Witness The Fitness
  • Thanks yeah i plan to train over the year, been reading stuff like this https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/training/marathon/a776459/marathon-training-plans/ - i'm just looking to finish don't care about time
  • If you're skipping steps anyway, go full ultra!

Good luck. I marvel at anyone who can do more than 5k.
  • 10k was more than enough for me, don't see me going even that far again any time soon!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    10 is my ideal 'get out and just run for a bit ' distance. I can do that without worrying about what I've been eating, and I can just zone out for a bit, put a podcast, or audiobook on and run
  • My stamina is fucked lately, mostly because of plantar fascitis in both feet and very sore ankles.
    Many years of high impact martial arts and road running have taken their toll.

Now after a short jog to the local store (half mile or so) I'm in agony for the next day or so.

Boourns
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I was really struggling with my ankles in build up to my 10k and eventually treated myself to some expensive (well reduced to 90 is expensive to me if not compared to some other options) running trainers that made a huge difference compared to the cheapo discount ones I'd been using.
    Problem now is they make it too easy to run too fast and i burn up earlier!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Whenever I get new shoes I'm always sad that nobody asks me if they make me run faster
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Modern running shoes are legit amazing. My vaporflys save me a minute over 5k which is pretty crazy
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Yeah I got some NB Rebel v3 recently and they're legit awesome
  • Yeah i just got some Adidas Adistar CS for £70 delivered from sports pursuit they are insanely comfortable like tanks and clouds at same time
  • I’ve got a pair of Adizero, so light, that I used for half marathon in 2019. Might have to bring them out of I do get into the London Marathon for 2025.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    860,000 applicants, 50,000 including GFA etc. So you're probably safe...
  • Got a bit of a bargain on some ASICS Metaspeed Edge+ (never heard of them either, but seem to be ASICS version of alphafly type).

Tested them out in a race last night, seemed pretty nippy. I’m still recovering from my virus at the end of last month so wasn’t fully fit, but still matched my time at the same race from a couple of years ago.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Have been tracking my food recently to lose some lbs. 65g of porridge oats are 240(ish) calories?! Fuck off
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Is that bad/high?  How many calories a day are you aiming for?
  • Key thing is to balance them calories on how satiating it is.
    Porridge is high but filling so worth the calories.

I have porridge, whole milk and cocoa powder (just the 100% powder not hot chocolate drink) and it comes in at about 400cals but will keep me full up for hours.
  • Also nutritionally more valuable if you chuck in fruit, nuts etc. Don't forget your vits when cutting calories.

Banana, blueberries and honey is immense, imo. The colour not so much.

And balance against how active you are. Underfuelling in sport is a massive issue.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Is that bad/high?  How many calories a day are you aiming for?

Higher than I thought!
    LivDiv wrote:
    Key thing is to balance them calories on how satiating it is.
    Porridge is high but filling so worth the calories.

I have porridge, whole milk and cocoa powder (just the 100% powder not hot chocolate drink) and it comes in at about 400cals but will keep me full up for hours.

I have:
    65g porridge oats
    35g peanut butter
    25g protein powder
    110ml oat milk

Comes to 700ish calories
  • Dropping depth charges by early afternoon
  • That's good, but should be counted as a full meal I suppose rather than say just breakfast?  Or cut elsewhere.

My dinner is usually 300 calories or less.  Grilled chicken breast and some leaves and veg etc.  I do indulge a bit during the day.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    That's good, but should be counted as a full meal I suppose rather than say just breakfast?  Or cut elsewhere.

My dinner is usually 300 calories or less.  Grilled chicken breast and some leaves and veg etc.  I do indulge a bit during the day.

Yeah my lunch was 363 today. Dinner will be about 450 I think
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Dropping depth charges by early afternoon

Black coffee with the assist
  • Got back from a jaunt to the "central" location of Colchester for the wheelchair basketball playoffs.  Long story short, we are now national champions (div 3).

On Saturday we played the previously undefeated Cardiff Met team who were Div 3 South champions.  They were very young and quick, something I am neither of.  Beat them by 11 pts.

On Sunday we played the also previously undefeated Coventry team who were Div 3 Central champions.  This was a much closer game but we vanquished them by 4 pts.

My contribution was pretty limited as the disability classification system meant I could only get on if the coach does some very specific substitutions (one of those potential combinations was removed when one of our players left early to go and say goodbye to a very selfish Jurgen Klopp).  I'm also a very situational substitute, I go on when the coach needs to inject chaos/madness and break down an opposition's game plan.  I still got a winners medal.

Have I been sending pictures of said winners medal to Arsenal fans to show them what one looks like? no comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!