Yakuza - it's like Shenmue, but actually fun to play
  • I've been levelling up all the jobs. Absolutely love
    Spoiler:
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Finally broke away from the island. Think I’m about to finish chapter 11. Had another run through the dungeon to power up. You get some great gains in there. About to do a big fight I think.
  • I finally beat the 2nd Sujimon boss last night. There is way more depth to that than I initially realised.

This game just keeps giving!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I might go back to that later, I'm going to plough on and try to finish the story before FFVII next week.
  • I’ve never played a Final Fantasy, so the excitement for a remake of VII is passing me by.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You know when they remade Yakuza as Yakuza 1 Kiwami and Yakuza 2 as Yakuza 2 Kiwami? Well it’s basically like that but with Final Fantasy VII.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    You know when they remade Yakuza as Yakuza 1 Kiwami and Yakuza 2 as Yakuza 2 Kiwami? Well it’s basically like that but with Final Fantasy VII.

I owned a Saturn. The PlayStation FFVII scars are still deep.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve never played a Final Fantasy, so the excitement for a remake of VII is passing me by.

Neither have I apart from the remake.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Final boss at the bottom of the Hawaii dungeon is pretty bullshit. Think I might have to grind a bit more and come back. Game continues to impress. So much value here.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm having my first Yakuza moment of crisis.
    I'm sitting around about level 22 with my characters, and street encounters are giving me nothing, and the keys to the city characters are just too over levelled for me.

My understanding from podcasts is that there's two pinch points, one where I am at just now, and one right before the end game, at around level 55.

And the way to overcome this is a fucking micro transaction.

I've completed every Yakuza game going and this does have me thinking whether I just move over to Rebirth at this point.

Heartbreak.
  • Which yak game is this?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It can’t be IW. I’m pretty much at the end and wrapping up a bunch of side quests before the big showdown and I can say I don’t think you need to be that level. If you’re stuck grind the dungeon. Assuming this is IW of course.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It is IW.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wanna spoiler the level 22 pinch point?
  • Really? I don't remember a pinch point. I blasted past the lower 20s quite easily.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm in chapter 6 and at the
    Spoiler:

For the former I'm level 22, and getting XP is crap - I'm way beyond grunts walking round the city and all the keys to the city guys are 27+ which is just enough to be a pain to beat.

For the latter, if anyone can guide me to fast getting enough materials for that equipment I'd be all ears.
  • Can you spoiler what you need? I can't remember chapter 6.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You should have the Hawaiian Haunt dungeon unlocked at this stage. You can do a run at the top ten levels of the dungeon which will give you a ton of materials about 2 to 3 levels and some decent gear. You should also have enough money to buy better gear for the rest of your team.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    As to the latter I haven’t quite got there yet but sounds like the same thing. Grind the dungeon.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    You should have the Hawaiian Haunt dungeon unlocked at this stage. You can do a run at the top ten levels of the dungeon which will give you a ton of materials about 2 to 3 levels and some decent gear. You should also have enough money to buy better gear for the rest of your team.
    On it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Big thanks to Boris and Wookie - 10 floors of Hawaiian Haunt and off we go
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think I’m about to do the final boss, but you never know with these games. Either way I have the day so should be complete today. All these huge RPGs have fucked any chance of doing 52 games this year.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And done... just a perfect game.
  • I’ve been going through the story for a bit, just finished chapter 8, or 9
    Spoiler:
    , and it’s just incredible. The Kazuma stuff is
    Spoiler:
    , and I switch from thinking he’s the best video game character ever, until I play the Ichiban stuff, and I might love him even more.

Is it sad, that I’m now thinking my next tattoo should be Like a Dragon related, rather than Radiohead?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep that Chapter 8 stuff was a bloody great move.

This game has made me want to go through the back catalogue.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yep that Chapter 8 stuff was a bloody great move.

This game has made me want to go through the back catalogue.

I have played a fair few, and this may be my favourite.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just discovered most of them are on sale for £3.99 on the PSN store, I feel a purchase coming on.
  • Do it. They're all on game pass, I've been wanting to enjoy them but think I need to quit my job and leave my family to find the time
  • 0 is amazing, Kiwami okay, Kiwami 2 brilliant, 4 was good, 6 excellent, Gaiden really good, 7 amazing.

My short reviews ;)
  • If you've never played 0, and after reading your posts about IW Boris, I'd drop everything and make that your next one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!