Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    I picked up WW1 Fighters last night and it is pretty impressive. The controls are not the easiest, I would say, and it took me a while to figure out where to get the gun for the airships. By the time I had figured it out, I had shot my load, so to speak. I also find it difficult while sitting on the sofa to grab the stuff below as I hit the cushion before I get to the gun. That seems to be a common problem with VR games while seated.

Great feeling of immersion in the skies, though.

Glad you’re enjoying it - there’s a not so obvious guide in the cockpit in a form of a folder, which is a nice touch. Hitting the seat or arms reaching for your weapon of choice does annoy but sitting forward really helps.

Frantic and I had a jolly good hour in co- op last night culminating in a one on one flare only battle just between us. He’s a natural born aviator, trouncing me 4-1 (the rum probably didn’t help my aim) got this one up his arse though…

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Graphics look decent enough. What's the draw distance like?
  • Glad you’re enjoying it - there’s a not so obvious guide in the cockpit in a form of a folder, which is a nice touch. Hitting the seat or arms reaching for your weapon of choice does annoy but sitting forward really helps. Frantic and I had a jolly good hour in co- op last night culminating in a one on one flare only battle just between us. He’s a natural born aviator, trouncing me 4-1 (the rum probably didn’t help my aim) got this one up his arse though…

That's a peach! How did you get so many flares? They seemed to be limited for me? I also couldn't really make out what was on the folder, and I found the two different methods of control being available at the same time a bit confusing. That should be a menu selection for control method. I do like the variety in the levels with night time included. The ground targets seemed to take forever to destroy. I'm sure I'll have another go at it tonight.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Graphics look decent enough. What's the draw distance like?

Crispy on a Quest 2.

LtPidgeon wrote:

That's a peach! How did you get so many flares? They seemed to be limited for me?

There’s a flare only deathwatch with unlimited ammo.
    It’s great fun one on one, expect it’s a riot with more. Need to arrange a night next week to get some more badgers in the sky.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Was alot of fun shooting Hair up the arse with a flare.

We need to sort a 2 seater out, no idea how you'd get in the same plane though?
  • I want to play this but my quest is not picking up my in laws WiFi for some reason, it's just not showing up as available
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The new round of Valve patents look cool. It seems Valve are going to do all the high end hardware stuff and let it trickle down to the wider community.

https://youtu.be/p9pZt0GKJyc
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Pierhead arcade 2 is now available on the app lab for £8.
    If you have kids (or are a big kid like me) it's full of those ticket machines you find in arcades nowadays plus air hockey and crane machines.
    Tickets can be exchanged for toys like freebees and it supports multiplayer.

You rang.....
  • Bit of troubleshooting after getting my Quest back after almost 2 years in storage. I can connect to my wifi network but the store won't load and neither will Wander (which uses the internet). However, I can happily browse on the browser. Any ideas?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Probably a lot of updates to be installed.
  • As in system updates?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maybe yeah, or just those particular apps. I guess it's a Quest 1 so I don't know exactly how it works.
  • Settings>about>update (If I remember correctly)
    You rang.....
  • Lurch666 wrote:
    Settings>about>update (If I remember correctly)
    I don't see any update option in there. It does seem strange. Hasn't been on in almost 2 years and the only thing that has an update available is Beat Saber. I'm at my parent's house. Could be something fishy with their wifi. I'll see how it goes in the flat over the next few days.
  • I had something odd happen with mine Scout, it absolutely would not even see my in laws WiFi. It picked up every other house on the tiny street but wouldn't even see their one. My phone and laptop picked it up just fine but the Quest refused.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Annoyingly it is connecting to their wifi but when I try and open the store it comes up with 'no internet connection'. I'll see how I get on at my own place.
  • I had something odd happen with mine Scout, it absolutely would not even see my in laws WiFi. It picked up every other house on the tiny street but wouldn't even see their one. My phone and laptop picked it up just fine but the Quest refused.
    I had something odd happen with mine Scout, it absolutely would not even see my in laws WiFi. It picked up every other house on the tiny street but wouldn't even see their one. My phone and laptop picked it up just fine but the Quest refused.

Is it some weird 2.4 vs 5.8 thing or something?  Or a mesh thing?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I had something odd happen with mine Scout, it absolutely would not even see my in laws WiFi. It picked up every other house on the tiny street but wouldn't even see their one. My phone and laptop picked it up just fine but the Quest refused.
    That came up when I was googling but I didn't want to start tinkering with my parent's modem settings.
  • Elmlea wrote:

No idea. I had a little tinker with their router settings and could find anything. Its an old 2.4 one. I did momentarily consider changing the network name to "CandyCrushSucks" just to wind up my mother in law

It could be down to how modern routers handle wifi. They present one access point and the unit handles the channels that the devices connect to, whether they are 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Not all devices like that, and it is easily fixed by logging into the router and setting it to use a SSID per channel so that you will have a 2.4 and a 5.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    But he can access the browser on the Quest, which means the wifi is working. I'd be surprised if it's not an update issue of some kind. Factory reset might be needed.
  • Sounds to me like Wookie’s issue was different to Scout’s.

Wookie: Found a Wi-Fi setup the Quest refused to see.

Scout: Connects to Wi-Fi just fine, but the Quest is misbehaving.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh sorry, I was taking about Scout's.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, go into wifi settings on the router and set the 5ghz to channel 48, not auto. Should sort it out.
  • Perhaps logging out of the oculus account then back in could help.
    Worked on my PC when I couldn't get the update for the link software.
    You rang.....
  • Sacrifice a baby.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Just bought a quest 2 and as a standalone it's quite wonderful in my humble

Been struggling with the bloated steamvr interface via oculus link to try to play alien isolation with the vr mod......when it does work its impressive but the mod has glitches.

Just fired up Half Life Alyx when I finally got it working and it's well......colossal isn't it? WOW. nothing else in VR can touch that!
    rest less
  • In other news space pirate trainer DX arena mode is up.
    That's the one where two people with headsets and a large area can play a laser tag type game.

It's a free update if you already own space pirate trainer. I'm hoping I can use my quest 1 and 2 together if I can find somewhere suitable.
    You rang.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!