Yakuza - it's like Shenmue, but actually fun to play
  • How’s Kiwami 2 going? Also played a bit of K2 before spring fest and got up to the Four Shine part - now have to go advance the story before it will let me do more.
  • I've made it to chapter 5 after a forced stint in Sotenbori. Now I'm up to the bit where you have to go and speak to him in Purgatory.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Ah, same place as me then.
  • How do you find the battle system? I assume that you have played Y6?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Boughted Kiwami 2 after reading others were playing it on here - £4.50 on the steam sale.  
    Only played 0 before but this seems more of the same (a good thing), works well on the steam deck.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I'd still recommend the first Yakuza, though probably only available in Kiwami form now.

If you have played 0, Kiwami continues the thread of Kiryu and Nishiki, and introduces a few critical story points.

It also has more Pocket Circuit
  • Cheers - it gets confusing with the many offshoots / irregular release on PC.
    Anyhow Kiwami 2 is a blast, perfect fit for the Steam Deck.  Currently loving the darts

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Any cringy brothels in this installment of the series?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dirty boy Franny
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Misogyny is my number one turn on. Then Geordies.
  • Had a quick go, combat feels good

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Any Geordies?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Any Geordies?
    No and for that reason alone I was left somewhat underwhelmed

• Battering through Judgement again in the hope that I can get it done before I get Ishin at payday. Can't help but do every side story/friendship thing though.

Still, love love love Kamoroucho.
  • Chapter 8/13 started. City rep up to lvl26. Two girlfriends. All drone codes found but not the items to make the beast parts.
  • Because I'm an idiot that takes months between blasts last night I found two side story quest givers I completely forgot about, and I completely forgot about the Quickstarter thing. But I took down the escaped convict and now have banked a cool 2.5m. Good thing I'm at a point in the main story that, I er...., don't really know what I'm doing. I'm sure I've to bump into Kaito somewhere but I dunno how or when, no mission marker for it. Ho hum, gives me time to stop The Devil Wife and Judge Creep n' Peep.

Yup.
  • Really starting to get annoyed by the constant battles with the big purple gang dudes, hurting me with mortal wounds that then need patched up. That ten mins I get without them on the map are sheer bliss.

Ch9 now.
  • Okay so, RGG Studios have a direct happening soon but the new Kiryu one that was teased a while back has had it's PS Store listing leaked and scrubbed for us all to see. Behold.
    Erase Your Past to Protect Your Future

Once a legendary yakuza, Kazuma Kiryu faked his own death and abandoned his name for the sake of protecting his family. Now, he is thrust into conflict by a mysterious figure attempting to drive him out of hiding.

Under the codename “Joryu,” Kiryu embarks on a gripping action narrative with bone-shattering combat in vibrant locations filled with exciting characters and activities.

Ultimate Combat with Two High-Impact Fighting Styles

Dynamically switch between the Yakuza and Agent fighting styles in visceral melee combat.

With the Yakuza style, strike fear into enemies by unleashing wildly aggressive moves powered by Kiryu’s unparalleled strength and flair.

Or up the ante with the Agent style by delivering blows with absolute speed and precision, while using an array of high-tech gadgets like electrified bind wires to stun enemies then send them flying.

Strategically adapt to the situation and leverage both styles to dominate and destroy hordes of enemies.

Endless Entertainment

Whether you’re brawling in the secret Castle arena, singing a new karaoke song, enjoying a drink at the live-action cabaret club, or racing in the pocket circuit, the world offers a variety of immersive experiences.

An intriguing informant named Akame also provides thrilling sub-missions, drawing you into an epic showdown that unfolds the more you explore and enjoy Sotenbori, Yokohama and the mysterious Castle.

Like-a-Dragon-Gaiden-The-Man-Who-Erased-His-Name_2023_06-08-23_001.jpg

Like-a-Dragon-Gaiden-The-Man-Who-Erased-His-Name_2023_06-08-23_002.jpg

Like-a-Dragon-Gaiden-The-Man-Who-Erased-His-Name_2023_06-08-23_005.jpg

I am there no matter what.
  • Agent Kiryu is sending me.

What a franchise.
  • Pocket circuit returns?

Fuck UFO news, this is the real deal.
  • Yes yes yes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Agent Kiryu is sending me.

What a franchise.

Part of me wonders whether sales for the Judgement games were a bit soft and they’re going back to Kiryu for punchy punch. Said it elsewhere but as excited as I am for this, I wish they just let Kiryu be.
  • I thought his story finished beautifully.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Right, next project is to finish the games on GAMEPASS
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I thought his story finished beautifully.

Agreed.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Agent Kiryu is sending me.

What a franchise.

Part of me wonders whether sales for the Judgement games were a bit soft and they’re going back to Kiryu for punchy punch. Said it elsewhere but as excited as I am for this, I wish they just let Kiryu be.

The talent agency for the main guy in Judgment were causing big issues apparently, which is why the PC versions were delayed - apparently they didn’t want him in a PC game for some mad reason. It might be resolved now but I think that’s probably why they moved onto this Kiryu spin-off instead of the next Judgment.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name is going to be digital only in America (but not in Japan and Europe). Disgusting.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!