Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • Aye steep was on ps+ ages ago and is a bit poo.
    (Riders Republic seems to be the new steep)

I have ace combat on disk I can lend (I started but never finished it).

Hitman 1 and hitman 2 have both been on ps+ so I can see 3 being the same and there is hitman 3 levels given away every other month so its possible the whole game has been given away by now in pieces.

Far cry is shit

Just buy red dead 2, if its your thing you'll love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The only thing I’d get out of those is Red Dead.
  • I'm tempted with Ace Combat for a tenner, even though I couldn't get on with it when it was on Gamepass. Got weirdly addicted to the less good Project Wingman more recently, so maybe I'd like a proper AC now. At least it had one checkpoint per level, iirc.
  • I loved Red Dead 1. Apart from Zelda BotW it was my last great epic game played and exactly the type of game I got the PS5 for. But I do have Horizon to be getting on with, although the start to it is a bit plodding and average so far, and I did fancy some air based pew pew and some snow boarding slope fun.

And I like Far Cry once every few years. Come at me.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Spider-Man games are getting a 40Hz/unlocked framerate on VRR mode. That will be ace.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice. Still need to get into MM. Only played the opening.
  • Today, we’re excited to announce that Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) support will start rolling out globally to PS5 players this week. On HDMI 2.1 VRR-compatible TVs and PC monitors, VRR dynamically syncs the refresh rate of the display to the PS5 console’s graphical output. This enhances visual performance for PS5 games by minimizing or eliminating visual artifacts, such as frame pacing issues and screen tearing. Gameplay in many PS5 titles feels smoother as scenes render seamlessly, graphics look crisper, and input lag is reduced.* Previously released PS5 games can be fully optimized for VRR through a game patch and future games may include VRR support at launch.

In the coming weeks, the PS5 versions of these titles will receive game patches enabling VRR support:

Astro’s Playroom
    Call of Duty: Vanguard
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
    Destiny 2
    Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
    DIRT 5
    Godfall
    Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
    Resident Evil Village
    Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
    Tribes of Midgard
    These are just a few of the PS5 titles receiving VRR support and we’d like to thank their talented development teams. Please stay tuned to their channels for updates as you’ll have the best experience with VRR once their game patches are live.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/04/25/variable-refresh-rate-support-for-ps5-is-rolling-out-this-week/
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm so glad Tiny Tina's Wonderland is getting this update too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This bit: “ As an added option, you can also choose to apply VRR to PS5 games that don’t support it.”

Gonna try for PS5 Elden Ring.
  • Nice, I played on SeX which had VRR and was smooth.  Will do PS5 playthrough at some point soon, once my mate gets a PS5, so we can co-op.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This but made me do a take “We’re always listening to your feedback and excited to bring you new fan-requested features.

You put it on the side of the box motherfuckers.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    And now I’m in a section called ‘Scapes Movies’ watching my 2011 red Toyota Aqua S get auto driven against a real (I think?) backdrop of what seems to be Port Talbot. They are really leaning into the juxtaposition in this GT it seems. Is GT now trolling me?
    You'd expect at least one motorbike and the Box of Delights theme tune.
    Box of Delights! What a throwback cultural reference that is. You’re showing your age Moot. Quality reference though.

Davy said the Quantel Paintbox was rubbish and G didn't like it. Some miserable folk about.
  • Is this me or are Sony being cunts for requiring some developers to create timed trials for their games to include in its PlayStation Plus Premium plans ?

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/console/timed-game-trials-are-now-a-requirement-for-some-playstation-developers
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Is this me or are Sony being cunts for requiring some developers to create timed trials for their games to include in its PlayStation Plus Premium plans ?

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/console/timed-game-trials-are-now-a-requirement-for-some-playstation-developers

Weird one for me as it seems off to force all devs above a certain price point to create trials, especially when Sony will be the ones profiting via the top tier Plus offerings. So yes, cunts.

On the other hand, digital storefronts often suck for consumer rights and this is undoubtedly a consumer win on that front.

So…yes. No. Kinda. Deffo. Maybe.

It’s schrodingers cunt.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Having a robust, no quibble refund policy on your store front, potentially one that expires after two hours, would cover the consumer protection angle and not put any additional pressure on devs and open this up to everyone, not just Plus subscribers. So yeah, cunts.
  • I do miss demos, but it seemed to put you off the game rather than wanting to buy it. I imagine the demo would be tailored to showing you the game off and not the first 2 hours when you don’t have a clue what’s going on and they’re showing the plot.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • XBLA games all had trials to begin with, didn't they?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    More fool them as I ain’t signing up for premium anyway. They’ve literally lost pounds per month.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Having a robust, no quibble refund policy on your store front, potentially one that expires after two hours, would cover the consumer protection angle and not put any additional pressure on devs and open this up to everyone, not just Plus subscribers. So yeah, cunts.

This is a good shout. Not sure what the MS and Ninty return policies are - i got my money back on GT7 pretty easily despite putting way, way more than 2 hours in, so I don’t think they’re necessarily that bad - but it’s entirely possible there’s already decent protections in place elsewhere.
  • I was refused a refund for Inertial Drift on Xbox because I played it once, for twenty minutes before deciding "fuck me this is shite amma get a refund". Balls.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I thought that Playstation already had a good no quibble refund policy? Or am I misremembering something about the Cyberpunk fiasco?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Save it until the end of November I’d say. It’s a festive game so if you’ve not yet played it you may as well go for the full feels.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah, I had it lined up for last Christmas, but wasn't feeling it.
  • According to my trophies list, I played it on 30 October 2021. Got 7 trophies. Haven’t been back.
  • It ain't a patch on the first game.
  • still playing rdr
    To relax a little and move away from stress after work, you need to play for an hour or two a day. also here are the questions that everyone cares about in video games via https://goodmancoaching.nl/any-work-being-done-on-perception-action-and-or-cognition-in-video-games/
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've set up the PS5 in Elliots room for the weekend but he no longer has access to any of the games on the console? Is it because I share games with my cousin now? If so, that's utter wank if you can't just play the games on the console with different profiles.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I've set up the PS5 in Elliots room for the weekend but he no longer has access to any of the games on the console? Is it because I share games with my cousin now? If so, that's utter wank if you can't just play the games on the console with different profiles.

Yep, if its your home/main console then all profiles have access to your games. Any profile can access YOUR games on your cousins console and like wise Elliots profile should have access to all of your Cousins games on your console.

It works the same on xbox and switch too. I also think it's wank but on the other hand game sharing can be great if you only use one profile.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Anyone using the ps5 headphones?
    Is there anywhere I can test the 3d, and are they super busy for everyone else too?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!