Witness The Fitness
  • I'd be up for a dry Feb agreement, can't do Jan because ny and bday.
  • Let's do it.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Giving it up booze ain’t that hard tbh.  You feel fucking great for it longer term too.
  • Fucking Sick Boy over here.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I’ve not been able to train much since covid. Hoping my chest clears properly soon. Gonna try get 1000 running miles in over the year, just because I signed up for the strava challenge.

I did a self imposed 1000km swim in a year a few years back.  I was bang on track until mid October when i had a surgery with stitches that meant I had to stay out of the water for 6 weeks.  It taught me never to commit to such a long term goal because you can basically just get fucked over by life right AT THE VERY FUCKING END.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Fucking Sick Boy over here.

Tbf i actually re-discovered booze this last year and really like wine now.  I mean I’m still only talking about a couple of glasses a week (at the absolute most), but I’m not really a tee-total-er at the moment.  I’ve been dragged back in.
  • Yeah, I suspect that's maybe why Strava haven't got such long term things on there. Still, I'll keep it in mind, see how the next couple of months go. I need an event to train for really, but can't see there being any this year.
  • I actually tried to break the 6 week curfew to see if i could get away with it and make the goal after a couple of weeks.  Basically turned the pool red within 400m and got out all ashamed.

The nurse also left some stitches in me and a couple reared their heads about a year after they were meant to have been removed.  I went back where they apologised and said that was defo it there’s no more and now here i am another 12 months on with another couple about to poke back out.  Key workers they may be but i reckon mine was a bit of a cowboy.
  • Cycled 41 miles 2300 feet elevation yesterday, new record for me. Considering i had covid really really bad in march and i didnt road cycle before covid i'm pretty pleased with that.

BMI is 24, body fat % is 19 and waist size 32 inches. 2 out of 3 of those measurements are good (bmi is bad but i am quite well built.)

I'd like to lose at least half a stone. It seems no matter how much i exercise i can't shift that unless i become very strict with my food. Would like to try cutting out bread for a start (easier said than done, i bloody love bread.)
  • Nice. I did a marathon a few months after having surgery, I pretty much broke at 22miles and hobbled the last few. Was awful. Fortunately I didn't do any lasting damage, but it was definitely too soon, don't think I can blame any shoddy surgery.
  • It feels like a weird start to the year. I'd love to take up a weekly Tai Chi and Krav Maga classes. But that will have to wait for awhile. Haven't been running in over 2 years so im gonna start from scratch again. Get to 5k first and then see if my body will allow me to get to 10k or just stick to 5k. Jogging can give me lower back pain so i need to be careful with it.

I think for the first time ever this year im also going to concentrate on mentally improving myself. Sounds weird i know but i was thinking meditation and pray (yes hylian i am going to start praying, better now then never. Recent events have made me contemplate what i am doing). Daily affirmations as well if i can.

Obviously try to eat cleaner as well. Its alot so i will have to gradually add it in step by step but as they say if you can get through 6 weeks of any new behaviours/actitives then it becomes part of your life.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Fucking Sick Boy over here.

Genuine lol.
  • Joe Wicks youtube sessions, 30 minutes each day

I'm doing these once or twice a week as well as cycling, they are great. I find that the day after i'm ok, the day after that i am in more pain! Like the delayed muscle pain thing. (I got it crazy bad once when i went back to gym after 3 years absence and lifted loads of weights, woke up with t-rex arms.)
  • One day down 30 to go.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I done a jog!
  • No chance of that up here, it's like a skating rink. Absolutely no gritting at all. I'm not even sure Glasgow council still exist.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Nice one muzz. I was inspired to go for a little trot last night, did 5 miles this morning too. 4lbs Christmas weight gain to work off, not too bad all told.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I played Destiny. Had to run around lots of planets.

Will be starting properly tomorrow.
  • I'm struggling with running. Bike 40 miles no problem, run 4 miles, everything hurts, especially knees and right side of hip. I think i will just pack it in and bike/walk/swim instead. I do enjoy a nice long walk with a podcast, apparently a brisk walk is very good for you especially if you engage your glutes core and arms.
  • Went for a walk just there, about 30 mins, it's a nice day. Picked up some cans on the way home.
  • Thanks to Elf, Daddy and Muzzy for the advice on kick starting things in terms of fitness. 

Think I'm lucky in that I'm not starting from a terrible place, but I figure its best to get started now then wait for it to really become a problem. Bread and Pasta would be 2 of my biggest enemies along with Soda Drinks (especially since kicking the Booze) but my main aim is a mix of improved diet (sticking to whole foods as much as possible) and a bit of light exercise (Small morning routine, some good brisk walks and maybe a bit of running too) 

I've been costing on fitness because of working in the restaurant (between taking in deliveries and the constant up and down of stairs its a good work out) but I need to get in some form of proper shape. Going to start Monday and keep a journal of how I do.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I have no heating at home its 2 degree outside so I am burning excess calorie by doing nothing but sitting on thr sofa and trying not think how cold the house is.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I had that about two years ago. Boiler was knackered for a week. Get yourself a little blow heater and close off one room.
  • Yeh thats what we have done. Why do boilers never go wrong during the summer?
  • Because they don’t need to work as hard and don’t then get knackered? Our heating is fucked. Plumber coming round on Wednesday.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I went back where they apologised and said that was defo it there’s no more and now here i am another 12 months on with another couple about to poke back out.  Key workers they may be but i reckon mine was a bit of a cowboy.

I've had that, so I guess it's pretty common. I left mine for a good while and just pulled 'em out.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Yeh thats what we have done. Why do boilers never go wrong during the summer?

Because it is the Lord of Winter who breaks them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Another jog! Though it did nearly kill me (fuckin cold out too). 15s a km quicker than last week, but stamina way down on a year ago so was struggling 6km in and basically stopped lol. Want to get a 10k under my belt this month if I can, even if it's slow.
  • Nice one muzz. Get the miles in and the pace will sort itself out.

I haven’t been out this week, managed a gym sesh (work gym hiit with a couple of colleagues) on Monday before lockdown. Not gonna risk running on the icy paths this weekend, plus my chest is still full of shit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!