Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Post-hotfix Rahool has 2x Ascendant Alloys for the price of 1 due to the issues. I can finally get that catalyst!

Patch notes.
  • Okay, Osteo Striga with the catalyst + Necrotic Grips on a Devour Warlock is my new favourite thing ever. I'm also running volatile rounds for my Deafening Whisper which is kinda hilarious, but there's really no need to ever swap off Osteo.

If/when we get a Darkness poison subclass, I'm going all in.
  • We will, they need a Green flavour of superpower and it's the obvious play.
  • Post-hotfix Rahool has 2x Ascendant Alloys for the price of 1 due to the issues. I can finally get that catalyst!

Patch notes.

Another Noob question, what do need Ascendant Alloy for?

Is it worth me getting some as I have 400 leg shards?

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It's for re-speccing crafted weapons. Hold onto your shards until you actually need to do some respeccing.
  • I’m slowly (very slowly) levelling up and 1516 at the moment. My friend has said always keep a blue item at roughly the same level as the item that’s equipped to keep a constant upgrade loop as I keep getting items at a lower power than I am. I always dismantle them as they’re no good to me, because I have a legendary or an exotic equipped. Is this correct?

That make sense to anyone?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yeah, the drops you get are based on the highest level gear you have, weather it's equipped or not. So if you aren't using a blue that's a higher level than any purples don't dismantle that, keep it until you get a purple at that level or higher.
  • @digi Here's evanf's new raid vid. Like I said, the guy grates on me, but his vids that tell the stories of the raids, dungeons, and secret missions from the community's perspective are probably the best ones out there. Lots of community footage, and all the context and history you could want. 

His vids on The Last Wish, Outbreak, and Whisper are all worth a watch as well, if you can deal with his voice, personality, and often inane comments.
  • @stormy cheers pal gonna have a watch of that now.
    Only just finished the campaign late last nite.
  • Anyone still playing? I've struggled with the restrictions on end-game activity playstyle and seasonal content this year and have barely played anything beyond the really strong Witch Queen campaign. I really want to play Destiny again though, when this game is on form there's nothing else out there that comes close. 

Fingers crossed that something from the new season will intrigue me enough to jump back in. The Lightfall livestream is starting soon:

• I'm playing loads.
    Will be all in on new season too as Iv enjoyed last one.
    Just wish we had more playing so we could get raid teams together, especially with the rumoured return of kingsfall.
    Just short of 20 mins for stream.
  • Yeah okay Lightfall looks amazing.
  • LOADOUTS!!! Finally. New season looks great as well, I'll be jumping on.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I play daily stormy. Always happy to help if you need a fireteam.
  • Trailers for Lightfall and Season of Plunder:

• Olimite wrote:
    I play daily stormy. Always happy to help if you need a fireteam.

Much appreciated, cheers! 

Looks like Davie was right about the raid as well. I was very late to OG Destiny and never played King's Fall so I'm quite looking forward to that.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I haven't played since last October and at this stage I am unsure if I will be back. Didn't play The Witch Queen (first exapnasion I ever missed) or any of the intervening seasons. I don't have a huge amount of free time these days so that definitely contributes to it.

Shall see what the coming weeks bring.

Also, to the Badgers of Destiny Old Guard:

KING'S FALL!
  • So i booted this up and the witch queen campaign seems to be free to play! or at least first few missions, it's pretty good
  • Bunge have got the seasonal dripfeed down at this point, for my money.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I am trying to get back on this but ugh, I just feel physically ill when I log in... Fucking check-list simulator now.

Someone change my mind.
  • Just started this to get me off elden ring (bought witch Queen in sale).
    Have been wondering what it was for ages.
    No clue what I'm doing but it's very good. Is this what halo infinite was trying to be?
  • halfgone wrote:
    Just started this to get me off elden ring (bought witch Queen in sale).
    Have been wondering what it was for ages.
    No clue what I'm doing but it's very good. Is this what halo infinite was trying to be?

Halo would love to be destiny lol.
    Add me if you want help or anything.

• Thanks, it's fairly impenetrable but obscenely moreish. And looks gorgeous.

Speedhaak "Fucking check-list simulator now." - that seems accurate, but what a check list! Like a beautiful actuary who loves their job and has an asmr type voice.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I am trying to get back on this but ugh, I just feel physically ill when I log in... Fucking check-list simulator now.

Someone change my mind.
    No.

Any time away and you realise what the game has become. Beautifully polished and great gunfun but just... no. I have a job and don't need another. I have tried booting it up again a few times over the past few years and inevitably walk away quickly, shaking my head at the state of the fucking thing.

Not enough hours in the day for the nonsense. Great game but... I've had my time on the wheel. It was wonderful but it's not for me anymore.

• It does help that I play no other games whatsoever. Nearly 4k hours as of current, since Autumn '19. Basically perfect Covid content, I will always pay attention to this rather strange AAA title now.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I am trying to get back on this but ugh, I just feel physically ill when I log in... Fucking check-list simulator now. Someone change my mind.
    No. Any time away and you realise what the game has become. Beautifully polished and great gunfun but just... no. I have a job and don't need another. I have tried booting it up again a few times over the past few years and inevitably walk away quickly, shaking my head at the state of the fucking thing. Not enough hours in the day for the nonsense. Great game but... I've had my time on the wheel. It was wonderful but it's not for me anymore.

Yeah I think the curtains have drawn on my time with Destiny. I haven't played since Nov 2021 - like stated above I bought The Witch Queen over christmas but I just can't deal with it. I guess as well, the few friends I have that play it play in such a mannor that makes me want to jump off a cliff. Like the kind of optimising everything to within an inch of it's life type attitude. I honestly don't know how they do it, and most of them have kids.

Besides, I never really returned to that feeling I got from the game playing with Badgers. Those first few years were just amazing. From first discovering the game and thinking the over-world actually mattered to entering Vault of Glass and Crota's End. That music in Crota's End as you enter the final boss room will forever stay with me, so perfect. What I mean by the way with the over-world actually mattering is that sense of exploration and wonder when you first play Destiny 1. You spend so much time exploring, wondering what's deep under ground on the Moon, hidden behind the city walls on the EDZ... now you just spend your time in orbit going from one instanced checklist simulator to another.

Yeah, Destiny 1 was amazing. Up there with Halo 2, WoW, PSO and Counter Strike for me. Many, many good memories and some great friends made. Destiny 2 was fun for a while as well but it has grown to be a massively diferent type of game in my opinion to that of it's predecessor. I'm glad that people enjoy it but this has been the absolute longest time I have ever had away and I doubt now I will be going back. Especially with two kids.
  • I started this again after Christmas, as Zinthos was up. It's great fun still playing with mates, but it's still got a big problem with wasting the players time. We both bemoaned the mod system, as we'd both been waiting for a particular mod to be sold by Ada. There is no other way to unlock it, and it's required for a particular build.

It seems the mod system is changing in Lightfall, and so they have unlocked all mods for players now. But why have I had to wait for Bungie to decide I can play with that mod now?

We also have all these different guns, but I can't play with the ones I actually want to. Deepsight sounded like a great idea at first for people who hate random rolls like me. But they way they have implemented it means that I have to play with a gun with perks I don't want, for a very long time until I unlock the perks I do want.
  • I dropped off this after the holidays as its too addictive and time goes too fast. I dont understand most of it And just go for higher numbers on things. Its too easy to keep playing it but I've shifted my attention to Control which seems to be a real gem of a game.
  • I'm still playing regular, always up for helping others here or just making up the numbers etc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!