X Box Series S and X thread of MS DOING IT BETTER
  • Just play through tittyfall 2 again.
  • Should I play Wolfenstein 2 for the first time or Titanfall 2 again? I've played maybe 80 mins of Wolf2, didn't enjoy so got rid of the disc. I'm kinda back into FPSs now though so I'm wondering if I was a bit hasty. They're both on ultimate GP right?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I thought Wolf 2 was a big improvement on Wolf 1, others thought the opposite, so, um, yeah, flip a coin, maybe?
  • Yeah all the Wolfenstein games on gamepass are enjoyable bar yhat new youngblood one
    PSN - minkymu
  • I wish they would go back to the super natural stuff where nazis are messing with ancient evil.

I also think they missed a trick with that super armour. I thought that was building on some mythical age and that was part of the defence used to fight off some mega ancient evil thing. But no. Its just some cool old armour
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I thought Wolf 2 was a big improvement on Wolf 1, others thought the opposite, so, um, yeah, flip a coin, maybe?

Not a bad shout. Which coin should I use though?
  • Titanfall 2 is my favourite single player FPS campaign. It's the goat for me. Apex legends for multiplayer. Respawn are bossing your modern day shooters.
  • Yeah titty 2 is great. Played it through again a few months ago. My 3rd run through.

They need to get on Titanfall 3 ASAP
    PSN - minkymu
  • Gears 5? Looks amazing and is a solidly enjoyable campaign. The DLC hivebusters was a bit wank though.
  • Do i need to have played 4. Those robots annoyed the shit out of me so i stopped playing
    PSN - minkymu
  • 5 is the worst big budget game I’ve tried to play in ages.  I didn’t get on with it from the opening section.  It’s a mess.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Yeah titty 2 is great. Played it through again a few months ago. My 3rd run through.

Here's hoping they are putting some of that Apex money towards it. And that they have the staff to spare.
    I kind of think that Titanfall 2 was a lightning in a bottle type of game where all the creative stars aligned for them to make that game and that it would be hard to recreate it.

• T2 my favourite fps since hl2
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Do i need to have played 4. Those robots annoyed the shit out of me so i stopped playing

No
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Yeah titty 2 is great. Played it through again a few months ago. My 3rd run through.

Here's hoping they are putting some of that Apex money towards it. And that they have the staff to spare.
    I kind of think that Titanfall 2 was a lightning in a bottle type of game where all the creative stars aligned for them to make that game and that it would be hard to recreate it.

I believe they don't and won't. AFAIK the money and talent is going on a sequel to their Star Wars game.
  • I can't be bothered with Gears 5 after finding out parts of it are open world (or at least open space). Not sure if I'll go back to no.4 either, the robots did me in too, but Hivebusters was great fun and Gears Tactics is one of the best AAA games in recent years imo. Fingers crossed for a sequel that irons out a few of the kinks.
  • Gears 4 is excellent after the slow, roboty start. The open sections in 5 are really just a means to get from one hub section to the next. You can explore, but don’t need to. They take minutes. Bar a pretty difficult boss at one point, Gears 5 is a really good entry into the series.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Gears 4 is excellent after the slow, roboty start. The open sections in 5 are really just a means to get from one hub section to the next. You can explore, but don’t need to. They take minutes. Bar a pretty difficult boss at one point, Gears 5 is a really good entry into the series.

Fair Shout but the "exploring" loses its appeal pretty quickly. Its nice in the snow level, but the red dust world offers nothing extra to the concept. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoyed this Gears and I think its the best since 1 (Must replay 2 some time) but Gears games do spend a lot of time and effort on padding out levels - be it cut scenes with characters having a chat, walking for ages while having a chat and in gears 5, wandering around on a ski while having a chat. I get that the game needs breaks between gunfights but it takes the piss sometimes.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I played the whole thing in co-op with my cousin and we got talking during the cutscenes, so they didn't really bother me. What I would say is that I had very little idea as to what was going on by the end! The shooty-bang is top though.
  • LPE5VTC.jpg

Flynn: Son of Crimson (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 15
    I Am Fish (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 16
    SkateBird (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 16
    Superliminal (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 16
    Aragami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 17
    Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Cloud, Console, and PC) – September 23
    Sable (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 23
    Subnautica: Below Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 23
    Tainted Grail: Conquest (PC) ID@Xbox – September 23
    Lemnis Gate (Console and PC) – September 28
    Astria Ascending (Cloud, Console, and PC) – September 30
    Unsighted (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – September 30
    Phoenix Point (Console) ID@Xbox – October 1
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ooh, I had my eye on that Superliminal. Definitely be giving that a try.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A decent haul I guess, no individual title getting me hyped but I'm sure I'll dabble with a few...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I got superliminal in last month's humble :-(
  • SkateBird is gonna have to have been through some real lick and spit polish before 1.0 because that ID@XBOX demo was fucking horrible.
  • Yeah it was pretty dire.

Not much is jumping out at me there but I will see what others have to say, quite a few I know nothing of.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Phoenix Point is the XCOM thing isn't it?

Lemnis Gate looks mad as fuck, not sure how long it'll entertain though

More Subnautica is welcome
  • Just put Flynn on my watch list on Switch, made up with this. Lots of other things to look into there too.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Phoenix Point is the XCOM thing isn't it?

Lemnis Gate looks mad as fuck, not sure how long it'll entertain though

More Subnautica is welcome

They're the ones I'm hyped about. Below Zero is great.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Phoenix Point I'm interested in. Wasn't it a bit janky and buggy when first released on PC, think I read something that put me off, so yay for GP.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Been wanting to play Superliminal for a while, bangin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!