Witness The Fitness
  • One mum was giving their fat 7 year old way too much stick on the way round. :(
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    6:30 is very swift indeed!

And yeah, a few pushy parents at ours too, though tbh nothing too crazy. In just happy if mine finish!
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Those are swift times indeed!

I'd struggle to get 1k in at under 3:30 never mind two in at 3:15 each!
  • I did get quite annoyed with the dad behind me constantly going "You can catch him! Overtake Mbappe! You've got him now just reel him in" over the last 200m or so.

At 60m or so Cub put on the afterburners and we left them for dust. But, mate, encourage him all you like and if you want to do the competitive stuff, that's fine, but don't do it so the other small children can hear you.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    19m26s 5k just now, very happy with that!
  • That's a superb time.
  • Nicely done. Sub 19 awaits! I’m happy with 21 at the mo.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Guy from my running club did the same race as you muzz.
  • i'd be pleased if i could do 5k in 19minutes and 26 extra minutes.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    10k race this morning was absolutely brutal. Just melted, despite pouring water over my head at every drinks station. Ridic.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    10k race this morning was absolutely brutal. Just melted, despite pouring water over my head at every drinks station. Ridic.

You only have yourself to blame.

I stayed home in the shade
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • But well done mate, 10k is a great achievement anyway but in this heat doubly so
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    10k is the perfect distance, I reckon. Nicely done, muzz.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Long version: Recently I've been having really sharp pains in my left upper arm, between the bicep and tricep area. When it was really bad, it felt like I had shards of glass stuck in my muscles. I've had this before, but it was more a dull ache and would disappear after a day or two, happening maybe once or twice a year. I always just chalked it up to "bodies are weird, it always goes away" and ignored it. This time it's stuck around for a couple of weeks. When the pain spread to my neck (but not my shoulder, weirdly), and I was getting numb fingers, I thought I'd better go to the doctor. Popping ibuprofen before bed clearly wasn't doing the trick, and given my family history of massive heart attacks, I thought I'd better make sure this wasn't anything more nefarious. The doctor asked a few questions, and concluded it's an old sports injury. Which made me laugh, bar a few 10ks and half marathons, I've spent my life avoiding sport like the proverbial. He thinks I've damaged a tendon, which unlike muscles, can take a long time to heal, hence why the pain keeps yo-yoing on me. He recommended doing some exercises to strengthen my arm, and help the tendon heal. I've been pondering going back to the gym for a while, and if it makes this pain bugger off, then that's just a nice bonus. So, what exercises/machines at the gym can I do to help?

Short version: I've hurt my arm. Doctor says I need to get yoked. Which exercises/machines at the gym will help with the upper arm/shoulder/chest area?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm still doing HIIT. 12 sessions a month so it's 3 times a week most months. I'm feeling the benefits with respect to seeing me lifting a bit heavier though I've no ambitions for getting muscular but I want to tone up a bit. Weight coming down a bit and more importantly the %fat coming down too. I'm back on a proper eating regime now too which is accounting for the weight loss but I need a couple of stone off to get back to where I was. However I'm using my clothes and how they fit as the accurate guide.

Better at planking now etc but those crunch style exercises and anything to do with squatting are the real killlers. My body is still the heaviest thing in the room after all.  The worst by far is that wall standing thing - back to the wall, legs bent at 90degrees and holding weights for (40secs with 20sec rest) x 4. Fucking killer.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 6 months ago i couldn't do 1 pull up

Today, 40 pull ups (5 at a time), 20 at lunch, 20 in eve

Pretty pleased
  • Woah - full extension, overhand grip pull-ups? 40 is muy impressivo
  • I think yes? like arms all the way straight so essentially starting again and just the normal way you hold the bar.
  • Fuck me. That’s impressive. I can barely do 10. And I’m light too. Let’s straight at the bottom, just hanging but not swinging?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Lol look at us trying to find out if he’s kipping

It’s very impressive djorn, did you progress with clear goal in mind, what method did you use (like, every day starting at 1, 1, 1, 1 then 2, 2, 1, 1 sort of thjng until 5, 5, 5, 5)?
  • Rookie numbers. I can do 42. Straight arms, down by my side.
  • I can do 100, with just my cock. cock pull ups.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    But last week, Kyle quit the band. Are you back together again?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Short version: I've hurt my arm. Doctor says I need to get yoked. Which exercises/machines at the gym will help with the upper arm/shoulder/chest area?

Bump.
  • Do shoulder presses or incline bench presses. That’ll work the chest, triceps and shoulders etc. 

For biceps and upper back, do rows.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:

Bump.
    Oh balls, sorry I forgot to message you back! I'll do it after the school run, it's in my diary now

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Do shoulder presses or incline bench presses. That’ll work the chest, triceps and shoulders etc.  For biceps and upper back, do rows.

I have no idea what any of those things are. (But thanks, though, I appreciate it.) Pics?
  • Sorry. 

Shoulder press. Basically hold some weights (maybe use the single hand dumbells) at shoulder height with forearms vertical, press them upwards retaining vertical forearms. That’s it. Best is standing using a bar as it works than most muscle mass but I suggest you stick to seated using dumbells for now. 
    https://barbend.com/dumbbell-shoulder-press/

Incline press. Look for a bench that is… inclined. And not flat. Bar rack will be by head. This will work less shoulders than shoulder press but more chest. (Flat bench will work chest the most but forget about that.)
    https://barbend.com/incline-barbell-bench-press/

Rows. So many variations, but I suggest a seated machine row. There are tonnes of grip options, but if you can find one that allows slightly wider than shoulder width grip, and row it to mid chest (not belly button) that should hit your upper back more, more of your shoulder girdle muscles. 
    https://barbend.com/seated-cable-row/
  • Start with the absolute lightest weights. Work up gradually. Concentrate on slow cadence. 2-3 seconds on the effort (the pushing or the pulling) and even slower maybe 4 seconds on the resetting for next rep.

Form is king. Do it slowly and properly. To avoid injury and getting into bad habits.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!