Hades
  • I had a good run with the rail gun last night where I stumbled on a simliiar combo to voices mentioned...i had a triple bomb thing on the special, and a triple fire on the normal attack that kind of meant no reloads. Got to the Elysium bosses but made the mistake of getting too close to the king (?) who fucked me up quickly
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If you use a trinket on one floor is it used up for the next? I'm not getting the dodge and speed boost from Hermes' Lambent Plume for quickly clearing rooms on the top level
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Third time he's kicked my arse now. Very hard once he starts spawning those green urns and makes it hard to move anywhere
  • If you use a trinket on one floor is it used up for the next? I'm not getting the dodge and speed boost from Hermes' Lambent Plume for quickly clearing rooms on the top level

The effects trinkets continue to provide a benefit for as long as you have them equipped. Once you've taken it off you stop getting the benefit. 

In terms of 'proccing' the effect - if it's not going off then you're probably not clearing the rooms quickly enough - Elysium is hard to go fast on initially. If you look at the trinket under your boons on the UI you'll see a small timer going, and there's a subtle noise once the timer runs out.

If you've got access to everything then a good order to equip would be - god/god/money/survive, or god/god/effect/same effect (hopefully that makes sense). surviving would be something like skelly's trinket, or the one that makes you ignore the first few hits of a boss that I can't recall the name of.
  • Lambert Plume doesn’t trigger in the small rooms in the final area, only the last big room each time.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That'll be it. Had a rapid firing chain bow going which decimated everything except bastard Hades.

4 times he's killed me now
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't seem to be getting any titan blood from bosses now. What's the crack?
  • You only get them the first time you defeat the boss with a different weapon.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Titan blood for each weapon beating the Fury first time only. Then diamonds and soopa ambrosia thing for the other bosses.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Done it!
    Finally escaped.
  • Nice! How many attempts?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
    Which seems fitting.
  • Nice. Took me about 48-50 attempts or so, can’t remember. Almost did it tonight with the spear but didn’t have a decent upgraded call.
  • I feel a bit better knowing that's how many attempts it can take, I'm only on about 18 i think
  • I'm gonna give this a break now I've escaped.
    It has dominated my free time this week and a few runs have absolutely fucked my wrist up from hammering the attack button.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Try using your thumb instead
  • Like I'm gonna take advice from a scrub with 0 escapes.
    ;)
  • Put on God Mode, still can't beat the first boss lady. Come at me SCRUBS.
  • Turn off god mode and die like a man. You'll beat her eventually
  • Put on God Mode, still can't beat the first boss lady. Come at me SCRUBS.

You do you Gav!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Hades vanquished on the 17th attempt. Didn’t think it was building up to be a good run then it all came together. Awesome game.
  • Blimey.  17th attempt.
  • Only the second time I got to him though, like I said it all depends on what you manage to collect. Had a call that made me invincible, after it ran out I got plus 20% damage, and it charged itself. Everything else was Zeus so just chucking lightning all over the place and letting my call charge then running in and destroying him, rinse and repeat. Using the ring that makes sure your first boon is Zeus sets you up every run. Hardest boss is the Elysium duo. Sometimes they feel easy and sometimes they absolutely destroy you.
  • What Trinkets are people running with then?

My first escape was using the butterfly one (adds 1/1.5/2% damage per room cleared without taking a hit). I got that up to about 24%, it was only on the 1.5%+ level at that stage. I've since got it to over 30%. Stacks well regardless of build.

I have been taking the bone (Basically an extra Death Defiance set at 100 health) but both clears I have done without it and with a death defiance spare anyway.

The god specific ones only really seem good if you want to aim for a specific build and I'm not that knowledgeable of the game yet.
  • Most seem pointless to me but I imagine they are unless you have a super specific build/knowledge. I’ve only really used the one that adds 50 health or the one that makes your first boon a rare Zeus.
  • I was taking the 50 health one for a bit as well but Im finding I value health upgrades less and less really. 
    Good to pick up some extra health along the way but Boons can add so much more.

Good builds seem the most important thing. I generally get to Theseus now and at that point, even before that fight know if Im going to get to Hades or not.
    Styx is still too much based on luck so I need to improve on handling that area so I have enough going into Hades to reliably beat him.
  • I tend to take GodBoon/GodBoon/Boss5HitShieldThing/Skelly.

Current run, I'm in Elysium with a cast that does beams.  It seems... good.
  • Im still so bad at not using Casts.
    I meant to do a deliberate Cast run the other day to get in the habit but was offered up good Special boons so it went out the window.
  • At some point you're able to bring up the list of boons and prerequisites for each in the index. I'm not sure what you need to do to get that, but I couldn't seem to open it on PC on my fresh save. It's a lot easier to work out what boons to go for once you have access to that in game.

I think the strength of the god trinkets also depends on how much of the mirror you've unlocked, as the last few unlocks increase the liklihood of decent boons, and allow you limited rerolls of what's offered.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Im still so bad at not using Casts. I meant to do a deliberate Cast run the other day to get in the habit but was offered up good Special boons so it went out the window.

Try going for the Demeter cast with Artemis on attack/special and aim for their duo. A bit of a weird build, but it's very strong against bosses. Choosing the mirror option that puts the cast on a timer rather than giving you ammo is also good there. You can just pop cast from time to time as you go about your normal business. 

Zeus cast is also very strong for cast builds and will absolutely wreck Tartarus.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!