adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    3 in particular is a bit less refined than the remakes of 1 and 2 but I'd personally play through the remasters first as you'll be going into 6 with quite a big plot gulf otherwise.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If you're worried about playing three older games in a row (5 is just an older version of the engine from 0 and 1 Kiwami though) then skip ahead to Like a Dragon or (perhaps particularly) Judgment (haven't played it too deeply but IIRC it has basically no connections to the Kiryu games) but keep playing the Kiryu saga in order.
  • Much appreciated. Judgement has been on my radar for a while..
    Peter3C
  • Can't be arsed reconnecting the PS4 and I was only about a third into it so I've started Yak6 on Xbox while I wait for Judgement to come down in price. Nice to be in a silky smooth brawler yakmans again. The Sony Xperia product placements are funny this time.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Like A Dragon DLC is half price on PlayStation at the moment. Mostly overpriced shite that shouldn't exist but there's an extra pair of jobs for £2.
  • Judgement for 30 euros on Days of Play. There's just no point in resisting.
    Peter3C
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep been eying that especially as it’s had a PS5 patch.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    They should just announce a date to sunset games with gold. Just give it a year and let it go.

It probably keeps someone in a job having to trawl to find something each month.

Not a patch, a remaster with no cross-buy or cross-save - make sure you buy the right one!

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I thought the wine had kicked in when I spotted that post in the Xbox thread!

Yeah I’ve spotted the version with a PS5 badge on it. They are good, on the app at least, at badging the games now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    pc71 wrote:
    Judgement for 30 euros on Days of Play. There's just no point in resisting.

Stick to the JP voices. So much more fun
  • I'll be going JP voices all the way. Can't imagine any game in Yakuza universe any other way although I've seen reviews that the English performance is good. Just wouldn't feel right.
    Peter3C
  • Did not know Judgement was 25% off on Xbox "deals with gold" this week, down to £26. Had bought it in a PSN sale but never started it and now the PS4 is just gathering dust tbh.

Ahhh, fuck it. Mon then.
  • Did not know Judgement was 25% off on Xbox "deals with gold" this week, down to £26. Had bought it in a PSN sale but never started it and now the PS4 is just gathering dust tbh.

Ahhh, fuck it. Mon then.

YAS!!! used a fiver worth of rewards points and bought this!! Brilliant.

Thanks Gav
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Enjoy Japanese Tom Cruise. I've ordered the sequel for PS5
  • Japanese Tom Cruise?! Now I'm really excited
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Takuya Kimura who plays the lead is widely known in Japan as their Tom Cruise.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Akiyama's voice actor, Koichi Yamadera, is Japan's Robin Williams and Will Smith and so played Genie in both the animated and live action versions of Aladdin.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Subs, not dubs, as always.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I was like "I wonder what exciting dubbing roles Kiryu's voice actor has done?"

Kiryu's voice actor dubbed Cranky the Crane in Thomas the Tank Engine.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This how it sounded in my head.
    regmcfly wrote:
    Subs, not dubs, agent, subs not dubs.

950f96295dfc94152a15f4e28cdbbaa87b-13-crackdown-terry-crew.rsquare.w700.jpg
  • My wife took the kids to the park for an hour so I sat down to play some judgement.

5 mins into the intro my phone rings.
    My wife -"can you hang the washing out please?"
    Fine...
    Hang the washing out. Sit down. Unpause. Phone rings almost immediately.
    My wife -"can you get the chicken out of the fridge and check the date...oh it's 2 days past... Ok can you start making something for the boys dinner"

Fine...

I make some falafel balls and dice some potatoes to go in the oven.
    I sit down. I unpause the game. 2 mins later the car pulls up and the wife and kids come barrelling in, home early.

FFS.

The intro looks pretty at least. Might get to play sometime.
    Cries
  • Run into a massive brick wall that is the boss in Chapter 12.

Spent ages levelling up but still not good enough. So frustrating.
    This is the worst chapter of what is so far an awesome game, hope it's the only blip in its brilliance.
  • My wife took the kids to the park for an hour so I sat down to play some judgement. 5 mins into the intro my phone rings. My wife -"can you hang the washing out please?" Fine... Hang the washing out. Sit down. Unpause. Phone rings almost immediately. My wife -"can you get the chicken out of the fridge and check the date...oh it's 2 days past... Ok can you start making something for the boys dinner" Fine... I make some falafel balls and dice some potatoes to go in the oven. I sit down. I unpause the game. 2 mins later the car pulls up and the wife and kids come barrelling in, home early. FFS.
    Oh yes
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Why didn’t anyone tell me Like A Dragon was a proper, full blown turn-based RPG?  This thing is great.  I just did a can-collecting mini game.  It’s weird, but it’s great.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's amazing.

I've just finished the battle arena. This game gets better and better
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Why didn’t anyone tell me Like A Dragon was a proper, full blown turn-based RPG?  This thing is great.  I just did a can-collecting mini game.  It’s weird, but it’s great.

It’s an amazing game and yes full on JRPG including the the slow press X to continue start but the story is great and I enjoy all the cut scenes. The side missions a are so inventive and fun too.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I just got to the Sujimon bit.  I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much in a single player game.
    Get schwifty.
  • Finally beat the chapter 12 boss having spent the last day levelling up in the battle arena.
    This game gets better and better
  • HOLY SHIT
    Spoiler:
  • Ok I'm calling it. Best game of the year.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!