PS Plus Monthly Games Thread for PS4/PS5
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Weird. You checked the journal missions tab? I just kept going there to find where to go next.

Yeh most of my time was spent going to places on that journal, but its all secondary stuff I missed or moved on without finishing.
    (Gensilabs research or something, etc)

I noticed it had more stuff on it one time but then it all disappeared, so maybe I need to be somewhere for it to update wich is what I was trying last.

Might have a look when wife is in bed see if I can figure it out.
  • Make sure you have the right tab selected. It's "missions" for the main stuff.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Make sure you have the right tab selected. It's "missions" for the main stuff.

Yeh that just says find the conduit.
    Iv stuck it on and going back round the other 4 maps to see if I can sort it but it is really frustrating and annoyingly shit game design, there's no real clue anywhere so I'm having to repeat everything iv done previous to see why my progress has been halted.
  • Just like that met the matriarch eventually after wandering around samey looking corridors for ages.
    Think I may be on the path now.
  • Ah yeah. Glad you sorted it.

I've finished ME1 now. Shortish game if you just hit the main missions. An average experience overall, but glad I've made those decisions that are carrying over to ME2. The difference between ME1 and ME2 in terms of polish is night and day.

My advice would be to not bother with any side stuff, shops, inventory management. Just equip stronger gear as you find it and whack it on easy for some of the more frustrating fights. Godspeed.
  • I'm only replaying ME1 for the story and choices before I hit ME2.  I don't think I ever got lost, just looked up missions in the menu, but combat was shit (on first playthrough, improves with NG+).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • What do you think an average play through time is Elf? I reckon I did it in under 10 hours.
  • 10 hours sounds quick!  I would've thought it would take 15-20 hours even doing just main missions.

I spent ages on first play though and got a lot of the achievements and then blitzed NG+ playing it like a shooter as better stats and guns etc really helped lessen the clunkiness.

Currently doing the remaster with full side missions so will take me a while!
  • drumbeg wrote:
    What do you think an average play through time is Elf? I reckon I did it in under 10 hours.

I'm over 30 hours now!
    Half of that is running in circles and taking elevators to floors just to check the map!
    (Why there's no option to look at other levels on the map screen boggles the mind)

I nearly have the platinum without trying really,
    Need to use stasis and medi gel more but it's getable.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Ah yeah. Glad you sorted it. I've finished ME1 now. Shortish game if you just hit the main missions. An average experience overall, but glad I've made those decisions that are carrying over to ME2. The difference between ME1 and ME2 in terms of polish is night and day. My advice would be to not bother with any side stuff, shops, inventory management. Just equip stronger gear as you find it and whack it on easy for some of the more frustrating fights. Godspeed.

Depends on what decisions you want access to I guess. A couple of ones in the game require some side-stuff to get enough rep with teammates. But yeah - it's not super long is you super mainline.
  • And done.
    Quite enjoyed it for the most part but got frustrated at its clunky systems and lack of guidance.
    A very decent 6 or 7/10.

Need 1 trophy for platinum (use neural shock 25 times)
    So I'm gonna ng+ till I get it I guess and go back to the witcher 3 before I continue on to me2.
  • Good job. Interested to see what Witcher 3 is like with the new upgrades. Never played it originally.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Good job. Interested to see what Witcher 3 is like with the new upgrades. Never played it originally.

It's so good.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sounds like Jedi Souls, Axiom Verge 2 & Fallout 76 in Jan.

Plus a decent swathe of extra Extra stuff next week (LotRs, YakD, FC5, Mortal Shell - though dinner of those have been on main plus pretty recently I think?)
  • Gamermike wrote:
    I never finished the first as it felt incredibly clunky/outdated even back then.  I've only finished ME2, and that was THE best game of 360 era (IMHO). From what i remember, there were bits from ME1 that it would reference in ME2 but nothing major, and your character stats/appearance would carry over if you like. Never bothered with the 3rd.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    2 really is the best, one is a big of a slog in areas, and 3 was merely enough. All imo. I say go to 2 and stay there.
    That's what I did on 360. No regrets. I did try to enjoy the first couple of hours of 3. Nope. The combat in 2 probably has aged poorly (unless they've improved it for the remaster). It was good enough to see me through the game though. I'm a habitual skipper with cut scenes but resisted the urge because the Mass Effect universe is excellent and it's easily the best epic sci fi videogame in terms of story/characters imo. Definitely better than plenty of TV shows that are supposedly good. I don't usually play games like that and it grabbed me. I even played the DLC.

Finished 2. Amazing game. Never got bored. Such a contrast from 1. A little dated in the character expressions and crappy mini games, but other than that it was stellar.
  • I started ME for the first time after Christmas.

Got as far as recruiting three aliens to the squad.

So far, it's a lot of talking, and clunky combat. Not sure I'll stick with it.
  • Yeah. The gameplay is toss in 1.

So far, 3 doesn’t quite have the balance right (whilst still being good fun). 2 was the sweet spot.
  • OlliOlli World would be an insane grab. 2022 goty.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    Rumours are suggesting OlliOlli World, Mafia Definitive Edition and Evil Dead The Game, plus some Destiny 2 expansion pack.

Thats a great month for me. Want to try all of those (partly down to gavs olliolli world love admittedly) but never fancied paying for them. Is Evil Dead another A symmetric thing like dead by daylight ?

• Own OlliOlli world already but it's a great freebie.
  • I'll play OlliOlli World. The rest is a shrug from me.
    Still got a shit load of other stuff to play anyway.
  • PlayStation Plus extra Game Catalog lineup for April:

✅ Kena: Bridge of Spirits
    ✅ Doom Eternal
    ✅ Riders Republic
    ✅ Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
    ✅ Slay the Spire
    ✅ Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
    ✅ The Evil Within
    ✅ Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    ✅ Bassmaster Fishing
    ✅ Paradise Killer
    ✅ Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Classics:
    ✅ Doom
    ✅ Doom II
    ✅ Doom 64
    ✅ Doom 3
    ✅ Dishonored: Definitive Edition
  • That's a lotta Bethesda. MS playing ball.
  • Perhaps? It’s almost like they’re trying to publicly show how benevolent and caring they are.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Paradise Killer is a banger lads
  • Paradise Killer is a banger lads
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kena = unsung gem
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is a banger lads

• Happy to see Kena there.

Doom Eternal I'd imagine everyone who wants to play that has played it already, but it is pretty awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!