Witness The Fitness
  • Been trying to run every day of the year, the challenge being to hit 366 consecutive runs (on different days) as it’s a leap year. So far so good, 50 days done, an average of just over 2 miles per day. Only mild knee issues caused by a stile in the Yorkshire dales - shouldn't be jumping off walls at my age!

Hit 19:40ish for 5k at the weekend, fastest I’ve done that since 2019. So now it’s just getting my weight down and I might get back to my fastest.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    London Winter Run today. It is indeed wintery. I guess that's somewhat s advertised, but still...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Under 42 mins, pretty happy with that
    Spoiler:
  • Nicely done!

Got a couple of races booked in after having a year off. 10k in May and the Blaydon Race (~9k) in June. I’d be happy with 42 for the 10k, although I’ll hopefully be close to 40 by then.
  • Well done chaps.
    First time back in a proper dojo in a year on Wednesday.

Decided after 30 years of karate, wing chun and Kiryu Uchinadi Kempi Jujitsu I wanted to start something different as a complete white belt.

So I found a local judo club!

Went down there and had a great time. Very relaxed atmosphere, just 4 of us on the mats.
    Realised how much I miss the dojo.

Plus I ache like a bitch
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Pseudoscot wrote:
    So I've had a full week of sport. Wed - Wheelchair basketball practice Fri - Wheelchair rugby league practice Sat - WhRL pre-season friendly Sun - 2x Basketball games in a development league up in Penrith Monday I hurt a lot.  Today I hurt even more.  I am an old, old man.  I have socks older than some of my team mates. The Rugby League game was brutal and intense.  We lost by 2 pts thanks to one of the dodgiest refereeing decisions I have ever seen.  Our last minute game winning try was disallowed for a knock on.  My head was 2ft away from it when it was grounded and that decision was utter bullshit.  However, it was a pre-season friendly and we sent out a lot of the inexperience players to get game time.  We will beat this team when we play them in the league.  On the plus side I scored a full length breakaway try which amazed me more than the crowd.  I left the younglings to eat my dust.  Ha, not bad for someone who has been given the nickname 'silverback'. I had to get up at 5am to get up to Penrith in time for the early basketball tip off.  I was rather sore from the previous day but still managed to do quite well.  I scored a fair few points and really earned the 'bastard octopus' tag on defence.  We won the first game against a club's 5th team and then a couple of hours later won less convincingly against their 6th side.  The 6th's were children.  I felt no shame in being a twat.  Cross the line and you are in my house. lol TL:DR - Old man does a lot of sport in a short time.  Does well but is in a lot of pain now.  Totally worth it.

I kind of love the feeling of complete exhaustion after giving everything i have.

I have been a tiny bit slack recently. 

1 hour walk everyday
    1 hour footy twice a week
    on other days 20 minutes youtube workout (upper body or core mostly)

Which isn't too bad but compared to when i was cycling 60 miles a week i feel quite lazy

I need something new to aim for i think
  • I took part in the 2nd round of the one day wheelchair basketball tournament up in Penrith.  We won both games although the first one went to double ot.  I was the only player who played every minute of both games.  Did I wipe out a child who was travelling at full speed and tip them out of their chair?  No comment.  If I did, then the ref decided it was a clean hit.

I hurt everywhere today.  Totall worth it.
  • Hey guys.
    I’m doing 100 push-ups a day throughout April to help raise money for Cancer Research UK. Please show your support and help fund life-saving research by donating to my page. https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/charlies-giving-page-4810
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Wow! First donations have rolled in and it's two very generous amounts from two badgers on here!

Thank you so much!
  • Will chuck you some pennies Wooks.

I finally bit the bullet and signed up with a PT, after literal years of humming and having over it. Have given him 3 months to sort me out. Can't fully extend my arms so I'm sure that's something.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Will chuck you some pennies Wooks.

I finally bit the bullet and signed up with a PT, after literal years of humming and having over it. Have given him 3 months to sort me out. Can't fully extend my arms so I'm sure that's something.

Cheers Kaz.
    Well done on the PT. It's an investment in yourself:)
  • Wow. Only been a couple of hours and already close to my target.
    It's not even April.

Starting to realise I underestimated everyone's generosity here.
    X
  • My wheelchair basketball team managed to beat Lothian at the weekend to be promoted as champions with a game in hand.  I got meaningful minutes and even got on a the scoresheet a few times.  No hurting children this time either.

The lower divisions are regional so at the end of the season the champions of the North, Central, and South divisions (and the best 2nd place) go into a playoff weekend to determine the overall winner.  Promotion is unaffected but its a nice bit of fun at the end of the season.  This playoff weekend is supposed to be held at a "central" location and this year's chosen venue is fucking Colchester.  I've nothing against Essex but how on earth someone decided that was a suitable place for teams coming from all over the country is beyond me.
  • Hello all!
    Quick update.

Yesterday was the start of this month long challenge and I managed 4 sets of 35, 15, 25 and 25 reps with a few minutes rest between each.

Today I managed 40, 20, 20 and 20 reps with a few minutes rest between.

Focussing on wide hand press up stance right now, as deep as I can, ensuring full range of movement for each rep.

And it hurts like hell :)
    But in a good way!

2800 more to go! https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/charlies-giving-page-4810?feed=277fab21-8999-4588-a373-49ffb2ec2d69
  • 100 consecutive days of running in the bag, just over 300 miles done. Fitness has finally reached pre-covid levels, hitting consistent mid 19s for 5k, although I’m still heavier than I’d like to be. Drinking my way back out of fitness on holiday this week too. 266 more days to go!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Awesome stuff!
  • you're the daddy, the daddy!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Entered the ballot for the 2025 London Marathon! That’s going to be 6 years running now I think that I’ve entered. Hopefully this time I’ll get in.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think I’ve been entering for about 10 years, still no place. Such a relief.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol yep gonna enter too in the hope of not being selected.

Also planning on entering the Berlin ballot with a friend too, but that's similarly oversubscribed AIUI
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Down at the mini marathon today which is kinda a fun event. Team Enfield represent.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!