the forward line. Diaz is incredible but it’s not clear whether he can match the output of Mane in terms of goals from the left. Big question marks over Nunez for me and his signing indicates a slight shift in approach, he’ll be a more traditional 9 than Firmino was and more of a physical handful than Jota is. What we really need is a top class 8 to come in who’s got too class athleticism and also attacking ability. That’ll improve us. If Nunez can offer 3/4s of what Mane did from the middle this season I’ll be happy with that but will obviously leave us short in an attacking sense, hopefully Diaz can step up his goal scoring output. City have got succession issues of their own though. De Bruyne is getting old and they’ve got to work out a way to make Haaland work. His inclusion is a much bigger shift in approach for City than Nunez’s is for us.

Agree that it was vital we kept Salah for another season. Him and Mané going at once would have been a nightmare. Agree we need another player in the midfield too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us move to a 4-2-3-1 with Nunez up top with Diaz/Carvalho, Jota/Firmino, Salah in behind, specifically for low block teams at Anfield.
  • Fuck me this italy game is attritional viewing
  • I know Southgate is a chancer in terms of managerial skills, but how can anyone think you’ll win anything with Maguire as CB?
  • Oh god we’ve got so much talent and we’re going to win nothing again
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gareth's Cowardly Lions
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is the Nation's league important this time? Do we need to do well or have we already qualified for whatever competition this feeds into?
  • Fuck knows at this stage. Whatever it is we're definitely not making it with that (other) bald fraud in charge.
  • Thing is we’ve probably got our best chance of winning something by being this attritional dull as dishwater team. We don’t have the technical ability in CM or the pace/ passing at CB to play another way.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ozzies > Scotland then eh?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Ozzies > Scotland then eh?

And Wales, don't forget them.
  • England appear to be trying to make cricket seem exciting
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It’s been great this.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Vincent Kompany appointed as Burnley manager.  I am surprised we managed to pull this off.  I hope he is ready for the unrelenting championship grind.
  • That was awesome.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's coming home! It's coming home!
  • Is there no var? How can that be a sending off?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!