Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Those playoff games were terrible. No quality at all.
  • Olimite wrote:

You can allow them for for being edgy affairs, but there was a telling lack of quality. The League One and Two play offs were far more entertaining.

• Olimite wrote:

How can you say that, did you see our possession stats?

…what do you mean you don’t get points for possession?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    No quality at all.

Come watch United play
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Arsenal playing pretty mediocrely really, but even so we can only muster and waste half chances. So so shit it's depressing. 8th place does not lie, and if anything feels generous.
  • 0-0. On to Saint Mary’s then.

Terrible advert for the Championship today, eh? Nobody seemingly wants to go up!

Wagner had us sitting back for the last hour, not sure that’s the best approach with an away leg at Elland Road on Thursday night but he did manage to get Huddersfield through them without scoring a goal themselves in 330mins…
  • Yeah, was gonna say we went up under Wagner without scoring a goal. We definitely had a worse team than you’ve got now too.

Problem with championship playoffs is there’s so much riding on it, can’t just go all out.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It feels like this season has been one where what goes on off the pitch has been almost as important as the on field action. At the top of the table, the book makers have Man City as favourites to take the title, but there's still the questions over the 115 charges laid at their doorstep by the League. If these are founded, what does that mean for Man City and their recent dominance.

Everton and Forest have had points deducted for Profit and Sustainability (PSR) breaches, the latter narrowly avoiding relegation. In the meantime, Everton's protracted buyout by 777 is going up in flames, leading to many commentators suggesting that Administration is a very real possibility.

More in the middle of pack is Chelsea. Chelsea have self reported themselves for spurious payments made under the previous ownerships and are awaiting the outcome of that. Financial analysts were certain that Chelsea would also breach PSR, but that didn't happen. For those unsure of how it works, the accounting period for clubs ends on 30 June each year and the accounts are laid before the league before 31 December, so that any charges can be made and (theoretically) resolved by the end of the season.

It transpired that Chelsea avoided a PSR breach (caveat, there's still a question mark over this) by selling themselves a hotel. BlueCo, the holding company, purchased from Chelsea FC, hotels previously held by the Club for around £75m. Just in case anyone was concerned that Chelsea FC wouldn't benefit from the revenue at the hotels anymore, the good news is BlueCo awarded the club a management contract for those hotels.

Well, that was the last financial year and the same commentators were still predicting a PSR breach for the accounts closing 30 June 2024. They said that Chelsea would need make over £100m in profit on player sales (note, that's profit, not revenue), which would likely mean a fire sale of academy talent, who represent pure profit on the balance sheet. The reported noises out of the club was this was nonsense. I predicted last month that would mean the training ground would be the next asset to be moved around and low and behold, it's being reported this morning that the Land Registry documents are showing that is in the process of happening - meaning BlueCo have made another purchase from Chelsea FC for an expected £150m.

Related party transactions are supposed to be approved by the League and I understand that the hotel purchase is yet to be approved, so Chelsea are not out of the woods yet. No doubt the same deliberation will take place over the training ground. But I doubt anything will come of this, because ultimately this is a loophole that can and therefore will be exploited.

I don't think we can push the toothpaste back into the tube and boardroom drama will continue to play as big a part in the beloved game as the games themselves. However, I do think more should be done to make the game a more level playing field and stop some clubs from making a mockery of the rules that were put in place to achieve those very ends.
  • I don't get how it's legal to sell your assets to your own holding company.
  • It's not legally wrong, but it is morally bankrupt.

BlueCo. and Chelsea FC are separate legal entities, despite sharing the same Directors/Owners. So, to that end, it wouldn't legally be any different to an unrelated company (let's say my company) from buying the assets. However, I think we know that those assets were not up for a competitive sale at any point, nor were they likely to have been competitively valued. That's what makes it morally bankrupt.
  • Chelsea can't even sevco properly. Shambles.
  • Is Chelsea FC not a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueCo? And does that really not make any difference if it is?
  • BlueCo own Chelsea, yes. Legally, that makes no difference at all.

The small ray of hope is that UEFA do not recognise profits from related party transactions, so if Chelsea do make it into Europe again, they may not be able to compete. However, it's more likely they'd need to pay a fine, which I'm sure they'd have no issue funding.

The other positive is, presumably, the number of assets that can be 'sold' to the parent company must run out at some point. Chelsea FC do not own the ground, so I'm not sure what else is valuable enough to make a difference in the event of further possible losses.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Should be an interesting game tonight with Liverpool playing for pride and Villa pushing for Europe. Amazing how quiet it’s been on the scouse front since the season crashed and burned. Come on lads, where are you?
  • I'll be supporting Liverpool.
    Highly unlikely we'll win our last two but we need Villa to lose at least one.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    We’ll smash ‘em for you on Sunday and I reckon it’ll be a draw at best for City in the week.

All to play for!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye Palace are flying. The bastards
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Martinez-lol.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I mean I know why but watching Spurs fans celebrating losing is modern football at its very worst. I’d be fuming if I was a home supporter.
  • Yeah not into that to be honest.
    Seen quite a few Arsenal fans taking the whole backing Spurs thing in good jest, way it should be.

Spurs fans should be focussed on us getting top 4 however unlikely.
  • That looked horrible, hope Ederson is ok.
    (He is)
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    I mean I know why but watching Spurs fans celebrating losing is modern football at its very worst. I’d be fuming if I was a home supporter.

Everyone celebrating is more of an Arsenal hater than a Spurs fan. Sad cunts
  • Eric wrote:
    That looked horrible, hope Ederson is ok.
    (He is)

He does not look ok. Sure he’s playing but he’s clearly not 100%.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I wouldn’t have wanted to be that seat when he got subbed!

Do Spurs know they need to win this?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Son has turned shit.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Son has turned shit.

Aye. He was utter crap last match too until their tails were up, but by then it was too late.

Peno now, game over.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!