Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • Kow wrote:
    Depends if Mignola is in or not.

He's apparently on board from a scripting perspective. As much as I love Big Red, the films were (like most of GDTs output) style over substance - they fell a little flat for me.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Despite being good fun, I never thought they got near the tone of the comics.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought they were great. About the only comic films I've watched more than once.
  • I_R wrote:
    Despite being good fun, I never thought they got near the tone of the comics.
    Yeah, totally agree.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Warner Bros, discussing a Red Son superman movie. Can't see that ever getting the green light. Superman as a commie? Perish the thought.

Batman director (planet of apes triology director) promises a noir driven detective batman movie. Affleck as batman.
  • Are Captain String or Random Black Man going to be in either of those?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Warner Bros, discussing a Red Son superman movie. Can't see that ever getting the green light. Superman as a commie? Perish the thought. Batman director (planet of apes triology director) promises a noir driven detective batman movie. Affleck as batman.

Like Reeves and like Affleck, but feel like the DC-verse is irredeemable at this stage.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I would like to see a movie based on Red Son but surely the wrong movie to make if they are trying to expand & grow the current DC universe.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Warner Bros, discussing a Red Son superman movie. Can't see that ever getting the green light. Superman as a commie? Perish the thought. Batman director (planet of apes triology director) promises a noir driven detective batman movie. Affleck as batman.
    Like Reeves and like Affleck, but feel like the DC-verse is irredeemable at this stage.
    Wonder Woman was perfectly serviceable.

The 18 odd hours of BatSoup director's cut was decent enough too.

Of course, I'm sure it'll go to shit with Aquaman.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wonder Woman was perfectly serviceable. The 18 odd hours of BatSoup director's cut was decent enough too. Of course, I'm sure it'll go to shit with Aquaman.

It bloody wasn't.

It was probably actually worse on account of a longer running time alone.

WW was serviceable, but not much more. It seemed to go down very well with the masses though, so might give them the push they needed.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Meh, it had some silly moments, but overall I thought it was fine.

Actually, I would have given Aquaman a huge benefit of the doubt if they'd cast Adam Grenier as Aquaman. Blurring the boundaries between Entourage and real life would have given it some leeway.
  • Wonder Woman has become the highest grossing movie by a female director, I believe. Not sure what you can read into that.

Jason Momoa from stargate atlantis (he was rubbish in that) as aquaman? Nah.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wonder Woman has become the highest grossing movie by a female director, I believe. Not sure what you can read into that.
    Absolutely nothing.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wonder Woman has become the highest grossing movie by a female director, I believe. Not sure what you can read into that. Jason Momoa from stargate atlantis (he was rubbish in that) as aquaman? Nah.

Loved Atlantis, was hype when I realised he was Aquaman, despite the character being rubbish.

A Red Son film, and a Batman as Worlds Greatest Detective has my comic boner on. So obviously neither will happen.

All Star Superman would be great as well.
  • g.man wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wonder Woman has become the highest grossing movie by a female director, I believe. Not sure what you can read into that.
    Absolutely nothing.

That women generally aren't offered very many big budget films to direct?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wonder Woman has become the highest grossing movie* by a female director

*Live action

Still a long way from Frozen.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Jason Momoa from stargate atlantis (he was rubbish in that) as aquaman? Nah.
    Was great in GoT though.
  • Were none of the Harry Potter films directed by a woman?
  • Outside of the animations (Shrek and Brave score high) the top live action after wonder woman is the Twilight stuff.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Highest grossing vs highest rated? The latter trumps in my book, which you should all read.
  • Chapter One,

Played a bunch of Japanese Rhythm games.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Chapter Two

Slept on the sofa after staying out too late playing a bunch of Japanese Rhythm games.
  • Just got round to watching wonder woman.

Not my cup of tea if I'm honest, can see why it's been so popular though (still selling fairly well at work).

Gal gadot though.

Jaysus. Permanent spot in my top five.
  • Got some tickets today to see Spider-man Homecoming tomorrow night. Am extremely excited to see how it tuns out, am expecting big things. 

I had screening tickets for the last one and was genuinely bummed out by how bad it was.
  • I thought Homecoming is out next Thursday? Better go check my local cinema.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Just got round to watching wonder woman.

Not my cup of tea if I'm honest, can see why it's been so popular though (still selling fairly well at work).

Gal gadot though.

Jaysus. Permanent spot in my top five.

Just watch it, she's a thing of beauty.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I thought Homecoming is out next Thursday? Better go check my local cinema.

Aye, don't even think I've got homecoming on site yet, nevermind an unlocked version.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:

Gal gadot though.

Jaysus. Permanent spot in my wank bank.

• Boolitt wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:

Gal gadot though.

Jaysus. Permanent spot in my wank bank.

Yup. No denying it.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I thought Homecoming is out next Thursday? Better go check my local cinema.

Aye, don't even think I've got homecoming on site yet, nevermind an unlocked version.

Media screening innit :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!