Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    In the save file. Save then go back in. Yeah there’s a lot of story, but it opens up eventually. It’s pretty much the Persona model, though once you are free to roam the city you can do far more than in a Persona game.
  • I've been playing flat out since 10am, am
    Spoiler:

atm. Taking a break now but making this my weekend game.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's pretty good eh
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You’ll fall in love with it this weekend.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Without spoiling, they did so well on the ending on a way they hadn't before. The final bits are so fucking cathartic.
  • Finished!

Save file said 97 hrs, but it didn’t feel that long. I absolutely loved it.

Except for
    Spoiler:
    , that seemed a little bit of cop out, perhaps.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I'll be back on this at the weekend.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have paused as I thought I was getting close to the end of the story, but looking at Mark's save file I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near. Will also be back on this tonight.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I have paused as I thought I was getting close to the end of the story, but looking at Mark's save file I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near. Will also be back on this tonight.

I pissed about a lot too, which is what I generally do in Yakuza games.

There were
    Spoiler:
    chapters.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm at about 36 hours and game card on PS5 tells me I'm 60% through the story, but I've done most of the side missions.

I haven't gone to the second tier on the business game yet, but did get to my second round of investment, so guessing I could spend hours on that alone.

One thing that is bugging me... how do I find the cats? I can hear em, but can't for the life of me think how to find them.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You just find em I'm afraid. The positional audio is really more a guide. They're usually tucked away in a doorway.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm at about 36 hours and game card on PS5 tells me I'm 60% through the story, but I've done most of the side missions.

I haven't gone to the second tier on the business game yet, but did get to my second round of investment, so guessing I could spend hours on that alone.

One thing that is bugging me... how do I find the cats? I can hear em, but can't for the life of me think how to find them.

I really struggled finding the cats too. It was just a case of looking everywhere nearby, after hearing a meow. I’ve no idea how many I found in the end.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    You just find em I'm afraid. The positional audio is really more a guide. They're usually tucked away in a doorway.

Ah ok, I was really just trying to assume the surround sound was an indicator.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Mark - I think he said there are 9??
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've really slowed down on this. I thought I was near the end as the PS5 cards are stating I'm 70% through the story, but I'm only nearly 40 hours and I'm sure people are talking 90 hours to complete it, I also feel I'm now underpowered after spending much of the mid-game feeling cocky taking down people easily all of a sudden, some of the basic grunts in the certain zones could kill me. I feel a grind coming on.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I've really slowed down on this. I thought I was near the end as the PS5 cards are stating I'm 70% through the story, but I'm only nearly 40 hours and I'm sure people are talking 90 hours to complete it, I also feel I'm now underpowered after spending much of the mid-game feeling cocky taking down people easily all of a sudden, some of the basic grunts in the certain zones could kill me. I feel a grind coming on.

I pissed about with the shop management and golf for many hours.

There were a couple of boss fights late on, that I needed to give up on, and grind up some stats. I ended with most of my party on level 65 ish.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That's good to know Mark, I enjoy the management stuff and spent this morning A-starring the can collection.

Shortly after posting this, I was at level 33 and did a Hero job, which I think I wasn't supposed to win easily, but I jumped 6 levels in one go! The main guy in the fight could only take 1 dmg a pop regardless of what I threw at him, but I happened to have pistol guy in my party, so I just unloaded a clip :-)
  • I've fallen behind in this much to my great shame.
    Thankfully tonight my wife has planning and marking to do so I'll have a few hours on my own after the kids are in bed.
    Think I'll settle down on the sofa for some quality time with YAKLAD
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Lost Judgment has been confirmed for September. From now on, Judgement is going to be the action franchise while Yakuza sticks with its new turn-based RPG format.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The fuck I need time to clear the decks
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    The fuck I need time to clear the decks

Haha, that was literally my reaction.
  • Yup, sitting on my unconnected PS4's hard drive the first one. Fuck.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I wonder if RGG Studio's next game after Lost Judgment will be next-gen only or if they'll be a bit of a last-gen hold-out. If they're sticking with Dragon Engine for a while, they might not feel any need to drop last-gen for a bit. They carried on supporting PS3 until the Dragon Engine games, they just didn't bother releasing those versions in the West.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    LOST JUDGMENT HAS DOG WALKING
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DAY 1
  • I bought YakLad a few weeks ago, played it all weekend and enjoyed it, never had an urge to go back. Don't believe the hype train. It's fine, but that's it, fine. If you like watching (admittedly good) cutscenes and story then this is the game for you.
  • Give it an extra 10pts if you're a weeb obvs.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Lost Judgment has been confirmed for September. From now on, Judgement is going to be the action franchise while Yakuza sticks with its new turn-based RPG format.

I think this is a smart movie - it means that those who still want that old Yakuza crunchy, crunchy brawling (which is very good brawling) can still get it, but it gives Yak itself time to become something different. Hype for both.
  • I've played 0, kiwami 1 and 2 and I'm wondering if anyone could let me know what 3-5 remasters are like? Are they worth playing or should I just go straight to 6? Love what I've played so far.
    Peter3C

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!