Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I mean I sort of consider it, but I'm not checking my draw pile all the time like Noxy was.

I like to think it looks as though I am making multiple layers of calculation for every turn; breaking down all the possibilities and permutations into probability packages which need to be repeatedly cross referenced. In reality I just have a sieve brain and sometimes I check my draw pile multiple times per turn because I've already forgotten what I saw the last time. 

I'm definitely prone to making clumsy mistakes if not careful. Especially orichalcum. I don't think I have ever had that relic and not fucked up at least one turn with it.
  • Who doesn’t instinctively click for five defence when there’s one energy left?
  • Heh, I play at 4x speed compared to noxy thus make about 20x mistakes. Which often results in gruesome/hillarious death especially with watcher lol.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I tend to get mixed up with cards and relics from previous games and make stupid mistakes!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I love how this game challenges you to come up with new play styles. Swapped out my starting relic with Silent earlier and got Pandora's Box - ended up with no defence cards. Managed to get to the Champ on a wing and a prayer.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    I love how this game challenges you to come up with new play styles. Swapped out my starting relic with Silent earlier and got Pandora's Box - ended up with no defence cards. Managed to get to the Champ on a wing and a prayer.

lol. Inspiration. Did same with watcher on AC17, got a good balance of awesome stuff. got 4 energy with first boss, and snecko with second boss. Picked up good stuff along the way, ended up being able to generate divinity every other turn with 0 cost retained cards. Donuts got fucked.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ac19 with Silent. Wish me luck.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Where he’s going he doesn’t need luck

Spoiler:
  • Gremill wrote:
    I love how this game challenges you to come up with new play styles. Swapped out my starting relic with Silent earlier and got Pandora's Box - ended up with no defence cards. Managed to get to the Champ on a wing and a prayer.

Did the exact same on a run yesterday (also lost to champ funnily enough). It actually made act 1 so easy. I've enjoyed swapping the relic but I did get the one which gives you the extra energy point but no gold. That's a hard task having only 99 gold for the whole game....
    SFV - reddave360
  • Facewon wrote:
    Ac19 with Silent. Wish me luck.

Got time eater to half health on first attempt. Not bad.
  • Fucking Tiny House! Three times in a row on relic swap!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Madness. If I'm really honest with myself, and for some time I  haven't been,  right now I think defect is my fave character. Don't think I've felt this way since the first week of owning the game. I think a lot of it owes to the potential for rapid energy accumulation; things like stacking hologram and turbo for these complex bursts of nifty deck manipulation chains, which all multiply in awesomeness with echo form, or teetering on the brink of infinite turns by throwing in double energy and a bit of card draw. Plus any time I get meteor strike working is always a good time. 

I will try and enjoy this defect love while it lasts, because no doubt eventually I will return to the one true champion, silent. 

Starting to enjoy watcher again too, although I find my decision making with her quite fomulaic. Not sure if the card choices I make- and keep on making- are often the best ones, or it's just my bias showing. For example, I will almost always take talk to the hand, when offered. And naturally when I have talk to the hand then tantrum becomes a no brainer. And then with tantrum you really end up needing a rushdown too. And then naturally with the extra wrath cards you need an empty fist or fear no evil. Without snecko most of the time it makes sense to have a 0 cost card too, so I'll take that flurry of blows when offered. Plus near enough every deck seems to benefit from a cut through fate and a wallop too. Or if we still have the starting relic, surely a crush joints also makes sense. And only very seldom will I turn down vault when I get the chance, or lesson learned if we aren't past half way through, or scrawl if we don't have runic pyramid, or wish  if ive got anything more than 3 energy per turn. And so it sometimes feels like every deck drifts towards having one of everything, with the exception of mental fortress, maybe my fave watcher card for stacking, which I would sometimes take 5 of if I get the chance. 

Anyone else also find this happening?
  • Obviously that's kind of a crude example, and lots of potential synergies override this predictable chain of decision making, but it does feel as though my choices often have a familiar drift. 

On an unrelated note, I really wish they would make it possible to check the draw pile from the scry screen. Really surprised this hasn't been patched in.
  • 100% with you on watcher.

Flurry is absolute catnip for me. 

I think that was the hardest thing when she first dropped, tbh, all her cards seem to do something you can think of a use for.
  • You're ridiculously overpowered in the Daily today (presuming they're the same everywhere), if anyone wanted a very easy run.
  • Relics instead of cards and everyone is +3 strength? Even if that's not the same as you, it sounds good to me!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yeah, sounds it - craft your own deck of 10 etc. Was the easiest run I’ve ever done, going to try my 8-yr old daughter on it later cos hopefully she’ll get quite far.
  • Cool idea. Don't know 8f I could get mine to move from watching to playing.
  • I feel like the daily run is purely about score.
  • Finally beat asc4 with Silent. Gambled with the transform 3 cards relic again, this time after act 1 boss cos other 2 relics seemed shit.

Picked and bought some poison cards including corpse explosion. What won the game for me in the end against Awakened One was draw-discard-energy cycle again but with ice cream relic too. I thought I was done for but I inched my way to victory. Applied a little poison here and there and kept drawing and discarding and gaining energy and helped that I could just block lots tiny bit of poison here and there. Second form, used the power cards and eventually did a triple poison on him and boom. 

So satisfying. It never felt an overpowered deck like it sometimes can, just a resourceful well used. I know it’s only asc4, I’m not great, but it felt like a great victory to me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Jut smashed AC19 with Silent. Mega shiv run.

o cost cards do +4, x2 Accuracy (1 upgraded), Girya maxed, All the good shiv cards, Ninja scroll. The only thing I didn't have was one of the do 3 attacks for X relics.

Absolutely monstered all the bosses after act 1. (had upgraded phantasmal killer too, so my best damage with a single shiv was 42. (Got a vulnerable card late game, but never got to do phant killer + all upgrades plus vulnerable, to see what happened, but considering there were turns I was taking bosses from 150+ health to 0, who cares.)
  • )
  • Just managed AC20 with Ironclad with a properly cobbled together run. Didn't get the heart, or indeed the two elites in act 4. Guess I should be pleased, but always seem to be left unsatisfied with this game.
  • Thought I'd mix things up and go back and start heart runs again. Started ac1 with ironclad. Smashed heart on first go.

Lol. Good to remind yourself that you know how to play when you've been bashing against ac20 for a while.

• Yeah it's handy to go back for thr confidence boost. Asc20 is exhausting.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Finally beat the heart with watcher on Asc4, woohoo!!!
    Now what?
  • On it!
  • So the Boy started a Silent run and swapped out starting relic.  He got the dome thing where you get energy but can't see any intents.  I've never been brave enough to go for that.  He said "let me just see how far I can get"...

...I just saw him get his first Silent clear!  He had two fairies in bottles but didn't need to use them.  Plays his cards super fast too and would've done even better (easier run) if he thought about it more.

I wish he would play this more.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!