Punching ozno in the fuck - boxing and MMA for girlie men
  • Yeah, not sure why this is all especially surprising.
    Other than the tuba.
  • Genuine question. Why do so many morons in the internet watch UFC?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    Genuine question. Why do so many morons in the internet watch UFC?
    reel that line in lad
  • Connor is not a coked-up pikey Sassanachs, he's from Crumlin ffs.

Look up some of his interviews (post-fight losses are best ones) and you'll find a fairly reflective and intelligent dude 'neath all the necessary bluster.
  • indigoDos wrote:
    One of the fighters got cut up (including his face) from that tho, may not be cleared to fight on Sat. Also Rose (won't attempt her second name) was inches away from getting her hand broken - she's really shook up by the experience. Not sure what is up with Connor.
    Michael Chiesa is fine and should fight. Rose Namajunas will fight also.

Chiesa is not fighting, nor is Ray Borg who got glass in his eye. Basically, he's caused 3 fights to be dropped from the card.

He's a scumbag. Hopefully he'll never fight again.
  • Oh dang. Yeah he's a bit fucked now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As an outsider who pokes at UFC a lot and likes the fights when he sees them, I see two not good things here

1) this is a sign that Conor is a bad man which I have been arguing for a long time

2) this is coincidentally timed for wrestlemania weekend and therefore removes UFC'S claim for legitimateness
  • 1 yep but money will help that, or at least the desire to make more, which is what the UFC likes at this stage, especially after a multi-billion takeover. He'll probably fight again imo. All this does (once the judicial system finishes with it) is hype McGregor v Nurmagomedov

2 uhhh what?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    indigoDos wrote:
    Connor is not a coked-up pikey Sassanachs, he's from Crumlin ffs.

Look up some of his interviews (post-fight losses are best ones) and you'll find a fairly reflective and intelligent dude 'neath all the necessary bluster.

Sure lad
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    1 yep but money will help that, or at least the desire to make more, which is what the UFC likes at this stage, especially after a multi-billion takeover. He'll probably fight again imo. All this does (once the judicial system finishes with it) is hype McGregor v Nurmagomedov

2 uhhh what?

Uhh what
  • He means, what does point 2 mean?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I mean if we are going to be tinfoil hatted it's well timed that there's a lot of press around UFC at the time that WWE should be getting it. I don't think (or believe it for that matter) that it's that hard a concept to grasp
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes nearly twatting a woman in the skull with metal and cutting a fighter up legit whilst coked out ya skull is an angle
  • It's harder when what you wrote doesn't say that.
  • I'm not being tinhatted at all. There was talk of Conor showing up at the event on Saturday (more to do with the two of his biggest rivals fighting for a belt he's just been stripped of) and the UFC like it when little skirmishes happen as it builds hype but this is the last thing they'd have wanted. Genuine criminal activity. Fans were already hyped for this weekends card without this. I was saying uhhh what as this doesn't really have anything to do with the legitimacy of the UFC/MMA as a sport as there's been years of "outside the cage" drama (Jon Jones, War Machine, Oezdemir recently) but also years and years of amazing athletes having amazing stories in the cage week in week out.

But it has got a lot more people talking, although the think the WWE will be just fine.

Damn, espn would make a great 30 For 30 outta this week.
  • WWE might have Zlatan on Sunday, so everyone will have forgotten about UFC by then anyway.
  • If he gets convicted in the states is he allowed back in?
  • Reg is saying that UFC is at least partly staged these days, outside of the fights. Fighters are encouraged to have beef, manufactured or real because they can then book a grudge match and more people will pay to see. Thus it loses it's legimacy as something that is purely about the contest or the athletic skill of the fighters because the need to provide entertainment to keep people watching is creeping in. 

Then in combo with Gonz's extremely barbed sentiment, which is why do people watch this? I think people watch this because they liked wrestling when they were a kid, then people got turned off that as they got older, but this basically wrestling for grownups and people get ktfo which is awsum. Also I think Michael Moore did a great bit in one of his documentaries about the similarities between the downfall of Rome and the current state of the USA, in which it was hard to ignore the point about the rise in increasingly violent forms of entertainment to keep the population placated and distracted while everything crumbled to shit around them.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    People watch UFC because boxing is absolute fucking shit.
  • But they weren't staying up all night to watch Muay Thai guys absolutely batter each other, either. Or judo, or greco roman wrestling.

Somehow the combination of these things is great, but individually its FUCKING TRASH GARBAGE?

Shit I think whoever it was at UFC doesn't get enough credit for working out that if they up the production values and present it like it's some ESPN feature that they can make it popular and grow the whole punditry and fan support structure around it. 

No one was talking about it when it was butterbean vs some McDojo guy in the late 90s is all I'm saying.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They were, you just weren't aware of it. And yes solo they are shit, watching a big Dutch idiot kneeing a Japanese karate man in the fucking face as he tries to grab his ankle is better than two Japanese karate mans doing homo-eroticism on the floor.
  • OCCmeme.jpg

<3
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    oh god do i hate that meme
  • There is a truth to that, but there is more crossover of Wrestling and MMA fans than Boxing and MMA fans.

Personally, I can't stand the rolling around on the floor bits, I like the striking.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm glad ROUJ was here to help me get my brain thoughts out
  • regmcfly wrote:

WgR1y2d.jpg
  • Roujin wrote:
    Shit I think whoever it was at UFC doesn't get enough credit for working out that if they up the production values and present it like it's some ESPN feature that they can make it popular and grow the whole punditry and fan support structure around it.  

No one was talking about it when it was butterbean vs some McDojo guy in the late 90s is all I'm saying.

It wasn't until the late 90's that they abandoned the tournament format and drastically changed the rules. This was pre Zuffa, and set the stage for the UFC's future, but it wasn't until the takeover and further changes to the weight classes and production that it really started to take off.

The Ultimate Fighter helped too, which aired after Raw and kept a lot of viewers on.
  • Roujin wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

WgR1y2d.jpg

What you up to with that other hand rouj... *suspicious/kinky*.
  • 1. I do like watching folks hit each other. I prefer boxing.

2. This is unsurprising behaviour from someone in a brain damage sport. Crime in sport podo that I listen to a lot puts it in perspective. The raw number of participants who end up fucked or violent from gridiron, mma, boxing and wwe, because of lifestyle, roids, concussion, is staggering.

Anyhoo.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • indigoDos wrote:
    What you up to with that other hand rouj... *suspicious/kinky*.
    My other hand is actually a  grimdark mechanical syringe/claw combo, I'm using it to deliver the life essence of the willing to maintain Reg, I mean the God Emporer of Mankind's husk-like remains.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!