BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Sorry. 

No problem! I appreciate the help. And wookie sent me a PM that'd be a reasonable doctoral thesis, so I've got lots to be working on.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Haha.
    Happy to help. It's a bit lengthy but as a PT I always found it great value to explain how and why certain exercises are being recommended. I wanted my clients to walk away from a session knowing exactly why we did what we did, if I did my job correctly after a 10 block of sessions with me you'd no longer need me and could take control of your own training :)

Made for a shit business model but made for very happy clients
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'm probably using my legs a little but when tired so maybe cheating. No particular strategy I just come outdoor park every lunch time. At first aim was get to 10 however possible usually like 3 rest 3 rest 2 rest 2. Now its do reps of 5 until I can do no more. One recommendation I was given to build strength was negative pull up so start at top and lower yourself as slowly as possible until arms straight. Take about 15/20 seconds. I do that end of every visit
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    19m26s 5k just now, very happy with that!
    That's amazing. Best run I've ever done is 3 miles 21 minutes. That was 15 years ago I'm about 27 minutes now
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Made for a shit business model but made for very happy clients

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47coh2v5ltbwf2dlv6hqz1nuwx3a8fdda98mtaq1df&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • In my never ending pursuit of how to get fit without doing any exercise, i often find myself watching youtube vids of different exercises and routines, and thinking "that might be quite good if i did it".

usually it stops there, but the latest thing to catch my eye was 'animal flow' (kind of like yoga with more dynamic transitions i guess) and i actually did a a starter routine the last couple of days. not sure it's going to get me 'hench' but hopefully it will help improve my mobility/flexibility, especially in dodgy shoulder and hips.

then again, i'll most likely get bored and stop doing it before the end of the week and we'll never know what it might have done! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • My girlfriend is doing that and it's hard but fun. She loves getting me to try the movements and watching me being shit. Seems like a decent core workout.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's an Arnie doc on Netflix at the minute. A 3 parter. Part 1 is his gym and Mr. Universe / Mr Olympia days.

Obscene amount of muscle , fitness and strength on display.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It's a great doc, really enjoyed it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Watched pt2 there. Great stuff.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    It is indeed a fantastic watch.

I have a real soft spot for the man and I was a little worried this documentary would paint him to be a bit of a dick.

But no, the man is still a legend in my eyes!
  • It paints him very well but also ends on a bit of a tinge of sadness.
    Even though he achieved so much, it's just him and his ponies rattling around in that big old house, there's a sense of loneliness and loss, of longing for past glories in his old age.

• Trying to build up to longer runs. Just managed 6 miles but i'm so slow it annoys me. Why cant i be the same speed as i was when i was 21?!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    First football game in a few months cos of a dodgy ankle. Goig ok, still fit enough, touch not quite there but still enjoying it for 80 mins. Then got crunched, over on my ankle again, feels a bit back to square one. FFS.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Our karate association held a state wide tournament this weekend, and I managed to get this: 

IMG_20230709_203622_771.jpg

Bronze medal in the veteran male kata division.

The weekend coming up is Run Melbourne, in which I am running the half marathon. Hoping for under 1:55 but we shall see....
  • Bravo.
  • Good effort, well done!

Good luck this weekend, I’m guessing the weather this time of year will be mid-teens? Perfect running temp!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Awesome! Well done buddy.
    Which Kata did you perform?
  • Just back to the gym for the first time since covid and I went at my old pace, so I'm pretty tired! I'm going to follow my old pattern of chest/triceps/abs one day, then rest day, then back/ biceps, then rest day, then shoulders/legs, then the weekend off! It's what I did for 5 years between 2015 and 2020. I forgotten how good it feels to lift heavy weights. I've been doing a bit of home exercise during covid but it's not the same as getting out to a gym.

I'm 15.5 stone, want to get back down to 14 stone so that shouldn't take long. Won't want to go any lower than that as I'm 6ft4 so would look too thin, I think. Want to regain my slender and athletic physique!
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    Awesome! Well done buddy. Which Kata did you perform?

Competed over 3 rounds, first round was Ananku (which seems to be a particularly shito-ryu and associated styles exclusive kata, I rarely see other styles using it). Second round was Bassai Dai, and 3rd round was Seienchin. I was tempted to do Nipaipo but I haven't practised that enough for competition I only really learned it about a month ago :)
  • Ah I haven't trained Ananku in years, it's not included in my system and I only learnt it because I was training with an instructor mate who loved it.
    Bassai Dai is a key kata in the wadoryu system that formed the base of my knowledge and lots of fun stuff to learn in that kata. It's a nice choice for competition as well.

Nipaipo is not one I'm familiar with. Will have to look it up!
  • I on the other hand have taken a bit of a temporary retirement from martial arts.
    Been doing it for 30 years now and if I'm honest, I'm kind of fed up with it. Don't really know why but I just can't bring myself to get back into the dojo as I've found myself at a real plateau in my progress. I just have little desire to progress further and such little free time that I want to do other things for a while.

I doubt this is the actual end and I'm certain I'll be back in the dojo training at some point in the near future but for now, it's time to hang up my gi and spend my time with my family
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    If you've no passion for it currently, there's no point trying - you won't get any benefit out of it.

Interestingly, Wado is what I trained when I did karate for a year or so as a kid, although it's very different to the style I am now training, I think it definitely helped me get back into it more quickly.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    Run Melbourne Half Marathon today. Felt good in the first half so had a feeling I could get a good time. Turned out I got a PB by just over 3 minutes.

IMG_20230716_095104_776.jpg

IMG_20230716_095104_893.jpg

Never thought I would be able to go sub 5:30 per km for the whole thing, but it felt really good today
  • Woo! Nicely done!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Clap clap clap
  • Not quite as impressive but i played almost a full 90 mins of 11 a side footy yesterday and managed not to do myself a nasty injury.
    Scored and won too ;)
  • Last weekend my team played another game of wheelchair rugby league.  We won 64-14 but took our foot off the gas for the last 20 mins so as to not embarrass them.  The result will go down in the record books as a 24-0 loss because our team has agreed to forfeit this seasons results.  We've had to cancel a number of fixtures so for league integrity any games we actually do play will all carry the same scoreline.

Our opposition put out a load of social media posts congratulating themselves about winning 24-0.  This will be remembered next season.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well I've definitely got to an age where no exercise for a few weeks -> utterly fucked trying to get it going again

Managed to add about two minutes to my ParkRun time in a matter of weeks
  • I feel your pain. Two weeks in France seems to have allowed my bad foot to get better whilst simultaneously giving me a bad Achilles, dodgy knees, and resetting my fitness level to that of a smoking geriatric.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!