Witness The Fitness
  • Gonna target end of sept for a sub 20, and if I manage that, end of Oct for a sub 19. Need to get something to focus on.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Well I've definitely got to an age where no exercise for a few weeks -> utterly fucked trying to get it going again

Managed to add about two minutes to my ParkRun time in a matter of weeks
    The Daddy wrote:
    I feel your pain. Two weeks in France seems to have allowed my bad foot to get better whilst simultaneously giving me a bad Achilles, dodgy knees, and resetting my fitness level to that of a smoking geriatric.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Gonna target end of sept for a sub 20, and if I manage that, end of Oct for a sub 19. Need to get something to focus on.

I should probably attempt similar. Need to see how my footy goes given my ankle is good enough to have me playing again...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lads I have started my fitness kick. Building cardio etc by doing stair exercises. 10 reps of up and down at pace every half hour til I've done 80 total. Gonna bump to 100 next week. 120 week after etc. Need to take additional rest due to my knees.

But it's actually working. Feel fitter already, can feel the burn in legs. I started off an absolute sweaty mess the first day but now done 40 so far today, fourth day, and not a drop of sweat.

Its 13 stairs so 26 up/down. Over 2k stairs per day. Then gonna move onto push-ups, sit-ups then eventually weight training. Kinda tired of being an overweight mess.

Not on any of your levels but feel absolutely committed to this. Need to lose at least 3 stone then tone.
  • Good man! Every little helps!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • That's Asda price
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • good man DS.

I joined the gym this week and managed 2 early morning visits in a row - took this morning off but hopefully back in tomorrow.
    Last few years i've just been constantly getting various niggly injuries, with the occasional bigger injuries whenever i try to run or play footy at anything more than a stroll. Decided i need to try to force myself to get to the gym to see if i can strengthen the weaker areas (which is pretty much everywhere) so that i can hopefully be a bit more robust and able to run around a bit without everything pulling at each turn! :)
    I really hate going to the gym, i hate getting up early (which is the only time i could fit it in) but hopefully i can at least keep going this time often enough to make the cost worthwhile!

Past form though suggests it's just a race between whether i give up in the next few weeks before i injure myself, or because i injure myself! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nice one DS

Ive been on a bit of health kick recently as well. Starting reading Fat Chance by Dr Robert Lustig and got inspired to kick sugar out of my diet bar very small amounts (and fruit because fresh fruit is fine), small amounts being a teaspoon of maple syrup in some yoghurt or a blob of bbq sauce with dinner a couple of times a week. Holy fuck the difference is insane. I'm not going to preach, everyone has their own methods but fuck me my energy, focus, sleep and general feeling of fitness are all through the roof.
    Along with that I've been eating clean in general, the bbq sauce is about the only 'processed' food I've eaten in about 10 days. Don't miss any of it, I can see this staying better than other things I've done in the past.

Im not counting calories as such but i reckon I'm only eating 1200-1500 cals a day based on rough estimates. Before anyone panics Ive got at least 2 stone in spare tyres to use up, about 100k cals. Always full up as well.

Exercise I have just been doing some weights and my usual dog walking. DS get on the weights if you can, buy some dumbells and get a basic routine. Muscles look good and burn calories at rest.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah I've got weights etc here. Just wanna build cardio a bit as been using the excuse of my knees too long. I'm not eating fully clean yet but prob only taking in about 1500 calories a day. Smaller meals by far. Mainly water intake with one coffee.

I was that unfit just walking the dog for 20 minutes got me sweating.
  • "He clocked four minutes and 20 seconds for his eighth mile"
    Elite runner in the great north run just taking the piss! ;)

I'm a pretty terrible distance runner but a good mile for me is double that....blows my mind to think the elite are literally running twice as fast as i can and for ten times further. :)

In better news though i have managed another week getting to the gym a few times. Going to try footy this week and then see if i can survive that and keep the gym going...

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah the 4m43s 2k WR the other day is kinda mind-blowing.

Also the fact that the best marathon pace is basically 8 consecutive sub-15min 5ks, like wtf
  • It’s so hot today too. Not much breeze and bright sunshine. St John’s are gonna be busy today I think, hope everyone gets through ok.
  • Hats off to anyone who's willing to exert themselves in any way during this heat.
    I can barely muster the will to stand up without soaking my shirt in sweat
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah the 4m43s 2k WR the other day is kinda mind-blowing.
    That's doing 14.15s for a hundred metre sprint...20 times without stopping.
    Mental
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Going back to HIIT after 3 weeks off (covid + 2 week holiday) was tough but not quite as tough as I anticipated. Back in the groove again.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Good stuff Davy.

I see my earlier post about joining the gym was on 17th august, and here we are on 18th september and i'd still consider myself a gym goer! which is probably a record for me.
    only downer is after 4 weeks of getting there fairly often but taking it steady and focussing on getting reps into problem areas, i went on saturday and decided to do some strength training - squats, deadlifts and bench press pretty much to my limit - then went again on sunday thinking i'd take it easy but then for some reason did the opposite.
    so today i'm suffering full gym ache! :) lower back and legs are stiff and sore to touch and walking down stairs is a danger cos my legs feel like they'll buckle each time i bend them! :P
    so hopefully this isn't the end and I'll get back to it in the next day or two, but i had to give myself the morning off! :)
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    2 hours in mid 20-degree spring warmth on Sunday and I graded to 1st kyu - last one before I test for my black belt next october (hopefully)

IMG_20230917_1327301082.jpg

Traditional post-grading donut was influenced by the fact it is Oktoberfest
  • Nice!
  • well quite clearly you've just got a certificate from someone else and tippex-ed out their name, that's cheating! ;)

well done for realz though!
  • Good stuff mate, well done
  • Don't mess with the Quest.

Nice one Questor.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    well quite clearly you've just got a certificate from someone else and tippex-ed out their name, that's cheating! ;) 

Shit, he's discovered my cunning plan!

Thanks guys, getting back into martial arts really helped my mental health through lockdowns and I discovered I have a real passion for it
  • I just had my first ever cholesterol test and got:

Total cholesterol: 3.21 mmol/l
    HDL 0.70 mmol/l
    Triglycerides 0.68 mmol/l
    LDL 2.20 mmol/l

Seems like I need to be eating way more healthy fats. What's the least calorific healthy fat, avocado? Peanut butter?
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Your own shit.

No thanks, I get enough feces in my diet from having to read your turd posts
  • Oh sorry I thought you were doing a self-deprecating check out my stats thing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Gonna target end of sept for a sub 20, and if I manage that, end of Oct for a sub 19. Need to get something to focus on.

How's this looking, The Daddy?

Got down to 20:10 in today's parkrun, so I'm slowly getting there. Sub-19 remains a bit of a dream atm tho...
  • Nicely done! Had to revise target to sub 21 end sept and sub 20 for end of Oct. Was on target but haven’t done a Parkrun for a couple of weeks so not sure if I’m in the sub 20 zone yet, might still be a bit heavy even though fitness is good now. Hopefully this weekend.
  • Did my first 10k race this past weekend. Did it in under an hour and was reasonably happy with that. Got a medal and everything (everybody who wanted one and finished got a medal, but still - I medalled!)
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!