Detroit: Become Human - open the Cage and let the bonkers loose!
  • Fuck GDPR. Did privacy notices all day today.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Try being on the other end, I'm having to sort out so much shit for so many people. I wouldn't mind if the bits of the legislation involved actually made sense, but it's more pointless crap, like the fucking cookie warnings before, put in place by people that don't understand what they're doing.
  • On the plus side, if Detroit turns out to be a stupid mess, there'll be jokes to be made.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    GDPR on our side has been pretty easy, it just means if you don't follow it on every call its a sackable offence. You get one chance, coaching, then if it happens again cya.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is now the gdpr thread. Masses of changes for us, particularly when we have to raise a child concern at our management pupil support group - now we need to inform parents, which can make things quite tricky when it's a sensitive situation.
  • Christ I hadn't even heard of it until today.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Isle of Man? I think they’ve opted into it, but wouldn’t be surprised if not much fuss is being made of it over there. We deal with Moore Stephens over there and they used to keep telling us it doesn’t affect them. Except it does cos their clients (including us) are UK based. 

I suppose you also wouldn’t hear about it if your line of work doesn’t involve handling data.
  • I asked a dumb question here because I didn't think about it first. Nobody had replied, so now it's gone.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Isle of Man? I think they’ve opted into it, but wouldn’t be surprised if not much fuss is being made of it over there. We deal with Moore Stephens over there and they used to keep telling us it doesn’t affect them. Except it does cos their clients (including us) are UK based.  I suppose you also wouldn’t hear about it if your line of work doesn’t involve handling data.

We handle quite a lot of data as I'm applying for finance for people.

What are the bullet points fo the new ledge?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Isn't there an issue with GDPR in Secondary to do with children refusing to allow parents x access to their information or something? I can't remember the specifics.

GDPR is a complete clusterfuck. Almost nobody will be fully compliant in time and it's unbelievably hard to manage.
  • We should probably get teh Androids to do it!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Some solid 8 out of 10 reviews coming in.
  • I'd totally be playing the demo, this weekend, if my PSVR hadn't just arrived.
  • So Metro gave it a 6 (or 60 or whatever). Eurogamer have it neither a Recommended nor an Avoid so I assume it’s the average middle. However, both called it Cage’s best so far.

Think I’ll pick it up a few years down the line on the mega cheap then.
  • By the time I get round to playing the last one, this'll probably be on PS+.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, will grab for a fiver in a few years.
  • Gamesradar claim it made them cry,

Day one. Five chalices
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    One day is worth five chalices?

What's a five day game?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bob is spending £100 on this game confirmed
  • I'd happily give that to Cage personally. I'll buy two copies.
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hope you enjoy rape
  • I'm probably buying this when it's free on plus
  • Although to clarify I didn't realise it was out today so I'm not in day one after all.

No one enjoys rape Reg.
    The Forum Herald™
  • What about rapists?

And also David Cage?
  • Just completed this and I'm surprised to say I thoroughly enjoyed. Was only ever going to play it once it had hit the £20 mark but just started game sharing with a friend who pre-ordered it. Of the Cage titles, it's my favourite by a distance. The characters are surprisingly well fleshed out and the relationships between them develop in believable and a highly emotive way throughout the game, so that the threat of losing someone is tangible. There's a fair bit of QTE going on, but the windows for responding were fairly generous, even at the harder setting. There's a few identikit characters going on within, but I thought they were forgivable in the wider context. 

Without giving anything away, there were points where the situation, peril and general tone reminded me of The Handmaid's Tale. At it's core it's a game that looks at the depth of humanity an android can have. Whilst a few of the options I picked actually gave me wildly differing outcomes, this was a rarity and I found that the plot paths were fairly true to my intentions. The bog-standard in-game books you can read are well worth devoting time to, as they do develop your understanding of the game world in interesting ways. Yet, I'm still not sure that Cage can write a decent female role and there's a few times where you're reminded of previous accusations of misogynism. The in-game soundtrack was really decent as well and was well suited to the events its was supporting. 

Your decisions feel weighty, the plot develops in engaging ways (despite the odd predictable turn) and there 's very little filler within. I guess I spent around 15 hours or so completing the game. I'm normally not one for playing through SP games again, but I'm considering spending more time to find out how all the other plot paths differed (of which there are a great deal). 

I'm sure it will divide audiences; the negative responses it's had seem to revolve around it not going deep enough into the struggle for historical civil rights and contemporary issues. I just think within the confines of the game it's an enjoyable piece of science-fi entertainment with some moral issues within.  It's a fairly secure 8/10 for me.
  • Good.  I'm well in at £20, possibly a few quid more.  Wifey only plays the interactive movie stuff and pinball games so it's nice to have a shared gaming experience once in a while.  They'd mostly make for pretty wobbly Channel 5 fodder as films, but there's masses of extra leeway for wonkiness in the Cagey types of games when you're holding a pad.
  • I'm also quite happy that this sounds good as I'm looking for an interactive-movie game to play with the lady, who's a non-games-person but seems genuinely interested in the medium.
  • Have you tried her on the Windolene/Wendigo one?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I'm also quite happy that this sounds good as I'm looking for an interactive-movie game to play with the lady, who's a non-games-person but seems genuinely interested in the medium.

Until Dawn mate

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!