regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I stand with Flora.

SHE HOARDES YEARS OF LRBS BECAUSE SHE HASNT READ THEM YET
  • Well yeah, how can she read them if she doesn't have them?

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

Think about it Hollis.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuckin

Anyway, I've been angered today by Liverpool having its World Heritage site status revoked by UNESCO. What a hell of a city, and with a lot of history, including modern stuff. Feels shitty, unless there's something I've missed.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Wasn’t it the modern stuff that was the problem? Ruined the view, apparently.
  • Basically they were repeatedly warned that the way they were developing the docks risked losing the status, completely ignored them and now here we are.
  • Is any of this related to Joe Anderson?
  • what is the impact of losing the heritage status?

fwiw i didn't know it had it in the first place
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Our corrupt ex-mayor gave no shits as long as the developers kept lining his pockets. I've had some lovely views of the Mersey slowly become crowded out by high rise glass and cladding monsters where no one wants to live (need a car to get anywhere but not enough space for parking, awkward walking distance from town - could do it but who wants to? - and public transport is expensive for the distance needed). These buildings are basically empty. Look into the St James / China Town development plan. I think that's been around for a couple of decades and money kept getting pumped in with no actual development.

The Walrus Bastard has now forced our council under Tory control cos - and lol at this, pots and kettles - the council can't be trusted and the Labour party want to select all candidates until 2026 (I think). I saw that a report had been published into this whole scandal and commentary queried where the addressing of corruption was.

Shame we had very few viable choices while Mayor Joe was running. Tories that will fuck us over or Labour who will fuck us over.

So a huge mess with the UNESCO thing a cherry on top.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    what is the impact of losing the heritage status?

Losing UN funding for conservation and potentially less tourism, essentially.
  • mk64 wrote:
    what is the impact of losing the heritage status?

Dunno if we get money for maintenance and shit but the whole docks is a tourist attraction.

Plus, honour and shit.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Liverpool should have Heritage status purely for the BBQ jam sauce that the chippy I annoyingly forget the name of does. Although I've only ever been pissed when having it, so it may be awful.

(It's not, it's amazing)
  • Yossarian wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    what is the impact of losing the heritage status? fwiw i didn't know it had it in the first place

perhaps the regeneration pays more than the un funding

have you ever visited a place based on heritage status?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Paid Anderson more that is for sure.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cheers Hands. I love your city fwiw
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    what is the impact of losing the heritage status? fwiw i didn't know it had it in the first place

perhaps the regeneration pays more than the un funding

have you ever visited a place based on heritage status?

If you have a world heritage status, you’re pretty much guaranteed to appear in any guidebook for a country or area. No heritage status, no guarantee. So no, I haven’t explicitly visited somewhere for it’s status, but then I’ve visited places that sound interesting based on guidebooks, and those guidebooks have likely been influenced by the status.
  • Really annoyed that I’m getting charged £30 taxes on my McLaren hoody as apparently it’s coming from the Netherlands

I want £1 each from everyone who voted for brexit
    The Forum Herald™
  • You shouldn't be according to their FAQ:

As a UK customer, do I have to pay additional duties as a result of Brexit?
    No, as a UK customer, you don't have to pay additional duties or customs charges to receive your order from our Netherlands warehouse.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Really annoyed that I’m getting charged £30 taxes on my McLaren hoody as apparently it’s coming from the Netherlands

I ordered a Mclaren hoodie in March and it still hasn't come. They sent me a 30% off voucher yesterday and said its due in August.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Cheers Hands. I love your city fwiw

I love it too, I am a happy adoptee of the scouse. The shared raging hate of Tories and The Sun help.
    FranticPea wrote:
    Liverpool should have Heritage status purely for the BBQ jam sauce that the chippy I annoyingly forget the name of does. Although I've only ever been pissed when having it, so it may be awful.

(It's not, it's amazing)

Getting to the important issues. I love a good BBQ sauce, where can I find this? I'll test it sober and let you know if drunk you is sensible.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    To be fair sensible is quite a stretch for sober Franny never mind when he's tipsy. Just ask him about what he's given the guard of our base to use as armour in Conan
  • Just did some googling about this world heritage thing as although i'd heard the term i'd never really taken in what it really meant

https://whc.unesco.org/en/faq/19

"World Heritage is the designation for places on Earth that are of outstanding universal value to humanity and as such, have been inscribed on the World Heritage List to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. Places as diverse and unique as the Pyramids of Egypt, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, Galápagos Islands in Ecuador, the Taj Mahal in India, the Grand Canyon in the USA, or the Acropolis in Greece are examples of the 1007 natural and cultural places inscribed on the World Heritage List to date."

Looking at the places referenced above i'm shocked that Liverpool "Maritime Mercantile City" ever made the list. 

https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/

Looked at the rest of the UK sites,  still think it looks out of place. I mean i quite like Liverpool but it stands out for me as an outlier.
  • Home of the most famous band in the world who literally changed music forever tho
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    At what point does history start

Galaxy brain
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The big bang.
  • Dunno mk, the reasoning seems pretty similar to this one https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/741
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

(It's not, it's amazing)

Getting to the important issues. I love a good BBQ sauce, where can I find this? I'll test it sober and let you know if drunk you is sensible.

I remembered. The Lobster Pot, in the centre. Might be known as a shit chippy for locals, but drunk me fell in love with the BBQ sauce which is more like (very) sweet BBQ jam/syrup. I'd kill for some right now.

Not been for over 2 years mind, so it might have changed. I hope not, I dream about it.

• Dunno mk, the reasoning seems pretty similar to this one https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/741

You just made the list
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Really annoyed that I’m getting charged £30 taxes on my McLaren hoody as apparently it’s coming from the Netherlands

I ordered a Mclaren hoodie in March and it still hasn't come. They sent me a 30% off voucher yesterday and said its due in August.

I had no idea that Steve McLaren merch was so popular.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • mk64 wrote:
    Dunno mk, the reasoning seems pretty similar to this one https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/741

You just made the list

Is Dante now a world heritage site? He does have outstanding universal value to hhumanity, tbf.

Franny, that's ex-Mayor Joe's fave. He's done photo ops outside the place. Unfortunately has resulted in the unfortunate moniker Chippy Tits. I'd rather blast him for his corruption than his weight... But then I did call him a walrus in an above post. He does kinda resemble one though.

Anyways, had a lackluster chips and gravy from there once. Not been back. Will test their BBQ sauce at some point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!