Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Then yeah, surely a mod.

I haven't dived into the mods for ages.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Gremill wrote:
    What's this stuff where you can play as enemies?
    Gremill wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    ? A mod? I dunno.

It came up on my YT recommendations, some guy playing as a gremlin mob.

• Fuckin page turn.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    ? A mod? I dunno.

It came up on my YT recommendations, some guy playing as a gremlin mob. Apparently it is a mod called Downfall.

Edited
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Just when I was about to give up on this, I've had an epic asc12 run with IC. Dead Branch and Corruption early doors, then shuriken, callipers (only 15 block removed at end of turn), Snecko, Pen Nib, Denim Form+ and a few body slams. Basically didn't take any damage from mid-act 2 onwards. Was doing 250+ damage on one card in some turns. Mental.

IMG-20210804-145541.jpg
    Gamertag: gremill
  • So I've got all 4 to A20 but cannot beat the...
    Spoiler:

I've been trying to recreate this awesome deck with the Watcher

E5z02NSVUAQZY1x?format=jpg&name=small

Was reaching divinity every other turn and occasionally every turn with upgraded Vault and using Wallop in wrath mode for defence. I get fucked everytime I get that Irritating fuck that only lets you play 12 cards though.
  • My iPad version has suddenly got even worse today; a map that looks like it’s come from a phone version and cards are completely sticky now. Hopefully it’s a blip.
  • I think you can Vault through the 12 card turnover if you play it as the 12th card.
  • I've been "stuck" on ac20 with watcher for weeks. Have been within a turn of beating second boss once, and made it to first or second a dozen times. But can't get over the hump.
  • I'm really enjoying Defect right now. I love Silent but it can take forever to do a run. Defect tends to be fast and mental.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'm really enjoying Defect right now. I love Silent but it can take forever to do a run. Defect tends to be fast and mental.

I find I die a lot really early with the Silent, really struggles with 2 of the early elites. Just had a real good run with the Watcher. A20 final boss. Necronomicon + Wallop was a great combo. Got a couple of shit hands against the dog thing and died without getting to part 2. Wallop, Evaluate and Tantrum for me seem to be the best early cards for my liking.
  • And as per, it's a weird ol deck with nothing specific going on that finally gets me across the line with Watcher. Very dependant on some relics, tbh. Pen nib with Ragnarok, the card that ups damage by 5-8 for next attack and divinity at the right time did a lot of work. Had Foreign influence and Random Power card for free too. Got Fasting with no way to up energy for first of the final battles, so yeah, didn't use it. Still, snail copped single turn damage out the wazzoo when divinity lined up with Pen Nib and Ragna. Plus Foreign Infuence had thrown me the awesome defect card that does 26 damage to all. (with divinity etc and some other buffs was doing over 100 on some hits.)

That's AC20 done with all characters. You know I'm going back for heart runs now.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Outstanding work Face.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one Face. I still dip my toe back in now and again. Smashed out two great Defect runs the other (13 and 14), play solely on iPad now.

Currently at

IC - AC20 done

The rest running 17/15/12

Will get there eventually before seriously looking at heart runs. Think I’ve only managed IC and Silent.
  • There was me feeling really chuffed that I finally got my defect and silent up to level 8....
    SFV - reddave360
  • Doing better than me! I played for the first time in a couple of months. Picked Silent, Asc6. Almost had it! Timekeeper fucked me. Was pretty easy until then.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Timekeeper is the worst. If I see him as the boss I instantly get 7 vulnerable and weak...
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Timekeeper is ok as long as you aren’t playing the zero card game. Really screws up shiv decks.

Which is what I just used to put away Deca and Donu at Asc17. Lovely combo of 3 blade dances combined with 2 upgraded accuracy, envenom and after image. Was a bit close at the end as envenom didn’t turn for about 5 deals but managed to snag em with 14hp left.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And that’s yer Asc 18 done with Silent. Very similar deck with double after image meaning I had tons of block for The Awakened One.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Timekeeper is ok as long as you aren’t playing the zero card game. Really screws up shiv decks.

This is absolutely where I fall down because I tend to build silent and defect around their zero cost cards, especially if I can get scrape, all for one and ftl cards for the defect.

Going the orb route has worked for me especially with static electricity working as a kind of thorns approach but generally I find I can destroy most everything up until timekeeper and then it's either a damn hard battle to the end or I don't even get going.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Fucking beat it! Now to do it with the other 3. So pleased:

E8xmpRSVUAETEZQ?format=jpg&name=large
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice! Must get back to Watcher.
  • Facewon wrote:
    And as per, it's a weird ol deck with nothing specific going on that finally gets me across the line with Watcher. Very dependant on some relics, tbh. Pen nib with Ragnarok, the card that ups damage by 5-8 for next attack and divinity at the right time did a lot of work. Had Foreign influence and Random Power card for free too. Got Fasting with no way to up energy for first of the final battles, so yeah, didn't use it. Still, snail copped single turn damage out the wazzoo when divinity lined up with Pen Nib and Ragna. Plus Foreign Infuence had thrown me the awesome defect card that does 26 damage to all. (with divinity etc and some other buffs was doing over 100 on some hits.) That's AC20 done with all characters. You know I'm going back for heart runs now.

Sounds like your deck was significantly different from mine. That's what I really love about the game. Though I can really only find one Iron Clad deck that has warranted me success which includes a lot of doubling your block and using body slam.
  • I have worked how to make most ways work, at least at lower ascensions. I mean, for IC, the obvious answer is Str and Heavy blow et al. 

But I've had fun doing the block route, but equally, fire breath etc and exhaust mechanic can do a lot too.

(And you usually end up with mixes of all of this because each floor has a counter to leaning into one option too much.)

Have got to heart alot with my ac2 runs with IC at the moment. Struggling to finish it off as it's easy to get away with less than optimal decks early on at ac2, so I get to heart with all manner of shit going on. 

Good fun being back on IC though. Exhaust is so fun.
  • And another! Jesus, trying for weeks then in the space of 2 days I do it twice. Ironclad and Defect yet to go:

E81fuXfVcAIQW1w?format=jpg&name=large

Also nightmare with upgraded Catalyst was my friend:

E81fuXkVgAEZnLN?format=jpg&name=large
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well done! I’m chasing 19 for Silent right now. It’s a struggle.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A long hard fight to get to it but finally Asc 20 down with Silent. First of the last bosses was Deca Donu so was feeling confident and smashed em with only 11 damage taken. But then I got the bloody Time Eater as the final boss which didn’t play well with a shiv hand and dead branch, but managed to muscle through. Just Defect and Watcher to go.

3192-CD6-C-0458-40-B9-85-E7-B08-FCE4-A6630.png

C882-B6-F0-912-F-4547-B232-04-E8-F9-E60-D28.png
  • Nice one.

I just beat ac2 heart with ic. Snecko rides again.

Came close on ac1 with Silent too, but realised at heart that I was generating too much block with after image and Shivs. Still got it down to about 200hp.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good stuff!

I think I’ve done the heart with Silent once but can’t recall. Gonna do the other characters to 20 then take a breather for a while before hitting the heart.
  • I think at some point I need to learn to play this properly. I just do the dailies since I got to asc 2.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!