myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Heh, he's doing the track I was talking about earlier, it's the part after the tree. I was having trouble with, at the beginning.

Wanted to ask you if you new any top players streaming.
  • I reckon the stutters and sometimes bad load times are because of network stuff. Downloading ghosts and other things. Maybe. Although it should always be loaded by the time the level loads.
    The stutters are a bit annoying.
  • I agree - sometimes it stutters then complains it's offline. Then it stutters again and everything is back to fine.
  • It's been a bit like that since Evo in my experience, clipping and scenery filling itself in after that track has supposedly loaded and you're waiting to start. It's made its way to the menu screens now, with character models often only popping up after a few seconds.  It's no big deal but it does mean the series always seems to lack the level of polish it deserves.  The Switch version likes to hang on the map menu screens too.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks for the streamers DS, catched Blaze during my afternoon and he was doing a ninja track (I think). Look like a controller throwing challenge.

The freezes I have are actually during gameplay, and after playing some more yesterday I think I get it about 50 % of the time, in a random part of the track, and for a random length. It's pretty annoying and although I've only played the first a bit on the 360 I don't remember that one having something like this.
    I can live with it and hope they just manage to patch it or something, I can't really figure out why it happens as there doesn't seem to be a set situation for it to always happen.

Opened up the Europe part of the map last night, it's all still easy tracks but these are a lot harder. Haven't managed to 0 fault all of them, and I clearly forgot how Holland looks like...

I see only Shabby and DS on the friends leaderboards for these tracks, curious if you've put a little bit of time into getting those times or if it was just a "just get it done" time? I have trouble catching up but only gave each track about 5-10 tries.

Also noticed they put the more interesting poses etc behind the acorns, which I assume are bought with real money? Not that it matters that much, I just wish they never put that awful sound behind the "mooning" one or whatever it's called. That one is really wrong.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can get acorns by finding squirrels on levels. Five per discovery, and there's about 35 in total. Well hidden though so just follow a YouTube guide.

Regarding times, I've only put time into Braking Bad. The rest are just completed either first time or to a gold standard. I won't accept bronze or silver.

I also get those freezes, though only occasionally. A lot of people on the official forums have raised it.
  • Ninja tracks unlocked.... Not going to try them for now as inferno 5 was hard enough. Need a little break for my hands to recover.
  • I may have made a mistake double dipping on this. Thanks to the progression system I might not have the inclination to double unlock everything, and as expected I've been playing mostly on Switch (which is absolutely fine for the most part, honest). My plan was to go Bone for forum competitions and serious trackattacking, but apparently the grind is real. I've got two copies now though, so I doubt I'll bother to get rid of one. Will we be doing standard tracks or user generated ones for the forum comps? Are we doing one?
  • Regarding times, I've only put time into Braking Bad. The rest are just completed either first time or to a gold standard. I won't accept bronze or silver.

Same for me, if any of my times show up (as Moot on Switch or CyberRazorCut on Bone). I played Ever Ever Everest for a good hour on the beta but I doubt it's saved my time.
  • Beta times didn't carry over. Your skills at the track will have :)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I may have made a mistake double dipping on this. Thanks to the progression system I might not have the inclination to double unlock everything, and as expected I've been playing mostly on Switch (which is absolutely fine for the most part, honest). My plan was to go Bone for forum competitions and serious trackattacking, but apparently the grind is real. I've got two copies now though, so I doubt I'll bother to get rid of one. Will we be doing standard tracks or user generated ones for the forum comps? Are we doing one?

I don't know how some of the extremes will be at all possible without analogue throttle. The last vertical wall literally requires them in order to ascend.
  • I have no skills other than perseverance.
  • I've started using the right stick for throttle on Switch, despite initially insisting there was no way it'd work for me. I'm not a Switch port apologist btw, the big boy version is markedly superior, but I'm such a sucker for handheld gaming while half watching TV I'm willing to take my lumps. I've only played the Bone version up to the Rhino unlock so far.
  • It makes a lot of sense. Glad to hear the analogue throttle is working out - the switch pro controller is really nice in my opinion.
  • It is, but I haven't got one as I rarely use it on the telly.
  • Then you are likely to get super hand cancer from the switch nubs.
  • Yup, neither the nubs nor the hands will last. If I had to bet on what will be first to go it'd be the flimsy minus button (used for restart).
  • Well I’ve only had about two hours so far but it’s safe to say I’m loving this. Proper Evo feels. Fingers crossed that we get some decent forum TTs going, have very fond memories of the Evo TT comp. Even the wife used to enjoy seeing me trying to squeeze past sparky at 9:59 on a Monday night. That sounds a bit dodgy reading it back...
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I have played this a lot since release, to the extent I'm semi not enjoying it. It's OK though, I still love it and I'm not going to stop.

First ninja complete. It was quite hard, but I'm getting better at controlling the bike like you're supposed to.
  • That's the Mantis unlocked for me, just before my hands seized up. Loving it.
  • Plus playing in handheld mode means I've
    also half watched a bunch of celebrities somehow manage to annihilate their bodies with minimal quantities of fast food.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lads merking me on this, I'm only like level 49 now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    DS am scrub confirmed.
  • I haven't played this but the talk about loading and things popping in interests me; the devs probably have targets to hit re. boot / load times, so do what they can to ensure these hit targets. That could mean getting players in fast and loading in what you don't have to have immediately, later.

Stutters during playing could well be ghost related and an anti-cheat measure? I dunno, I'm acting like I'm an expert but I'm not at all. Any kind of delays make me think server response time tho, which in turn makes me think it's decreed that the client needs to confirm with the server that xyz is legit. Tbh I think it may be better to assume it's all legit, have a smooth experience, then validate at the end, and give an error if there's a server-client disagreement.

I've been working too much lately :/
  • The pop in could also improve the more you play, as things are cached, I dunno.
  • Anti-cheat makes sense, and it's crossed my mind. Who knows.

No pop in on PC.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just played this while B was home. He says the framedrops are probably streaming issues. Game just can't load all the assets quick enough. Also thought the Holland track wasn't how he remembered it.

Watching a stream earlier today (noticed DS sharing some elder wisdom in the chat) and at some point the textures on background buildings were magenta. Just couldn't load the textures in time. I don't know why they haven't toned down on all that background stuff a bit, Reddit is full of complaints about this too. They must have noticed that during development and must have known that people wouldn't be happy with unstable framerate in a speedrunning game. I'm playing on a Pro, would expect that to be smooth as soon as the loading screen has gone.

Also, forgot to take a screenshot but I'm ahead of both Shabby and DS on an easy Asia track (also forgot which one). Think I might retire.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!