Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Big fan pulls in dust... there's even vents to vacuum your PS5 built in.
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Good stuff b0r1s. Certainly helps with the frame rate.

No problemo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The M.2 bay seems to be outside the main mother board ‘zone’, literally just under the replaceable plastic casing. I can’t imagine dust being much of a problem. But I’m not a hardware guru or nowt.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve got to assume Cerny knows more than me about putting a PlayStation together so I just follow the instructions.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    True true.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Out of the box the implementation doesn't have as good low frame rate compensation as Xbox (48fps vs. 40fps) but the patched games show benefits for those devs who bother to do it. Insomniac being the example here. It's a different approach.

• Fanboy!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Anyone know why my Dual Shock 4 is no longer charging? I plug it in to the wall or laptop and it flashes yellow for a second then goes dead. I've tried different leads and plugs and stuff but no joy?
  • Sounds like what happens/ed to my Switch Pro controller. Maybe battery has had it? Does it work plugged in but just doesn’t charge?

Long live Xbox controllers and AA (rechargeable and replaceable) batteries.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Try the little reset button hole on the underneath maybe?
  • Yeah it plays fine plugged in just won't charge. Probably battery is gone then.
    Try the little reset button hole on the underneath maybe?

Tried that but it didn't seem to do anything. Held it in for 10 seconds or so...
  • Are you sure it's just not fully charged!
  • Ha ha now that would be something! Does it blink yellow when it's fully charged???
  • Well if it's charging, you can tell by the icon when you press home or whatever in the dashboard somewhere
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ha ha now that would be something! Does it blink yellow when it's fully charged???
    No it will go yellow then go out!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Well if it's charging, you can tell by the icon when you press home or whatever in the dashboard somewhere

I don't have my PS4 plugged in you see. In fact, I'm not even sure I still have it. I wonder if the PS5 will tell me?
  • digi wrote:
    Ha ha now that would be something! Does it blink yellow when it's fully charged???
    No it will go yellow then go out!

Fuck!
  • What are using the PS4 pad with?
  • Gaming laptop. It's been fine connected to Bluetooth before but for some reason only works when plugged in now.
  • Might be a dead battery then. Take it laptop doesn't detect it at all wireless?
  • What headphones do peeps here recommend for playing late night on the PS5? I was looking at the official Sony Pulse 3D ones. I want something light and comfortable, that utilises the 3D audio functionality of PS5 (or is this software driven and actually applies to all headphones regardless? Seems so based on the Wired review linked below.), which has the option of plugging in with cable to the controller if the headset is not charged, and ideally doesn’t make me look like a YouTube influencer when wearing it. I don’t really game online so not too bothered about microphone but probably good to have that as an option to future proof in case I do so later - maybe a removable microphone or built into the cans or something? The Pulse 3D seems to tick all boxes but has mixed reviews online, some of which point to Steel Series Arctis 1 as an alternative, which doesn’t look as nice as Pulse IMHO. Here’s a typical review: https://www.wired.com/review/sony-pulse-3d-wireless-headset/amp.

So what do peeps here recommend?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm using the Pulse, they're not as comfortable as my Bose but they are around a third of the price. I've not yet even tried the Bose with it so can't really do a comparison, might try that later though. Also not really heard the 3D yet so no idea if that even works. One complaint I had was I'd get lot of knocking sounds if I wore them lying down
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The review reads a bit harsh to me. The Pulse cans aren’t as comfortable as the old Golds they replaced but not as bad as the review makes out. The ear cups are a bit small so they more sit on your ears than over them. I’ve not used them much but the surround worked well in Returnal, which was the main reason I bought them. Having a surround setup I rarely use headphones except when I want to blast something late at night. I’d also say the build quality is decent for the money certainly better than the old PS4 golds.

If I was you I’d go Amazon. At least you can no fuss return if you don’t like the fit.
  • I still use the golds, can't see any reason to upgrade other than the fact that the ear pads are moulting. I use them for Xbox too, albeit with a wire. They're nice headphones, but if the Pulse cans are less comfortable I'd avoid them tbh - I wouldn't say comfort is one of the better aspects of the golds.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I was comparing to the older golds with the blue interior plastic. They have bigger cups than the remodelled version but yeah the Pulse is a firmer headset.
  • They're the ones I meant too. Good sound considering they were pretty cheap (and feel a bit cheap). They still start to squash/pinch my ears after an hour.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never pictured you as a Ferengi :-)
  • I'll grow into them one day.

Pad question: Tilly got a whopping chunk of pocket money from my dad last week and wants to put it towards Sackboy. Am I right in thinking the PS4 game would be playable on PS5 with one dual sense pad and one DS4? It's 60fps on PS4 so I doubt there'd be much difference between the two versions at 1080p anyway. Not that she gives a shit about shinies. Or has there been any word from Sony that they'll take the troll barrier off the PS5 in a future update and allow old pads to work?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I still use the golds, can't see any reason to upgrade other than the fact that the ear pads are moulting. I use them for Xbox too, albeit with a wire. They're nice headphones, but if the Pulse cans are less comfortable I'd avoid them tbh - I wouldn't say comfort is one of the better aspects of the golds.

I replaced the ear pads and the inner blue section for very little cost, buying the parts from eBay. Worth doing if you want to keep them going.
  • Will take a look, thanks. I might get replacement pads for my faithful AKG's while I'm at it, I often come home from work with small bits of shedded plastic on my ears/neck/face.
  • The Sackboy thing is getting complicated now. Apparently the PS4 game has a free PS5 upgrade. So does that mean I won't be able to play the PS4 version on PS5, or can I refuse the update manually?

This pad compatibility issue is fucking ridiculous tbh, I'm surprised I've seen so little moaning about it. I'd buy a second pad if I thought I'd get much use out of it long term, but co-op is 95% covered by other consoles in my house.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!