Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've had an hour or two now, enjoying it.  Golds in all of NA easily enough, so onto the next lot.  Spent a good chunk of time trying to do a contract with a large number of back- and forward-flips required, plus no crashes, finally nailed it before bed.  More tonight I hope.
  • Ninja 2 done.... (yellow belt) ! My time has not gone up however, as for whatever reason the connection to the server was lost. I got a bronze as well (which I'm pretty impressed with myself for).

I can do it again, but.... 

I promise I did it and all, honest.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kudos mate. I don't have the inclination to play this or anything right now, and I haven't for a good while. Thought this would change that but seemingly not.
  • I get it. The horrible grind through the hard levels probably won't help that either.
  • How can I minimise the grind as I'm going through? I hate going back on myself in games, it always feels like arbitrary bollocks. I'm getting 0 faults and gold on everything but I'm guessing that's not enough?
  • Kudos mate. I don't have the inclination to play this or anything right now, and I haven't for a good while. Thought this would change that but seemingly not.

Welcome to (near) middle age my man. I'm expecting to get back into games when I hit my late 40s early 50s maybe, I think. Atm I play a bit of iidx every now and then, plus whatever I'm working on. Anything else? Not really. Probably a phase but it's been a phase for a few years now, I'd just rather spend time with the gf or consume other media. I still enjoy following things, for the most part.

• Wasn't there a thread for gaming malaise?
  • I honestly reckon I'm on the other side of the malaise. I was forcing myself to play most things 5-10 ten years ago, clockwatching to make sure I played for at least 45mins, but I just don't get bored like I used to (probably thanks to mostly playing short games).
  • Yeah, me too. I've had a few periods where I couldn't stomach playing, but I'm enjoying this. Don't sweat it, and play when you get the urge - otherwise you'll make it worse.

Also it's fucking bullshit that I've done Ninja 2 three times now and it still won't post!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    How can I minimise the grind as I'm going through? I hate going back on myself in games, it always feels like arbitrary bollocks. I'm getting 0 faults and gold on everything but I'm guessing that's not enough?

This is basically me too, but I'm kinda doing challenges as i go along too.  So I'm level 31 having only just unlocked the Easy levels in Asia.  Slow and steady, cos I haven't trialsed in quite a while.  Kinda looking forward to some medium levels though I must say...

Enjoying the diploma, meanwhile.  Got an A on Vertical Landings which took a while, not quite managing to get enough in a row to get the A+, but it's been useful training...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Getting at least 2 nephews to 'start' the game on the same save does a good deal for your xp as well. There's one hell of a lot of free grinding right there...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Cor blimey, tried the uphill landings diploma on Switch just now. Ended up with over 100 faults, 80+ of those on the final four inclines. Got an A+ but no clue how, it took me over half an hour.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nice work!

I've unlocked mediums now, level 37 or something so no mantis quite yet (but they're all still easy enough to gold with the Rhino)
  • I've only just realised that the university of trials tracks have contracts. They are much more fun than the wheelie ones as they're relevant to actually getting better.

I finally got my ninja time to post, with a silver medal. I've got my first platinum on an extreme track in the main game as well - I find them really hard. 

As it turns out I'm not that interested in improving times in the non-extreme or ninja tracks. The extremes+ feel like the real trials to me right now, and it's fun to have to learn rather than just bash my head against absolute perfection.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Cor blimey, tried the uphill landings diploma on Switch just now. Ended up with over 100 faults, 80+ of those on the final four inclines. Got an A+ but no clue how, it took me over half an hour.

That last hurdle is hard, but gentle throttle control is the key. Probably a lot harder on Switch!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Extremes are for fools. Let's fight.
  • I wanted to watch a stream of this but all I could find were people tinkering around with loot boxes and menus
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Not even trials the lord of games is safe from lootboxes shut it down lads
  • I haven't opened any loot boxes, I'm letting them build up so I can be astonished by how much crap they contain.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I left my first 30 in a pile.  And then opened them all at once.  It was so exciting, I got like 87 stickers and a new pair of handlebars and some gloves.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Things getting more fruity now I've got the mantis unlocked (and helium bought too in fact).  Onto the second set of mediums, A+ in the bunnyhop diploma, yadda yadda
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I left my first 30 in a pile.  And then opened them all at once.  It was so exciting, I got like 87 stickers and a new pair of handlebars and some gloves.
    Do you have to open them one by one like the demo? That was annoying.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You do but there's zero point. Just buy what ya want off the marketplace with in game currency you earn
  • Googled it, it's a BMX thing.  Far more useful than what I thought it would be.
  • It's the easiest bike for the extreme tracks. Unless you're interested in taking the mantis to its limits, don't bother using it for the inferno track. The last 2 obstacles are ninja difficulty, but straight forward on the helium.

On that subject, I am absolutely terrible at tyre obstacles. There's one in particular on Inferno that I just can't seem to do (without a fluke). It looks so simple on replays as well. I wish I had slow mo to see what I'm doing wrong.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    voices wrote:
    It's the easiest bike for the extreme tracks. Unless you're interested in taking the mantis to its limits, don't bother using it for the inferno track. The last 2 obstacles are ninja difficulty, but straight forward on the helium. On that subject, I am absolutely terrible at tyre obstacles. There's one in particular on Inferno that I just can't seem to do (without a fluke). It looks so simple on replays as well. I wish I had slow mo to see what I'm doing wrong.

Watch this in slow mo (fucking hard to believe this nutcase does all this on keyboard)

• Nina wrote:
    Just played this while B was home. He says the framedrops are probably streaming issues. Game just can't load all the assets quick enough. Also thought the Holland track wasn't how he remembered it.

Watching a stream earlier today (noticed DS sharing some elder wisdom in the chat) and at some point the textures on background buildings were magenta. Just couldn't load the textures in time. I don't know why they haven't toned down on all that background stuff a bit, Reddit is full of complaints about this too. They must have noticed that during development and must have known that people wouldn't be happy with unstable framerate in a speedrunning game. I'm playing on a Pro, would expect that to be smooth as soon as the loading screen has gone.

Also, forgot to take a screenshot but I'm ahead of both Shabby and DS on an easy Asia track (also forgot which one). Think I might retire.

While I'm on holiday?! Enjoy it while it lasts :P
  • I'm not hating the way this is set out at all.  I actually like the 'ten backflips' contract checklist stuff (I even like the elimination races at the end of a region), I just don't see why the gates to the next area need to be quadruple locked.
  • Anyone got any favourite tracks so far?  I quite enjoyed this one:

This guy wobbles his way through it a bit but it has a good line.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!