Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I think this game intentionally winds me up sometimes.

Playing IC and using Denim Form+ combined with Fire Breathing+, some cards that generate status cards and a few curses. Picked up snecko after finishing the first act in 5 or 6 turns. Annihilated everything from act 2 onwards and got (predictably) Unawakened as the boss.

Although snecko had been chucking out low cost cards for the majority of the latter 2 acts, for the boss it stacked all my defence cards at 3 so I couldn't turtle up until I'd done the first phase. Didn't even do the first phase in the end, just got merked.

Fucking game. It's there someone I can write a strongly worded complaint to?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Has to be done with Denim Form+

rs_500x1024-160108075340-634.Britney-Spears-Justin-Timberlake-Double-Denim.jl.010816.jpg
  • Haha!

Can someone explain the three coloured stones please?! I can get two of them easily but haven't seen the third, only see relics that say they'll remove it so don't know if that affects my potential to get it.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You get one from fires (don’t rest or upgrade)

One from chests (don’t take the item)

One from special elites (they have like a grey flaming aura around them). There’s one on each floor until you beat one. Best to do on floor one.
  • Yeah 1 & 3 I can get but when I open chests it says the relic is linked and taking it will remove the stone even though I don't have it?!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You take the stone not the relic.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    One or other not both so get the stone with a relic you aren’t bothered about.
  • OK, makes sense now. Thanks.
  • I don't think i can do the three stones. The aim of slay the spire isn't to beat the final boss, its surely to hoard as many relics as possible so you think you can beat the final boss.

Not picking a relic is possibly beyond me
    SFV - reddave360
  • as a general rule you can gauge how good your chest relic is by the size of the chest it's contained within. There are 3 sizes total. Small = common relic, medium = uncommon relic, large = rare relic. so if you're going for a heart run you probably more likely want to take the key token thing when/where the chest is small. Of course, there are lots of exceptions. bag of  prep and pen nib are two of the better common relics, plus there are others that synergise well with certain decks. 

can also use this knowledge to good effect  when you take cursed key as a boss relic. unless you have a shop immediately after your chest reward, you're most often better off not opening the chest/picking up the curse when the chest is small as it's rarely worth the tradeoff
  • Some relics don’t add to what you do that’s when you pick the blue stone. I think towards the end of a run getting, say, vajra - one strength - is kind of useless because you wouldn’t have got that far if your deck relied on such a small boost at that time.
  • as a general rule you can gauge how good your chest relic is by the size of the chest it's contained within. There are 3 sizes total. Small = common relic, medium = uncommon relic, large = rare relic. so if you're going for a heart run you probably more likely want to take the key token thing when/where the chest is small. Of course, there are lots of exceptions. bag of  prep and pen nib are two of the better common relics, plus there are others that synergise well with certain decks. 

can also use this knowledge to good effect  when you take cursed key as a boss relic. unless you have a shop immediately after your chest reward, you're most often better off not opening the chest/picking up the curse when the chest is small as it's rarely worth the tradeoff

I was today years old etc
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I’m loving Blasphemy card with Watcher. Specially as I have pyramid relic and can keep some nice attacks in hand for when I can just kill enemies off. Using that card that upgrades a card if fatal.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep only just discovered that last weekend.
  • Had this a couple of weeks now, or thereabouts. Just did first Heart on Asc 4. Was good fun.
  • That's impressive. Two weeks isn't much for that heart run.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Show off
  • Just beat asc4 with Defect using a build I’ve never done before. Had logs of Claws, plus a card that gets all 0 cost cards back. Plus relic that gives me a card draw if hand is empty. There were turns where I kept drawing claw after claw. Nice.
  • So many builds it's amazing. I played other card games because of this and they all turned out to be shit. One try one deck is bestest.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just did Silent Asc 13, nice normal poison deck.
  • Now up to ironclad ascension 16 with possibly the noddiest run of my life.

Start by taking the random rare relic (for health) and end up getting a relic spade. The route also happens to have four campfires the first of which dead branches and the first boss I get gives me corruption. I then proceed to get mummified hand (zero cost on a random card after every power), icecream (transfer energy between turns)

It was a bit ridiculous in the end and I kill the second form awakened in two turns.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That must have been fun. Talk about overkill :-)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Why do I always Anger The Mushrooms?
  • Because you're a fun guy?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Because it’s better than parasite!
  • yea act1 is all about taking risks. I play for  wins, not win averages.
  • I usually try to maximise elites and random but I'm not sure if that's the best tactic?
  • Ascension 6 heart killed in 3 rounds.

#Flex

(May have been 4 rounds, actually, cause of setup.)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wow!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Wow!

There’s a real easy way to do it:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!