Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Ajer can’t believe it!
  • I nearly cried in a pub!
    I hate footy sometimes.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Gordon looked for everything this afternoon. Cheered went he was sent off, grade A c*nt.

West Ham should never have let a 3-1 lead slip, but I wasn’t surprised.

Gordon now leads my ‘top c*nt’ list, with van Dijk relegated to second and Conor Gallagher third.

Looked for everything? He's a pest but was clearly fouled for both pens. Not sure what he's supposed to do, not go near the ball in case they kick him?

I'd have a squint at your own clumsy clowns giving away pens and your shit scared gollum twat in the dugout nullifying your threat before I start looking at the opposition players

I hate these sort of penos. You see them all the time now. Defender makes a genuine attempt to clear the ball and the attacker does everything they can to sneak in from behind and get their foot into a position that's gonna cause contact. Basically instigating the contact or foul, they aren't trying to play the ball, they're trying to play the system.

It's a bag of shit and should be called for what it is, a 50/50. If Gordon nicks the ball away first then maybe, but he doesn't.

Any contact in the box and there's a peno given. State of the fuckin game today eh.

It's frustrating being on the wrong end of these but they all do it, they're all guilty of it. It's certainly not a Gordon thing.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Should be given as obstruction.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's not obstruction if the ball is in playing distance. I've no idea why Gordon touching the ball suddenly makes it a foul, it's the same act from the defender being punished. He doesn't need to touch it for it to be a foul
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Commentators call it ‘clever play’ these days.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Exactly what it is. Quick thinking, good awareness and reactions. Exactly the opposite of what Phillips is showing
  • Skondo wrote:
    Gordon looked for everything this afternoon. Cheered went he was sent off, grade A c*nt. West Ham should never have let a 3-1 lead slip, but I wasn’t surprised. Gordon now leads my ‘top c*nt’ list, with van Dijk relegated to second and Conor Gallagher third.
    Looked for everything? He's a pest but was clearly fouled for both pens. Not sure what he's supposed to do, not go near the ball in case they kick him? I'd have a squint at your own clumsy clowns giving away pens and your shit scared gollum twat in the dugout nullifying your threat before I start looking at the opposition players

LOL.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Welbeck! Boosh!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Nunez needs to work on his diving technique.
  • Exactly what it is. Quick thinking, good awareness and reactions. Exactly the opposite of what Phillips is showing

Didn’t you hate Gordon and call him a diving cheating cunt for exactly the same thing? But it’s ok now because he’s playing for Newcastle?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Because if he's taken control of the ball and then got cleaned out it could be a foul.

As it stands I see it as a 50/50 clash at best. West Ham players going for the ball and Gordons sole intention is to initiate contact with the player in the hope of buying a peno. I don't see how it's any more a foul on Gordon as it is on the other guy. That's why Gordon touching the ball makes a difference in my eyes.

I just dont think it should be rewarded. It goes in the same category as a dive or feigning injury or any of the other nonsense that goes on.
    It's not obstruction if the ball is in playing distance.

If the balls in playing distance then why didn't Gordon play the ball. That's not even a question because we know what the answer is.

Personally I think it's bollocks and I dont wanna see them given but maybe that's just me.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Do you think thats diving?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    Because if he's taken control of the ball and then got cleaned out it could be a foul.

As it stands I see it as a 50/50 clash at best. West Ham players going for the ball and Gordons sole intention is to initiate contact with the player in the hope of buying a peno. I don't see how it's any more a foul on Gordon as it is on the other guy. That's why Gordon touching the ball makes a difference in my eyes.

I just dont think it should be rewarded. It goes in the same category as a dive or feigning injury or any of the other nonsense that goes on.

If the balls in playing distance then why didn't Gordon play the ball. That's not even a question because we know what the answer is.

Personally I think it's bollocks and I dont wanna see them given but maybe that's just me.

One player kicks another and it's 50/50? Explain.

Gordon doesn't have to play the ball, that's not what the rule says. As long as it's within playing distance he can get his body within it and the opposition and it's not obstruction.

Some clutching at straws going on
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    Because if he's taken control of the ball and then got cleaned out it could be a foul.

I understand the logic but that isn't diving. It's the game and the rules. Argue with the rules, not the decision.
  • I remember one of [the mighty] ‘udders players getting sent off in the prem in a similar scenario. He went to play the ball, opposition player squeezed in from behind, and due to the point of contact it was a straight red. He had no idea the other player was sneaking round the back of him, felt very harsh, but them’s the rules.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Cupatay wrote:

One player kicks another and it's 50/50? Explain.

Gordon doesn't have to play the ball, that's not what the rule says. As long as it's within playing distance he can get his body within it and the opposition and it's not obstruction.

Some clutching at straws going on

@reg I don't think I said it was a dive anywhere but yes you're probably right in as much as it may be the rules that frustrate me in this case. The fact its Newcastle or Gordon or West ham means absolutely nothing to me.

I get what you're saying Paul and I see you're point. I dont think I can explain my stance on it any clearer than I already have.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've not heard a single decent reason why it's not a penalty.

"It's like diving"

No it isn't. At all
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I dislike Gordon hugely and his fall after contact was completely exaggerated but it’s a penalty every day of the week. I remember Palace getting a penalty against City earlier in the season for exactly the same thing.

As a defending player you need to have awareness of your surroundings at all times.
  • I've not heard a single decent reason why it's not a penalty.

"It's like diving"

No it isn't. At all

And you're not going too.

The very first line I wrote was "I hate these sort of penos". They may have been penos by the book, I just don't like seeing players play for a penalty which he clearly did. I don't appreciate the gamesmanship involved but I get that's football now days.
  • Phew.

Massive result for Liverpool that. Deserved win I think, as we had most of the ball, and lots of chances, but the way Brighton play always causes us problems.

Now I’m hoping for lots of (not serious) injuries, red cards, a 22+ man brawl, and points deducted between Man City and Arsenal, to give the Easter Sunday that Jesus would have wanted.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • A draw would be handy.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Pretty dull 20 mins so far. Arse probably the happier.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Arsenal immune to yellow cards
  • Goddamn this is tedious.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Goddamn this is tedious.

Tedious 0-0 is good ;)
  • I’ll happily take another dreary goalless 45 minutes.

Thought it would be more of a game though.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    I’ll happily take another dreary goalless 45 minutes.

Thought it would be more of a game though.

Massive punch up FTW ;)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    He’ll probably make me eat my words but I don’t think KDB has been the same player since he came back. Also think Saka is woefully out of form.
  • He’s got a cunt of a haircut. That can’t be helping.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!